Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Never accept a lift from Robert.....

Ben.

628 Posts
Member #: 1064
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

I got a couple of videos, I know Nic's cars in them, not sure about anyone elses.

(richminiturbo giving the cheerer's a piece of his mind, haha)

Was a good day, has given me loads of motivation to get mine done! Gonna finish spraying the interior today!

Build Thread Click Here

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

Unfortunately Hywel made it to old sodbury and then had to wait for the rac to come and save him.

I made it back way before him which is quite annoying, however on the plus side a new engine is being built for it at the moment, so hopefully it will be back for next year with less smoke and more power

Im off to the garage to adjust my suspension settings..

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Member #: 719
Post Whore

Horndean - Near Portsmouth

Argh that sucks :(

Was suprised when you said he'd already been through 4 engines this year!!!

And I dont get it when people clap and cheer when they see a car being completely smashed in, especially when the driver of it has just been wheeled off in an ambulance.

Was a bunch of older guys doing all the jeering, would have thought theyd be abit more sympathetic, like they would be if they or someone they new has just crashed their car *angry*

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

bad taste! i was right there when it happened and one of the guys that jumped over to help was calling for a fire extinguisher.

i heard that he was in hospital unconcious from someone that knows him on another forum. hope he's alright!

nick1275

250 Posts
Member #: 1615

Ferndown, Dorset

On 28th Sep, 2008 James_H said:

On 28th Sep, 2008 nick1275 said:
nice pics rich mines the oew 1275gt

congrats mate its bloody gorgeous!!!

cheers mate!

On 1st Mar, 2009 MikeRace said:
Hmmm weberyyy

On 21st Apr, 2009 madcatminis said:
I hope she's got knickers on or you'll have a funny runny mark on your bonnet. Quite like what a snail leaves behind.

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

it made me laugh so much after reading that, i was getting my car ready to go on track when i saw nic dissapear and ian and robert's cars leave very shortly after that! sounds like an experiance!

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

what a great write-up.. I must admit when I was on track, nic was very polite in overtaking.

Edited by gr4h4m on 28th Sep, 2008.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

MarkGTT

3249 Posts
Member #: 1194
Post Whore

Shropshire.

That black clubman is mint! love it!!!

Sam

1391 Posts
Member #: 1686
Post Whore

Oxford

that vid of the bini on the trailer, people clapping and laughing when it came back in.

what wankers, i hate people like that.

On 19th Feb, 2011 Miniwilliams said:
OMG Robert that's a big one

nick1275

250 Posts
Member #: 1615

Ferndown, Dorset

anyone know what happened to the bini? i just saw it get taken off the trailer in the paddock with the arse end damaged and then a blue clubby with a stoved front, i can only asume they had a prang?

On 1st Mar, 2009 MikeRace said:
Hmmm weberyyy

On 21st Apr, 2009 madcatminis said:
I hope she's got knickers on or you'll have a funny runny mark on your bonnet. Quite like what a snail leaves behind.

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

out of folly it hit an oil patch left by another car that had a problem on the track. spun around backwards and hit the armco reasonably hard.

there was a call for a fire extinquisher and the driver was taken to hospital unfortunately.

didnt see the blue clubby though!

Jordan

1913 Posts
Member #: 1392
Pointless Post Whore

Liverpool, North west

Are you still shaken up then Nic? Id claim. Insomnia at nights due to traumatic stress.

Naughty Robert. *tongue* I thought you like being shook up by Robert, Nic?

Back once again like a renegade master

Nic

9311 Posts

Herefordshire

Ive nearly recovered now.

Inspired by roberts driving I went and added 2 deg of camber to my back wheels

It feels much better round the corners now i can tell you

Scruffy

1451 Posts
Member #: 328
Post Whore

Seaford Rise, South Australia

On 28th Sep, 2008 Sam said:
that vid of the bini on the trailer, people clapping and laughing when it came back in.

Which vid was that?

I doubt very much anyone would be unconcious from that impact not much damage really from going into a barrier

On 5th Sep, 2011 Vegard said:
I stand corrected. You should know *wink*

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

On 28th Sep, 2008 Nic said:
Ive nearly recovered now.

Inspired by roberts driving I went and added 2 deg of camber to my back wheels

It feels much better round the corners now i can tell you

So whats the verdict, 1/4 mile or circuit racing?:)

Anton

1050 Posts
Member #: 764
Post Whore

Staffordshire

On 29th Sep, 2008 Scruffy said:

On 28th Sep, 2008 Sam said:

Which vid was that?

I doubt very much anyone would be unconcious from that impact not much damage really from going into a barrier

I was right next to where the bini came to a halt... passenger got out fine, but the driver was out cold, and still was when the recovery crews arrived to block the view..

Was surprised me off with it tho, was the fact that it took so long for the marshals to arrive. There was manned post at the end of the pits with the next post was on avon rise!

There were quite a few people about going "whoo another fake mini down" etc etc.. as you say.. fucking wankers

Mr Joshua

2484 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

you crack me up! why do we turn into monsters when behind the wheel of our beloved mini's, Love you all others must die complex. lol.

Own the day

jonnyd64

86 Posts
Member #: 631
Advanced Member

Thames valley

Robert you nutter.....8-)you didnt warn him at all did you .....Im still laughing after reading the post.

Nic .....what can i say ....you have made me laugh so much , with your report on your adventure with robert on the track .
He certainly makes you wanna live.... and you soon realise you can hold on with a lot more of your body parts ......and also kissing the ground is not so wierd .......

Nic you have offically crossed to the ....Dark side , your in roberts world now ....theres no way back ..Being scared , with the good stuff pumping through your vains , uncontrollable laughter for no apparent reason ......

Ha ha your there now......

I know , i know im sorry , it just makes me grin !!!

Intercooled 1293 cc Turbo +
March 06,4psi and counting .
Its now gone up to 8psi.
Nov 06,10psi +.
And now part of the Airbourne club.

Nic

9311 Posts

Herefordshire

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

*hehe!* OH ...YESSS

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Monster22

428 Posts
Member #: 39

Bristol

Nice Pictures..

The Black Clubman with the Vauxhall lump is owned by a chap call Paul, he built it completely from scratch. The shell came from my wifes uncle, after sitting in his garage from 10+ years. impressive work :)

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Post Whore

On 29th Sep, 2008 Monster22 said:
Nice Pictures..

The Black Clubman with the Vauxhall lump is owned by a chap call Paul, he built it completely from scratch. The shell came from my wifes uncle, after sitting in his garage from 10+ years. impressive work :)

It sure is impressive, i can safely say its one of the nicest mini's ive ever seen!!

Worthy of a feature in mini mag methinks, i'm sure Matt could do it even more justice with some cool pics8-)

Edited by richminiturbo. on 29th Sep, 2008.

Monster22

428 Posts
Member #: 39

Bristol

Cheers Rich next time I see him i'll let him know. Mike could not believe what Paul had done to the car.

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

Im yet to experience Roberts manic driving...sounds like it could be a good laugh! *hehe!*

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

dan_up

380 Posts
Member #: 1835

Thame, oxfordshire

i nearly soiled myself going round in Ian's car, but according too Robert, there was alot of screaming and windscreen wiper action going on in his car........poor poor nic, wonder if he'll drive again? lol

On 23rd Aug, 2010 Nic said:
Turbophil had a butt plug made that seemed to be suitable. He may have finished with it now and have it kicking around spare

Home > General Chat > Never accept a lift from Robert.....
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: