Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Eaton M24 Supercharger

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Has anyone ever seen a compressor map for an Eaton M24 Supercharger?

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

24???
do you mean 42?

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

No I mean M24.

Apparently Ford Brazil used them on a supercharged 1.0 Fiesta and I think they may be used on the Twincharger Golfs.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

minimole

60 Posts
Member #: 691
Advanced Member

Axel i think you are right they where used on the golfs. I think i remember seeing the compressor map on the eaton website. I was going to ask suitability of the m24 last night actually but i decided to try and do some research first.

mini23

194 Posts
Member #: 1296
Advanced Member

Milford Haven Pembrokeshire

I've seen an m24 up for sale at the moment.
A small unit as well, must be an intresting unit for those looking to charge a 1000cc!

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 18th of Sep, 2007 at 05:24pm mini23 said:
I've seen an m24 up for sale at the moment.
A small unit as well, must be an intresting unit for those looking to charge a 1000cc!

Xactly!

minimole

60 Posts
Member #: 691
Advanced Member

From what i have managed to find on this supercharger it is designed to be used on engine between 800 - 1000 cc but i havent found much else other than that

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

The only info I have is as follows:

Swept volume - 24 cu ins, 400 cc
Max speed - 15000 rpm

So at a 2:1 drive ratio it will provide around 9psi of boost on a 998.

Good for 100hp with a decent intercooler.

Now just need to convince Sturgeo that he needs one on his car. He can then pay for the one I've just bought on ebay!

mymedusa

7 Posts
Member #: 7447

3 years later but maybe it helps

Kompressor:

Modell: EATON M24 Supercharger

weight: 4,8 kg

cc per revolution: 0,390 Liter

max. pressure ratio: 2,0 Bar

Max. RPM 17.000 (18.000)

pumps at highest rpm at 1,8 Bar so about 13psi: 380 m³ / h

Edited by mymedusa on 8th Nov, 2010.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Thanks.

Unfortuntaley gave up on that project.

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

Interesting though Paul. for 110 bhp you're off the top of the map (2.1 PR 300m^3/hr

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Yes, superchargers really are crap at anything more than 5-10psi boost.

I can't understand why anyone would want to use one, but then not a lot of people understand the map.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

That's a bit of a generalisation Paul. Might be farer to say Eaten M24s and M45s are not very efficient in our application.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Wow, a minute and a half to get a reaction. glad to see you guys are awake *happy*

The M24 is for sale if anyone wants to prove me wrong.

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Am I right in thinking that you were going to have a go at a twin charger setup with this charger at some point Paul?

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

wil_h

9258 Posts
Post Whore

Totally agree paul, also look at the kW required to drive it, that's all power gone from the engine.

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

*hehe!*

Personally I don't rate the eaten chargers, but that's only based on my readings and other peoples experiences - nothing personal to back this up.

If I ever finish my car, I plan to try and make an efficient blow through supercharged 'a series' engine. There has to be a descent charger out there somewhere...

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 9th Nov, 2010 John said:
Am I right in thinking that you were going to have a go at a twin charger setup with this charger at some point Paul?

No, that was with a M45 and a GT17 in series, both running a 1.6 ish pressure ratio and both running at max efficiency. I came to my senses when I realised that a single turbo would do a better job.

The problem is not limited to Eaton blowers, it a function of the roots blower design that most use.

Swiss Dave

4 Posts
Member #: 9055

Thanks for that efficiency map. I couldn't find one anywhere. I have one from a Golf tsi which was to be used on a Reliant 850, now an imp 875 which driven at 1.98 x engine speeds looks like it will be quite efficient (for an eaton!)

eaton_mini

238 Posts
Member #: 1649

West Sussex - dreaming of forced induction!

Anyone fancy explaining that map up there for someone that has absolutely no idea what hes looking at???

wil_h

9258 Posts
Post Whore

This makes good reading http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...bo_tech103.html

that map contains lots of info, but the most intersting is the green squiggly lines. these are the efficiency curves (the higher the efficiency the less heat is put into the charge).

Y axis is boost (in pressure ratio) x axis is flow.

From the link above you can calculate what flow rate and boost you need to make your desired power. then plot this onto the map to see what efficiency the compressor will be running.

The other lines show power consumption and rotor speed.

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

Swiss Dave

4 Posts
Member #: 9055

I've also found this which may be of use?

Attachments:

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Eaton M24 Supercharger
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: