Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > For Sale > Sheldonhurst 427 - Rover V8 - Built in 1985 - Re-built in 2007 - MOT+Tax

AlexB
Site Admin

6263 Posts
Member #: 1
The boring bloke who runs this place.

Berkshire

My daughter is due any day now, and I don't have the time to spend on a cobra any more. A real shame as it really is a beautiful car.

The car is a mid 80's Sheldonhurst 427. The kit was originally built in the mid-late 80's. The donor car was a Mk1 Granada. The cobra has a private plate, and is correctly registered with the DVLA as a cobra. The Private plate is XSL 427A - just in case you didn't get the 427 badges on the side!

The car was used until a few years ago, when the chap I bought it from decided to rebuild it. The work took him about 3 years to do, and I bought the car off him just as he was finishing it. The body was resprayed, the chassis was repainted, and most other bits were replaced. The engine was swapped out for a freshly built Rover V8, and the gearbox was replaced with a refurbished item. The rear diff was also refurbished at the same time, and if you look carefully at the pictures, you'll see it is still bright red with silver bolts! The body has a few stone chips now and knocks from working on it in a small garage, but as you can see from the pictures it is still in beautiful condition.

The car has MOT for about 9 months, and 3 months tax.

Work that was done during the rebuild:

- Respray (body and chassis)
- New (refurbished) Rover V8 Engine
- New gearbox
- Rear diff refurb
- Full retrim on the interior
- New dials and clocks all round
- New steering wheel
- Alloy refurb
- New tyres
- New fuel tank
- New Battery
- New fuel lines
- New brake lines
- New brakes on the front
- New shoes on the rear drums
- New wiring loom
- Literally 90% of the bolts were replaced.
- New cockpit rain cover

The car sounds almighty as all of these cars should, and runs great after spending some time with a local mechanic setting up the carbs. It's certainly quick enough too even though it doesn't have Chevy power. The light weight nature of the car really makes it good fun to throw about.

In addition to the 'usual' cobra kit features, this car has had some extra work. The previous owner wanted his wife to be able to drive it, so fitted Power steering (although not very powerful, just enough to make it a bit less of a pain to park) and a servo for the clutch, which is now very very light. These refinements make the car that bit more usable and wife-friendly.

There are a few little jobs that need doing - although the car is totally usable.

- Handbrake and Gear gaiters (currently has none)
- Fuel sensor fitting (comes with a spare)
- Rear suspension (works fine, but sometimes the rear tyres scrub inside the arches)
- Speedo Sensor is a bit iffy - needs a better bracket to mount it on. Never bothers me really as my other car's speedo doesn’t work either, so I'm used to it!

Apart from that, the car is really nice. It's going to be a real shame to sell it, as every time you drive it you get loads of looks and kids shout 'nice car mate!'. With only a weekend's work you could make it into a real beauty of a car.

I've got a few spares which will go with the car, a couple of spare RV8 heads, a spare water pump, etc. Unfortunately, I do not have much history with the car; the previous owner was one of those throw-it-away types. I have the important stuff (V5, MOT, etc), as well as a few other receipts for the carb rebuild and such like.

All in all you could do a lot worse than this cobra.

£13500 ono. I need to sell it quickly, so feel free to email me for a chat.

07853 124470

info@altrezia.com

Based in Hampshire.

AlexB
Site Admin

6263 Posts
Member #: 1
The boring bloke who runs this place.

Berkshire

Now on ebay with a super low starting price - It needs to go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=300249252323

Home > For Sale > Sheldonhurst 427 - Rover V8 - Built in 1985 - Re-built in 2007 - MOT+Tax
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: