Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > MS Trials & Testing > Plenum design

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

As I'll be using the standard Metro T3 turbo I've dropped a spare engine in the shell along with an old head and a T3 setup.

In true "Blue Peter" style I've mocked up how I intend to build the plenum, runners, injectors and throttle body.

The volume comes out at ~2400cc which is a bit over the X1.5 rule (the proper engine is 1360) but that's partly because I can't get the throttle body as close to the "box" as I would like because of the height of the ICV.

Thoughts ??? I've ordered a whole load of aluminium sections and checked my argon bottle is nearly full.....

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

looks good,

only thing id say is its a shame you can't get a straighter shot into the head due to the exh manifold.

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

what about placing the plenum slightly futher back, having it lower as well? or does that foul the compressed air outlet? i cant gauge it in the picture

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

looking good, something i might look into in the future always fancied injected A series turbo

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Thanks for the comments.

I can get a slighty better angle for the injectors when I make the real one by putting the real mounting bosses closer to the head but I can only lean them back so far before it becomes impossible to fit the fuel rail connection.
I also thought about bringing them in from the side but would that then favour one cylinder? Last thing I want with everything that is known about the siamese problem, is to throw another random variable in !!!

At the moment it is a compromise as to how high/how far back. Currently determined, as you say, by the compressor outlet - at the moment I've just reversed the standard one, I could make my own and get a bit lower but then the plenum starts getting too close to the exhaust manifold and turbine and I want to minimise heat transfer.
As for going further back, with a custom compressor outlet, yes (and I could further improve injector angle) but I'm sure I've read somewhere that the runner length (plenum to inlet valve) needs to be as short as possible.

Rod.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Home > MS Trials & Testing > Plenum design
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: