Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > lil grey

t@z

2054 Posts
Member #: 452
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 14th Sep, 2011 madmk1 said:
Hi mate, it looks like i may be getting my eng back tomorrow *Clapping* so i will be hard at it this weekend but i will see if i can get over next week.

simon.

woop :) if you need a hand let me know and i can see if i can get over and thanks simon no rush get your stuff sorted first still need to do odds n sods on mine; maybe tidy it up before you see it and laugh *happy*

www.twitter.com/lilpinkiy

pim1275cc16v

45 Posts
Member #: 9557

South region of the Netherlands

Nice turbo manifold setup.

good job

There ain't no milling machine like the one at home !!!

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

busy morning,

realised my sister had an old dell with a serial port, bonus :) so i hooked that up and loaded some 1293 16psi map onto it which should be better than the std MJ map. (for now)

went to b&q got some metal to make an IC bracket thing/holder and also some tabs to sit under the IC so it doesn't touch the solenoid. Bonnet still closes after some fiddling so happy with that as if im honest i was deading the whole bonnet closing ordel. got it all mounted then realised i had to take it all off again to drill holes to mount the coil pack....pain in the arse and no work on the car would be complete without a cut above the nail; fucker wont stop bleeding lol

updated piccys below, im kinda happy with it.

ic front by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

ic top by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

tomorrow i'm going to bleed the brakes and check the hub nuts and put it back on wheels.....erm then maybe go up and down the road :/ then start on the screamer pipe so i can give it to lee next to weld.

t

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

lee popped over last night and we got the screamer pipe kinda sorted so he has that now to get welded and then i'll need to do some cutting but to be honest it was easier than i thought it would; mainly as we kinda settled for the easiest option. i was going to try and route down the back of the engine but it was so tight and the angles were a pain in the bee-hind and we was concerned with it being to close to the driveshaft boot. but i'll update you with piccys maybe next week when i get it on.

tried bleeding the brakes and there was a bit of pipe we reused that didnt sit flush in the joiner so it leaked so i need to try and ge to thinkauto sometime which could be a royal pain as they are not open saturday.

also started it and ran the car for a bit put a different map on it as it didnt like to start on the map i put on it and i couldnt work out if it was my sisters laptop but it wouldnt read the revs for some strange reason. the minute we took of the choke the thing also died so carbs coming off maybe tonight if i'm home for a clean.

seems like the little bits are never ending and esp the daylight after work is getting less and less!

Edited by t@z on 20th Sep, 2011.

Yo-Han

971 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

On 17th Sep, 2011 t@z said:
.....my sister..........
t

*wink*

Seriously though, really nice set up!

Dazed and Confused....

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 20th Sep, 2011 Yo-Han said:

On 17th Sep, 2011 t@z said:
.....my sister..........
t

*wink*

Seriously though, really nice set up!

haha bollocks (i guess i know what i need to do later).......and thanks very much :)

Yo-Han

971 Posts
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

*wink*

Have you concidered using a Metro starter engine which has the selenoid (sp?) at an other angle? (check clearance to the front panel)
This way you might be able to get the IC a bit lower..

Dazed and Confused....

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

*wink*

Have you concidered using a Metro starter engine which has the selenoid (sp?) at an other angle? (check clearance to the front panel)
This way you might be able to get the IC a bit lower..

hmm i think i'll be going to ebay later to check that out thanks yo-han, it was something lee and i were discussing last night about the IC position but couldnt really think of a solution. so maybe you might be right.

Edited by t@z on 20th Sep, 2011.

Yo-Han

971 Posts
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

Put a thread up in wanted section
I bet there are some people around that have a metro one lying around somewhere... *smiley*

Dazed and Confused....

bennyy

2233 Posts
Member #: 9037
Post Whore

Doncaster, yorkshire

The metro starter has the solenoid more on the front rather than the top iirc.

Audi s4 b5 - 470bhp & 486ft lbs

On 15th Mar, 2012 wil_h said:

Yes, Carl says he gets requests for rimming all the time

On 30th Apr, 2012 Brett said:
yeah stick the bit in and give it a wobble *wink*

Yo-Han

971 Posts
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

Exactly, saves a little bit in height.
Not much but might help if you have a small clearance issue with bonnet..

Dazed and Confused....

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

Exactly, saves a little bit in height.
Not much but might help if you have a small clearance issue with bonnet..

the bonnet actually closes, it was tight but i think getting it lower would help airflow which is also important too :)

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

metro starters don't clear the front panel

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 20th Sep, 2011 apbellamy said:

ah thanks well thats saved me soem further investigation, must also remove that jay cloth from under the IC just noticed it in the piccy lol

Yo-Han

971 Posts
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

On 20th Sep, 2011 apbellamy said:

I have one in my Van (engine in for template but positioned correctly) and it clears the front panel, not by much but it does, that is why I said check clearance.
Is the front panel different in a Van at this position when comparing to that of a saloon?

Sorry for almost getting you into trouble T@z.

Dazed and Confused....

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

You "can" get a metro starter in there. But if the engine has more than a little movement you may find yourself with burnt paint on your front end.

However Metro starters fit just fine in clubbies.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

Its possible to rotate the starter if you redrill the transfer housing....not possible in situ though. *oh well*

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

supermotolee

614 Posts
Member #: 2153
Post Whore

kings langley

the intercooler mounting is fine where it is man all i would maybe do is buy yourself some hole saws and make a few holes in the bonnet just make sure u mask up before you drill to try and save the paint...

Speeding is like masturbating, everyone does it, but not all of us film it and put it on the internet

[quote=fab,8th Oct, 2010]fuck off

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

well i cleaned the carb and there was lots of shit at the bottom of the float bowl and in the petrol itself!

so anyway cleaned got it back on and the thing starts on the choke and fast idles fun but the minute i give it some throttle it sputters the dies :s

am i right in thinking it can only be the idle and mixture strews that have prob been played with? otherwise i'm at a loss.

does anyone also know the "default" settings for either of the top of there head?

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

well my idling issues kinda continue.

i checked everything over and sealed the blocked bit on the carb better and checked the vacum and appeared to be ok, i also found a seal thing for the dash pot oil top and fitted that before i packed up but that wasn't on when i was testing the idle. i tighten'd up the manifold studs but will check the carb over better in more light sunday morning.

i have needle BDD and the mixture screw was wound in i think to get it to this point.

carb_fp by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

carb_connections by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

videos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilpinkiy/617...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilpinkiy/617...in/photostream/

headache :(

Edited by t@z on 23rd Sep, 2011.

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

so anyway ball ache of trying to get it idling actually turned out to be pretty simple.... embarrassingly i couldn't see the idle screw because the IC pipe coming out of the plenum was blocking me from seeing it when i looked directly at the top and to be honest i never thought to look that side; anyway i was a tit head so there we go!

sat morning i got up early and went to collect the bit of brake pipe that my uncle had got from thinkauto for me for me, when i got home i set about working on the mini.

- i fitted the brake pipe bit and then bleed them
- got it idling and running a bit ish better
- cut down and fitted screamer pipe with relevant mods for venting gases

i got a bit stuck here as i still couldn't find the nipple screw thing to hold the throttle cable on the carb and well just fortunately enough that simon (madmk1) text me and i asked him....few text's later and once i had tided up and sorted myself out i popped over to his chatted for a bit and tried to work out why his engine bay looks so big and mine so small lol and collected the little bit he had spare once i had shown him on his carb what bit it was.

today i got up early and was outside with excitement of driving my car just up the road after coming off the road on 30 Sep 2009!!

anyway go the bit simon gave me and.....

nipple_wont_fit by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

needless to say i was a bit gutted and spent about 10 minutes working out if i had anything at all to work with :S after a brian storm and forcing myself not to give up at this hurdle and my initial disappointment i got out my dremel some attachment i had i dunno a green thing and spent the next 30-40 mins slowly working at it stopping and starting...checking and this was the outcome.

nipple fit by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

mega chuffed

i got bored so took this i kinda like it...

austinframe by lilpinkiy, on Flickr

will upload a vid later maybe;

but massive thanks to simon; sir your a life saver :)

longy

1547 Posts
Member #: 2727
Post Whore

Bicester

Great pic^, awesome build

1972 998 TURBO SLEEPER

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

thanks longy

not the best just up and down the road really with some ipod music and a old motorbike.......ignore the pants haha :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/lilpinkiy?feature=mhee

madmk1

5417 Posts
Member #: 6181
Double hard bastard

brookwood woking

O yes i forgot to tell you that the hole needs to be made bigger mate.

simon.

I have started posting on Instagram also my name on there is turbomk1golf

Nothing is impossible it just costs more and takes longer.

On 1st Nov, 2007 Ben H said:
There is no such thing as 'insignificant weight saving', it all adds up.

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 2nd Oct, 2011 madmk1 said:
O yes i forgot to tell you that the hole needs to be made bigger mate.

simon.

haha its alright, did confuse me a lot though i was like "but its on his car it must work" *happy* so just made the nipple smaller rather than taking the carb off

i really appreciate that part though simon, when i next see you i'll give you some beers!!

Edited by t@z on 2nd Oct, 2011.

Home > Show Us Yours! > lil grey
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: