Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Beginners Tech > Turbo Plumbing, actuator, pipe work, dump valve, bleed valve

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

If you don't have a megajolt or squirt, don't install that t piece and line. just terminate at the boost gauge

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

If you run the MJ signal off the manifold similar to the boost gauge etc you'll see a lot of vacume at idle and the amount of ignition advance will be too high. You really want to see atmospheric at idle so you get a sensible amount of advance but when the throttle is off the stop you want the MJ to see proper vac from the manifold. So in short use the stock connection on the carb used for vac advance on the dizzy, works a treat.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

Ben H

3329 Posts
Member #: 184

Melton Mowbray, Pie Country

Why does it matter what you see? You set the map to what advance you want at what MAP and RPM. The standard vac take off is after the butterfly so should be the same as manifold anyway I would have thought.

http://www.twin-turbo.co.uk
http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/default.asp

A man without a project is like a like a woman without a shopping list.

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

The stock vac take off is jusssst on the carb side of the throttle, when you touch the throttle the butterfly moves past it and puts it on the manifold side where it sees full manifold vac. On over-run I admit your pulling more vac than at idle but the vac on part throttle is similar to idle, you want say 20+ degrees advance on part throttle but at idle it's a little high. Just flagging this up, not the most relevent thread to do it on but I have noticed this wen shifting MJ, boost gauge, dump valve connections around.

naeJ
m

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

Actually, just reading through my post your right, I forgot about the fact the MJ has RPM input which will obviously be lower at idle than part throttle, a dizzy needs to not see the vac at idle as it doesn't know the RPM! Silly me! Still I think it helped me as my idle is still a little high (plus when using the choke etc) so I was getting a lot of advance.

Edited by Jay#2 on 2nd Apr, 2010.

naeJ
m

sparkle

21 Posts
Member #: 5544

sorry, didn't explain myself very well did i. im just running the basic set up with carb not throttle bodies so can i T into the line from plenum to regulator or does it need to come from the manifold? in which case i'll have to make a take off. thanx for your help.

stu\'turbo\'thomas

41 Posts
Member #: 7902

bridgend, south wales

this is grate cleared alot of things up..

maccamcvey

847 Posts
Member #: 6673
Post Whore

Worral Sheffield

just to clarify, i have a bleed valve with 3 stalks, i am assuming one in from the actuator and one out to the turbo and the third one it to the atmosphere?

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

yep!!

123lewis321

7 Posts
Member #: 9545

hi ben h ive got it all piped like the top pic .but still cant get boost actuator wont move . at high rev,s engine cuts out .also im using a standard 44 carb with a turbo seal kit and needle

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Are you trying to make boost by revving the engine when stood still?
If so you won't!

Also do you have a signal to your FPR so that the fuel pressure rises with boost?

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

Home > Beginners Tech > Turbo Plumbing, actuator, pipe work, dump valve, bleed valve
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: