Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Good Garages & Parts Suppliers > plastics4performance (lexan windows)

cossierick

3074 Posts
Member #: 1348
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

http://www.plastics4performance.co.uk/

Went to collect these on sat and im very happy with them.

Did exactly what and how i wanted them, wernt the cheapest tbh but saves a lot of messing around and has a special anti scratch coating on.

Rick

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

Big thumbs up for these guys. Helpful, and quick.
My choice for the future for all window-stuff.

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

and mine!!

Top chaps! (is it paul?)

johnK

1425 Posts
Member #: 690
Post Whore

Norfolk

thumbs up from me also - top stuff

If Carling made Mini engines
it would probably be like this one!

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

has he still got that mk1 resto project sat in the corner?

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

Vegard

7763 Posts

Norway

Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

stefaz

1252 Posts
Member #: 1656
Post Whore

stoke-on-trent

I didnt realise it was as much as 5kg a side...I might just have to get me some of these as well as a FG roof

Thank you Vegard for posting those pictures. Do they have any anti-scratch style coating on them?

On 23rd Oct, 2009 sim_ou_nao said:

eu gosto de mamas = i like boobs

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Member #: 375
Post Whore

Leicestershire

I got mine from here as well. Top service! they sent me the wrong size rear quarters but they sorted it out with no questions asked!

Vegard

7763 Posts

Norway

On 29th Aug, 2009 joeybaby83 said:
has he still got that mk1 resto project sat in the corner?

Mk3??

http://www.atfreeforum.com/mk1mark/viewtop...&mforum=mk1mark

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

I've done a search, but can't seem to find the answer to my questions.

Looking at a set of these windows in 4mm, for obvious reasons, but want to retain windy windows. How badly do the standard (none hardened) ones scratch? How many people are using them with wind up windows successfully? From my search I saw Sprocket and Nic mentioning them. Is it worth buying the formed rear window instead of the flat one?

Will be looking at using W&P electric window conversion kit to help with door weight too. They will be going in a fast (ish) road car.

Thanks

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Vegard

7763 Posts

Norway

You'll need to have the moulded rear screen if it's 5mm thick (as mine) On 3mm there's no need, on 4mm it's prefereable for an easy install.

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

I had a 4mm rear screen that hasnt been formed and it went in really easy if thats any help.

Si P

784 Posts
Member #: 912
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

Yep. Top Guys

Mine came from them to. *Yes*

Vegard: May I ask what steering wheel and boss your using? and is of the removable type?

Si

Edited by Si P on 15th Sep, 2009.

I drill holes in everything..!

Vegard

7763 Posts

Norway

It's a regular boss from Minispares first, then a removeable thingy, and then a steering wheel with 60mm dish. I could get away with a flat one. However, my feet are almost fully extended when sitting in the seat. The back of the bottom of the seat is 2cm above the floor.

Yours truly:

http://www.historisk-racing.no/?ItemID=1339

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Car looks great V.

Has anybody any thoughts/experience on the wind up windows??

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

jamesfawcett

3341 Posts
Member #: 218
Post Whore

Bingley, West Yorkshire

Edited by jamesfawcett on 22nd Nov, 2010.

Previous Engine: 1040cc Morespeed engine, 1275 turbo head T2 Turbo Mirage Manifolds Megajolt
Previous engine: STD metro turbo, megajolt
Drives: 399bananahp (flywheel) Honda Civic Vtec b18c4 T28 Turbo 1968 Mini

Megajolt maps to download: http://www.jamesfawcett.co.uk/cms/index.ph...&gid=3&Itemid=3

apbellamy

16540 Posts

On 15th Sep, 2009 Star Mag said:
I had a 4mm rear screen that hasnt been formed and it went in really easy if thats any help.

Just spent an hour and a half trying to get mine in with no success. Any tips? I've been trying with a bit of chord in the outer grove, sit it on the bottom lip and then work round pulling the chord out slowly and it just won't go. The seal just pops out. It's almost like the screen is too big - it's not though as there is plenty of clearance if I put it in the hole without the seal...

*hehe!*

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

I've not had the screen out for a while but I think we fitted the screen intothe rubber seal. Then I takes two but place the seal/screen in the bottom lip of the car, from the inside pull the seal over lip working up both sides and then finally the top. Usually used a blunt object or a screwdriver being carefull not too damage the paint. The person outside can apply pressure to help with getting the seal in place. Hope that makes sense!

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

i find it best if you can get both lower corners in first and then work your way up each side with a tiny screw driver

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

I found with plastic windows it is easier to put the seal in the shell first. Then place the bottom edge of the screen in the seal and then flex the seal along one vertical edge by until you reach the end of the top corner, then do the opposite vertical edge.

You shouldn't need any rope, but a second pair of hands makes it alot easier.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

Brett

9502 Posts
Post Whore

andy if you still need a hand by friday ill pop down and help,

Instagram @jdm_brett

apbellamy

16540 Posts

I've tried both methods, got most of the way round and given up as it was coming back out in other places. Wifey has being trying to help, but she is heavily pregnant and unwell so could only do so much...

If you could Brett, that would be fantastic. Will do more wiring tomorrow to keep me sane...

*hehe!*

Brett

9502 Posts
Post Whore

you off all day? i fancy abit of a ride out in the mini :)

Edited by Brett on 22nd Aug, 2012.

Instagram @jdm_brett

t@z

2054 Posts
Member #: 452
Post Whore

Chester, UK

i did mine the other day mine was 4mm and i too had the same issue as it kept bending the seal and popping out.

i start bottom right as you look at the car from the rear with the bottom of the screen resting in the seal as best i could. i then went up to the top right corner along the top. i found that once i got 3/4 alone the top the curving of the shell meant the rubber seal flexed and popped off the bit it locks on to. so i then left the top 3/4 done and started on the bottom then when i got to the bottom about the same i got the bottom left corner in slowly and then up and as i got closer to the top left from the bottom i did the top as well watching the rubber seal for any flexing.

its a slow processes mine to a while of trial and error. some silicone and a small screw driver help.

hope that helps you andy a bit.

www.twitter.com/lilpinkiy

minimole23

4301 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Plastic windows are a bastard but you get there eventually, though I must say I was close to having a major sense of humor failure when it popped out for the 3rd time!

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Home > Good Garages & Parts Suppliers > plastics4performance (lexan windows)
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: