Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > K100 Small Bore - To Turbocharge or not?

ettore bugatti

25 Posts
Member #: 2002

The Netherlands

I have the BMW K100 pistons in my shed. I will measure them and take photos, but dont hold your breath.

scooperman

85 Posts
Member #: 2234
Advanced Member

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

I have a K100 short block in the pile, I will pull rods and pistons this weekend. Don't think I have any 998 rods lying about, it might be a while before I can try a rod mod.

scooperman

85 Posts
Advanced Member

well that was weird, the post double barfed, looks like I posted twice. No "delete" button. I will edit this second post to see what happens this time.

I wasted some desk time trying to find more specs for the K100 pistons, not much found. Some web lore has other manufacturers, I have seen mention of Kolbenshmidt. I didn't find anything on piston-maker websites like JE or Wiseco.

Edited by scooperman on 30th Jan, 2008.

scooperman

85 Posts
Advanced Member

I measured a K100 piston, yes the pin diameter is 18mm and compression height is just under 33 mm.

scooperman

85 Posts
Advanced Member

hate these double posts so I decided to edit this one. In case nobody else has found it, the web site describing Gregg Temkin's 850 can be found at
http://www.lojomo.com/
Some interesting stuff there.

Edited by scooperman on 7th Apr, 2008.

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

What happens if you +80 over bore it and pocket the block like if you did the 1275 head on a 998 block would that work? this is the convertion i'm thinking of doing. but this amount of machining is putting me off a little bit.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

If you're concerned about machining, click the banner at the top. Problem solved!

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

I went as far as buying an 8v K100 head, then after looking at the bodging that was required, sold it and bought an SC 7-port.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

minimole23

4301 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

On 20th Jan, 2012 wil_h said:
I went as far as buying an 8v K100 head, then after looking at the bodging that was required, sold it and bought an SC 7-port.

I always wondered why you went 7 port rathen then k100 - that explains it then!

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

I scrapped this project when i worked out how I could do a better job with a 5 Port.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Home > 998cc > K100 Small Bore - To Turbocharge or not?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: