Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > my little daily driver, stripped out, to be a T2 turbo'd 998 60's/70's weekend-racer style!

clubman_dan

1128 Posts
Member #: 142
Post Whore

Winchester

looks wicked mate!

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Member #: 54
Post Whore

nr coventry

cheers clubman_dan, i ;like it all stripped out, i've took my arches off & fitted deluxe chrome trim now :oP & need to fit my front hi-los to get the front down a bit! a stick-on numberplate is a priority too! cheers for liking it! its nice that other ppl like the way i'm doing my car

SKYLINES ARE LIKE CLITS, EVERY FLANGE SEEMS TO HAVE ONE: see this sticker on my silvia

the Search-section on this forum is blummin superb & simple to use, unlike some other forums, without the search-section & the help of this bunch of chaps on here i'll never be able to !!!Start the day with a 998cc turbo!!! :) i'm getting closer though!

Tom Fenton says: I have it all, make me an offer

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

A pic of my fun machine & the mini, i thought the pics were a bit arty :oP

Edited by clubminiflip on 26th Sep, 2006.

SKYLINES ARE LIKE CLITS, EVERY FLANGE SEEMS TO HAVE ONE: see this sticker on my silvia

the Search-section on this forum is blummin superb & simple to use, unlike some other forums, without the search-section & the help of this bunch of chaps on here i'll never be able to !!!Start the day with a 998cc turbo!!! :) i'm getting closer though!

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

A couple of pics of my bike for all those that have or like bikes, its a Honda CBR400RR "Babyblade"

Cheers

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

Well its been a while since i've added some progress info & pics but there has been some woo hoo!
i'll post my pics later on 2nite the camera is playing up a bit arrrrh!
well i'v made up my re-inforcement plates for my rollcage prepped & ready to fit weld to the car & i must add, 3mm plate is blummin sturdy stuff, gr8 for making gussets etc etc

also made some triangle plates to weld to the bonnet & boot apatures so i can fit my grp bonnet & boot with painted on numberplates *tongue*
i'll put pics of those but they are'nt finished yet,
the boot lid only cost me £5 at the aston hall mini show & it was in a really bad st8 with cracks, big chips & drilled holes etc etc but i thought i'd repair it, it cost me anther £5 in materials & paint so worth it i feel, so just have to fit these as soon as i can this week probobly

also i've had a ball joint failure on the passenger side so i've built up some spare hubs with new wheel bearings & ball joints, all the parts were degreased about 4 times & i've painted my hubs with 'Gravi-Tex' anti stone chip paint, which turns out a matt blak colour, i think it looks really good & it is overpaintable, i'm not sure if i should paint the hubs in gloss or not?????

just trying to sort funds for my engine machining work now :(
i want my 998 turbo motor for Avon arrrhhhh!!!! The rest is coming on ok with the car prep though, also sourced the appropriate fuel lines & P-clips, i'm going to route the feed & return fuel lines + the turbo fuel pressure regulator in ready-ness for.............

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

heres my recon hubs, its been ages since i have done a set of these *tongue*

they do look a bit blue in the pics but are matt black, should i paint them gloss? more pics to come

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

Love this car, never seen it before!

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

ive managed to miss these pics too, looking good im pleased to see your progressing with it

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

here other pics from earlier, my pc software for pics is s^*t chrikey its cold working on the mini, more to follow this week & thanks for the comments chaps, it keeps the enthusiasm going & wanting it running for avon nxt yr of course*happy*
the body is nearly how i want it, just some minor swiss cheese holes to make in places, Oh!!! spot the old battery charger its 20+yrs old & works perfect!

i'll explain why i've only painted the centre sections of the cage re-inforcement plates & the lil triangles for the grp boot mounts, the reason is just for welding, good clean bare metal & all that & that because the underside is part-coated with paint its to stop the dreaded rust!!! & the bonnet is old english white at the front because its the base colour for my painted numberplate *tongue* paint is lighter than plastic plates i think *happy* aprt from MOT time of course, any comments always apprieciated, cheers again

Edited by clubminiflip on 29th Nov, 2006.

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

almost forgot!!! i got these for £50 the pair, they are in top condition, leather needs a little feeding on the drivers side, just have to figure out how to mount them, & yes! they are in next to the bed! *tongue* Height adjustible drivers seat which is ace cause i'm a short arse!
i wanted a oldschool style recliners but for the price i'm happy with these, i felt myself & my passenger 'when i have them' need a small amount of comfort *tongue* it'll just have a grp or ally drivers bucket for the trackdays & 1/4mile fundays

any ideas how to mount these would be gr8, cheers

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

almost forgot!!! i got these for £50 the pair, they are in top condition, leather needs a little feeding on the drivers side, just have to figure out how to mount them, & yes! they are in next to the bed! *tongue* Height adjustible drivers seat which is ace cause i'm a short arse!
i wanted a oldschool style recliners but for the price i'm happy with these, i felt myself & my passenger 'when i have them' need a small amount of comfort *tongue* it'll just have a grp or ally drivers bucket for the trackdays & 1/4mile fundays

any ideas how to mount these would be gr8, cheers

RogerM

2514 Posts
Member #: 1217
I like nice quiet girly Minis

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

Are they from a Metro or some other Rover?

If they are then it should be relatively straight forward.

Make up some parts that either bolt or weld to the runners which at the front go down to the standard crossmember mounting points and a big [] shaped loop at the back attaching to both runners and sitting on the floor. You can then drill through and fastern them down to a spreader plate (welded nuts help!!) under the floor or if you don't want to drill holes you can throw a leg forward off the [] which bolts through the where the normal loop for the seat clip would go. Just make sure you triangulate it or Mr MOT man will sulk! Iy you really want to push the boat out then you could run another leg down from the middle of the sliders to the seat belt mounting points and run slightly longer bolts for the seat belt mounting!

I have done this several times with MG Metro seats but unfortunately before the days of the digital camera!

I am using MG Metro seats as the basis for the interior on my girlfriends car I am about to start building. If you can wait I'd be happy to post pictures of the mounts. They will be one of the first things I will do as I have to wait for the trimmer to wrap them in cow and at mates rates it could be a long while!!

If they are Metro based I'd be happy to make you some mounts for the cost of material and a drink (cutting and welding makes me thirsty...LOL)

Every day is a school day ...........

How fast and how expensive ...... the same question...

On 27th of Sep, 2007 at 12:45pm Jimster said:

why do you you think I got a girlfriend with small hands?

AL

549 Posts
Member #: 1347
Post Whore

Croydon (South London)

Looks nice mate, exactly what im gonna go for. No frills, well maybe ear plugs *tongue* From the pics it looks like youve painted the tapers on the ball joints, thought they had to be nice clean metal idealy. Hopefully im wrong and they are masked up. Keep it up, coming along nicely. AL

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

Well i've partially sorted the bootlid mounts, welded the triangle on & prepped bits etc pics below

by the pic below, you can tell i have'nt done welding for a while, it was a bit suspect at 1st but got better, penetration of the weld was ok though!

primed

cleaned up & seam sealed

all fitted

the GRP bootlid numberplate paint basecoat *tongue*

front numberplate area masked out on the GRP bonnet

numberplate area painted in old english white

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

Well i've partially sorted the bootlid mounts, welded the triangle on & prepped bits etc pics below

by the pic below, you can tell i have'nt done welding for a while, it was a bit suspect at 1st but got better, penetration of the weld was ok though!

primed

cleaned up & seam sealed

all fitted

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

primed

cleaned up & seam sealed

all fitted

pot_dan

928 Posts
Member #: 326
Post Whore

bradford, west yorks

deja vous! hehe.
do love that pid of your car on the road mate, makes me miss my old red one, i think they look great. wish i could make progress as quickly as you seem to. keep it up:) are they k-series metro seats then? i have similar ones but i think from a lower model, and owuld like the leather:)

http://turbominis.co.uk/car/105/

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Just a comment that your number plate backings are supposed to be reflective by law, so you may struggle come MOT time if the tester is half awake and feels picky.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

:( Well i'm not a happy lil chap at the mo, my grp boot has a crack 10 mins after fitting it B$&)!$d!!!!!! paint is crap on the grp bonnet n boot, not even a close match so they are going to be red-oxide primer my favourite colour luckly :) my painted-on extra-light numberplates went up the swanny! the paint bled under the masking tape so i had to sand the bonnet 'n' boot again arrrrhhh, & its a bit too cold for my liking, bring on a lil bit of global warming!!!!

also fitted hard polyurathane engine steady mounts & it was a complete cock to get the steady-bar off! enough for me to chuck a ratchet & dent the galvanised garage door quite bad! & the ratchet broke! it was a cheapo ratchet though so not that fussed!

i noticed a knocking on the front pasenger side too! & my top ball joint was slopping around so built some spare hubs up with new bearings & ball-joints cleaned & painted them up, whilst walking round the car with tools in my hands i dropped my hammer on the tip of the outer CV & knackered the threads on it arrrrhhh!why does it go this way sometimes, then i noticed my steering rack boots were shot, they were originals to when the car was built though!!!!!

so i've basicly took the pot-joints, driveshfts & hubs off & replaced everything wear-able including bushes, gaiters, grease the lot, the only thing i have'nt done yet is fit my front hi-lo's & weld in some plates where the dash vents used to be,

pics to follow on friday or at the weekend, i bought a pot-joint separating tool too! & made a tool for getting the inner CV's of the shaft easier, going to check all the suspension over again, re-torqye all the nuts n bolts, weld in my roll-cage plates i made & then the 998 turbo engine build will be the nxt installment i think,

why does all this stuff need doing when its this bloody cold tho *surprised*P

Pot-Dan The seats are from a rover 220 coupe i think, i still need to make some mounts to get them in, they are the same as some i had in my old metro gti, really comfy,

i have a plastic school chair thats gonna be my lightweight seat for avon park haha! *surprised*D complete with harness holes & extra holes drilled in it to make it lighter *surprised*P cheers dan i think i'm slow at working on my mini, gonna pull some late nights on it from now though,

hopefully i'm making the components ready to handle the extra power & torque of the nxt engine, seems alot to do at the moment but i'm sticking with it! cleaning, degreasing & re-painting parts as i go! makes the car nicer to work on when the bits are clean i think, all in anti-stone chip paint apart from the subframes, engine & shell *surprised*D

tracking is all to cock & it is'nt running right so is'nt on the road & i want to drive it arrrrhhh

oh & have a single rust repair to the inner sill to do! & no other welding *surprised*P

Edited by clubminiflip on 3rd Jan, 2007.

RogerM

2514 Posts
Member #: 1217
I like nice quiet girly Minis

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

I feel your pain .... we have all had those sessions with a car.

Soon forgoten when driving it!!!!

Every day is a school day ...........

How fast and how expensive ...... the same question...

On 27th of Sep, 2007 at 12:45pm Jimster said:

why do you you think I got a girlfriend with small hands?

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

A few pics of what i've been up to on the mini, mods done & probs solved etc etc, as always they'll be more to come *surprised*P

Sumpguard i've had in the garage, i'm going to redo the welds to make t more sturdy, undecided about fitting, i may do for speedhump protection *happy*

Edited by clubminiflip on 7th Jan, 2007.

Nathanc17

2 Posts
Member #: 1354

Tadley, Hampshire

Wow Really Like the car looks amazing, old skool 998 looks really nice good work

'Get in Sit Down Hold On and Shut Up'

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

2:30 in the morning working on your mini aint good is it really haha *tongue*

i want a massive cuppa tea 2 & choccy digestives, maybe stretch my energy to a quick wash too!

she's (the mini) getting bk to one piece again though, i'm way too shattard to add any more pics 'n' comments etc at the moment, night/morn all *happy*

Attachments:

Edited by clubminiflip on 17th Jan, 2007.

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

The mini looking wicked, love the old skool retro look!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

clubminiflip

1840 Posts
Post Whore

nr coventry

woo hoo! i'm a happy chap again nearly, MY MINI PASSED HER MOT!!!! i'm havin a beer tonight haha *surprised*P i'll pop some pics of what i've been up to later tonight

Home > Show Us Yours! > my little daily driver, stripped out, to be a T2 turbo'd 998 60's/70's weekend-racer style!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: