Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > Estimated GT1752 Compressor Map

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

The square of the scale ratio applies to the flow, because it is related to the outlet area ie, the circumference of the wheel times the tip height. Hence square.

The PR varies directly with the scale ratio because it is directly related to the wheel diameter.

Basically, what I said in February was correct. Yesterday I was talking crap!

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

On 20th of Jul, 2007 at 03:01pm Axel said:

Basically, what I said in February was correct. Yesterday I was talking crap!

LOL!

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

fab

1497 Posts
Member #: 100
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

so good Vino *laughing*

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 20th of Jul, 2007 at 05:34pm fab said:
so good Vino *laughing*

Chateau Neuf Du Pape - Enough said!

I'm on my way to the Pyrenees on Sunday. I will have to get a few cases of vino on the way back.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I've removed these estimated maps as I now consider them to be incorrect for two reasons.

The Affinity Laws used to calculate the scale factors may have been incorrectly applied. Further research has revealed that the Affinity laws may be different when applied to compressible fluids. Most text books assert that they are equally valid for compressible and incompressible, but there are some websites that state otherwise. It depends which bit of research that you read and agree with.

The other thing is that although the wheels on spec appear to be geometrically similar, the GT1752 actually has a larger tip height, so this will alter the shape of the map considerably.

It is highly likley that the above two issues may well cancel each other out in general terms, but the map will look very different.

Home > Technical Chat > Estimated GT1752 Compressor Map
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: