Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Technical Chat > Estimated GT1752 Compressor Map

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

My best guess at what the GT1752 compresor map looks like.

Remember that it is an estimate and I urge caution in its use.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

robert

6744 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

thats well done axel , very interesting , lets hope its near the truth.
regards robert.

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

that would be nice, lets hope so. 12% efficiency increase over my T2 in most areas. that would see some extra power I should think

Cheers Axel

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

fab

1497 Posts
Member #: 100
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

Axel , which comp map did you use ?, some published "56" maps are wrong the 56mm 55 trim is in the 78% from 15lb to 20 lb at 2 pr,
though the 52 55trim should be earlier
fab

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Fab, I used the 2056, 56mm, 55 trim 0.53 A/R curve.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

sorry Axel, but def not same map as garrett one,it look more like the 2052 60 trim which I used to guess the 52mm 55 trim
check at turbobygarrett for the good gt2056 map
fab

robert

6744 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

the deafening sound of searches for turbo by garret echoes round the turbo mini consortium .LOL

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

robert

6744 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

there seems to be two maps for the same trim fab , whether its because theres two tip heights and so one map for each height ,
which i think most likely!

,,,or garret got the labelling wrong on this map in an earlier catalog !!,,
who knows !
i had stuck the other map on the 17 thread its fatter and lower .
regards robert

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

The two maps for the 2056, the current one on the TurboByGarrett website and the one above are very similar up to 150,000 rpm.

One then stops and the other goes on to 190,000rpm.

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

.. that's pure headacke
I'll stick on my guess , mainly because it compare sure datas, same a/r , same relation between wheel sizes,designs and tip height
56 wheel datas are in the flog
fab

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

EDIT: Moved to GT17.... thread

Edited by Paul S on 1st Mar, 2007.

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

found the correct 56mm wheel for this comp map.
tip height for this one is 3.4 mm

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

Hi Axel!
as you made a very good job with the "higher map"
and cause the 1752 have a 4.1 tip (so this make me think that it have a less taller and more larger map) can you "remap" from this map:
I think it could give the ballpark

cheers
Fabrice

AlexF2003

5795 Posts
Member #: 80
AFRacing LTD

Newbury, Berks

Same it doesnt like a PR of 3!!

Alex

AlexF

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

Well it certinally makes the goods at 2.1.

We just need to sort the boost threshold now.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 19th of Jul, 2007 at 08:17am fab said:
Hi Axel!
as you made a very good job with the "higher map"
and cause the 1752 have a 4.1 tip (so this make me think that it have a less taller and more larger map) can you "remap" from this map:
I think it could give the ballpark

cheers
Fabrice

This is my best guess based on the 92.8% scale ratio.

As I've said before, this is very similar to my earlier map up to 150,000 rpm and I think it is the same compressor.

Edited by Paul S on 19th Jul, 2007.

robert

6744 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

On 28th of Feb, 2007 at 08:41pm Axel said:
Fab, I used the 2056, 56mm, 55 trim 0.53 A/R curve.

this is happy at over 3 alexf , its the one we seems to feel is the right profile just scaled diff on flow

Edited by robert on 19th Jul, 2007.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

The only real difference is that map shows the compressor performance up to 190,000 rpm whereas the other one stops at 150,000. That does not mean that the turbo will not run faster than 150,000 and do the higher pressure ratio.

The output of a centrifugal device varies with the speed. For example, the best efficiency point will increase in flow proportional with the speed increase and the pressure ratio will increase proportional to the square of the speed increase. That is why the best efficiency line follows a square law curve.

Hence it is possible to calculate the higher speed/PR performance.

Edited by Paul S on 19th Jul, 2007.

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

????, is that becoming a french forum? *laughing*
please
take a minute and look at these map religiously, even if the secound have been shopped (if needed I still have the full version somewhere) these are NOT the same ( two different maps with different wheel numbers , and I saw the genuines garretts datasheets ) :
if you don't trust , just look at the cross between 78% and 2 pr, the first one cross at 17lb, the second at 15, and more at the low end of the 78 area the first one cross at about 1.65 pr and 16 lb, the secound at 1.5 pr and 12 lb, regarding what's I'm doing that make a big difference.
but all this is blabla

big thanks to have make the needed calcs
cheers
Fabrice

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

Axel when we are comparing these supposed squaled version of the same wheel, are the squaling is proportional (ie 92.8%) on both axis x (pressure) and y (flow) ?

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

Edited by the real sturgeo, axel shall be reposting what he said later on today.

Edited by sturgeo on 20th Jul, 2007.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Bugger, the problem with having two TM members in the same household is that you have to log out and log in etc else you post under each others name as above.

Double Bugger, I think that I may have got my X & Ys mixed on the latest map. i'll check in the morning.

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

so on the graph 2.0 pr line is now 2.3
( 2/ 0.8612) and 20 lb is now 21.58 ( 20/ 0.928)...
well that's enough headacke for today
cheers
fab

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 19th of Jul, 2007 at 10:21pm fab said:
so on the graph 2.0 pr line is now 2.3
( 2/ 0.8612) and 20 lb is now 21.58 ( 20/ 0.928)...
well that's enough headacke for today
cheers
fab

Apolgies fab but I got it wrong yesterday.

factor the flow by 0.928

factor the PR by 0.861

I've changed the map in the above post and here it is again.

Edited by Paul S on 20th Jul, 2007.

fab

1497 Posts
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

Hi Axel
thanks for that new map.
but I'm confused now,
you wrote

On 26th of Feb, 2007 at 04:00pm Axel said:
If they are geometrically identical, then you can predict the performance of the GT1752 from the GT2056 map.

The scale ratio is 52/56 = 0.928 or 92.8%

The pressure ratio will therefore vary directly with the scale ratio. Hence a pressure ratio of 2 becomes 1.84.

The air flow will vary with the square of the scale ratio - 0.862 - 86.2%. Hence an air flow of 20 lb/min becomes 17.2

does the square of squale is on the pressure or flow side,
even if it doesn't matter that much ,one or other ( I tried both), if the prediction is ok (squaled 56mm wheel) this compressor seem to flow "anything" from 80 to 220 bhp and 4 to 20 psi

Home > Technical Chat > Estimated GT1752 Compressor Map
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: