Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > My Turbo Engine Plans......what do you think?

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

wrong wrong and wrong

yes fit them, they are essential!

primarily for the noise,
secondly because its fun having people tell you 'your engine sounds knackered' when ticking over

and lastly because theyre supposedly more reliable in torquey engines for some of the reasons mentioned above (less side loadings to eat thrust washers and destroy bearings/houses)

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

dan_up

380 Posts
Member #: 1835

Thame, oxfordshire

50% of the reason im fitting them is the noise!! haha

On 23rd Aug, 2010 Nic said:
Turbophil had a butt plug made that seemed to be suitable. He may have finished with it now and have it kicking around spare

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

On 7th Oct, 2008 joeybaby83 said:
yes fit them, they are essential!

primarily for the noise,
secondly because its fun having people tell you 'your engine sounds knackered' when ticking over

PMSL thats soo true! Do you need another reason apart from the noise they make? Lol

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

dan_up

380 Posts

Thame, oxfordshire

bit of thread excavation!! saves starting another one......anyway...
Ive been doing some research and surfing of the interweb to try and figure out what my compression ratio will be for my future turbo project, if any of you knowledgeable chaps can correct where im wrong, this is what ive got so far.

Before i start, the ring land volume and deck volume are from a previous yet close setup i found on the internet so its obviously not going to be spot on but im hoping close.

Swept Vol, 1293/4 = 323.25cc
Piston dish vol = 10cc
Deck vol = 0.5cc
Ring Land Vol = 0.90 (based on 21253 + 0.020" pistons)
Gasket Vol (BK450) = 3.2cc
Head Chamber Vol = 28cc

added all together it comes to
divided by
=
8.58 CR

now if that is close is it going to be low enough for my T2, unsure of what boost they can handle reliably (im sure these are basic questions i know)

If anyone can let me know if my calculations are nearly right i'd appreciate it.
thanks all
dan

Turbophil had a butt plug made that seemed to be suitable. He may have finished with it now and have it kicking around spare

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

On 7th Oct, 2008 dan_up said:

On 7th Oct, 2008 matty said:
Bunch of amateurs...everyone has forgotten to mention the single most important thing for a powerful A series....

To paint it Green! *hehe!* *wink*
nah it looks crap! *hehe!* *happy*

So, you're going for gay red?

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

you seem to be in the right area from a quick look at it.

8.5 will be fine, but it depends on how much boost you are running? i wouldnt go much lower, but if you are only running say 12psi then i would raise it abit personally. although, we all know you will wind it up at some point!!!

a well set-up closely monitored engine at 8.5:1CR should handle some very promising boost.

dan_up

380 Posts

Thame, oxfordshire

On 9th Feb, 2009 Vegard said:

On 7th Oct, 2008 dan_up said:

On 7th Oct, 2008 matty said:
Bunch of amateurs...everyone has forgotten to mention the single most important thing for a powerful A series....

To paint it Green! *hehe!* *wink*
nah it looks crap! *hehe!* *happy*

So, you're going for gay red?
nope, im going for pink with a brown gearbox......*indifferent**surprised*

dan_up

380 Posts

Thame, oxfordshire

On 9th Feb, 2009 James_H said:
you seem to be in the right area from a quick look at it.

8.5 will be fine, but it depends on how much boost you are running? i wouldnt go much lower, but if you are only running say 12psi then i would raise it abit personally. although, we all know you will wind it up at some point!!!

a well set-up closely monitored engine at 8.5:1CR should handle some very promising boost.
cheers james, do you think it will be a bit sluggish with a T2 and 8.5:1 CR then? i thought 12psi was quite alot? im going to go find some figures for the T2! lol.
thanks again.

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

im unsure of what CR and boost nic runs but he would be your best man to ask i would have thought! first hand experience and all that!

dan_up

380 Posts

Thame, oxfordshire

yeah i'll have a word with him, im always pestering nic with questions anyway!! first job though is to find someone to machine my block! *wink*

Home > General Chat > My Turbo Engine Plans......what do you think?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: