Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Andy's build thread - 1275GTS

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Water/ meth injection is amaaaaaazzzzing!!!.................

Do it Andy!!

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Oh, but you really should get rid of that foam filter!

So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On 11th Apr, 2015 apbellamy said:
The camera adds the shine to the engine bay. The whole car needs a good clean and polish... Rick...

The baulk ring came out of a box from a metro that me and John broke about 5 years ago. The car had been sat for at least 10 years. Believe they were new when the box was built.

I think all baulk rings are new when built lol, not so much when rebuilt *hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

W.I. is all there but some plumbing/wiring. I take it you had a fun day with Graham *wink*

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

cossierick

3074 Posts
Member #: 1348
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

*happy**happy*

Im sure we can make it shiney again after a few years of dust and grime from being sat lol

cossierick

3074 Posts
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

Edited by cossierick on 11th Apr, 2015.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

On 11th Apr, 2015 cossierick said:
*happy**happy*

Im sure we can make it shiney again after a few years of dust and grime from being sat lol

And touch up a couple of bits *wink*

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

nice one Andy!

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Wow. It looks I've basically been ignoring the car for 10 months...

When I dropped the engine back in, I decided that I wanted to replace the bottom hose as the heater stub was rubbing on the belts a little. I eventually found somebody who could make a silicone hose without the stub. 12 weeks of excuses later a really poor quality hose arrived that looked like two 90 degree bends stuck together. To add insult to injury, it didn't clear. The teddy was duly thrown out of the cot and the car put in a corner and forgotten about. At that point, life got in the way and I decided I had had enough of shitty small cars and sold pretty much everything mini related bar this. Some might say I had a bit of a Reality Check.

Skip forward to late 2015 and thought I'd try and do a bit on it, so bought another hose. Couldn't be arsed to fit it. A few of us went for a curry just before Christmas. Tom offered to drive and showed up in one of his 205s. This gave me a bit of enthusiasm to try and get it back on the road, so since then I've been doing bits as time allows.

First job was the hoses.

The passenger seat frame was next on the list. It flexed a lot on the road, so you didn't feel very secure in the seat. No wonder really as it was made out of flat bar.

So I've gathered up what ever was throwing round and hacked a new one together.

It still needs a little more grinding and some paint, but it's very sturdy and not a lot heavier so should sort the problem out.

The general plan is to get it MOT'd probably in February and see what time and money I have to get the last jobs sorted out. THat siad, it's looking like we are going to be having another kid in the reasonably near future, so I doubt I'll have either of those...

*hehe!*

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Least ya didnt go full hog selling everything in a huff and you still have the mini atleast! It still looks nice from what i can see... anything you regret selling??

Just dont sell it.. atleast you can have a lil break from family life every now n again to make or mod something

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

apbellamy

16540 Posts

I had another project car and a load of parts for it, so sold all that lot.

I've decided to give it a go for a while before I decide on whether to sell it or not. I'm fancying something with 4 proper seats and v8/v12...

*hehe!*

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

'Looks like you'll be having another kid in the near future.....'

What does that mean, your missus is up the duff or she's letting you have a go again?

Either way congratulations!

Get it on the road and bring it to Blyton for the MK1 performance day, it's splendid fun.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

I'm going on the sat it would be good to see it.

apbellamy

16540 Posts

She's not knocked up. We have issues in that department. We were approved to adopt just before Christmas, so it's wait and see where that takes us. That's the main reason why nothing happened for so long.

Blyton Linc's? When is it?

*hehe!*

wil_h

9258 Posts
Post Whore

Good luck with it all, My Sis has adopted two kids over the last couple of years for similar reasons.

Blyton is 30th April and 1st May

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Should be doable. 4 months to bolt a seat in and put some coolant in shouldn't be that much if a challenge.

*hehe!*

cossierick

3074 Posts
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

Wil , can anyone tag along to the mk1 day ??

ps, nice work andy keep the motivation up

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

On track needs to be a classic mini. Free to spectate but there is a donation on the gate for the charity of choice looking at the website.

wil_h

9258 Posts
Post Whore

There is no restriction on the age of the car on track, it just has to be a mini or mini based kit car (or even a Metro).

As for coming along, just turn up.

I'll hopefully be there in the Nimbus.

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Andy, whatever happens you must keep that Mini. You know I am not a mini fanatic but that car is so nice you simply cannot sell it.

apbellamy

16540 Posts

It's not a decision I'm going to rush, but if my heart isn't in it and the money would be better used elsewhere then it will go - it's just a car. Not that I would give it away.

*hehe!*

Yo-Han

969 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

This... absolutely love your car!
(but I do understand the consideration)

On 9th Jan, 2016 tadge44 said:
Andy, whatever happens you must keep that Mini. You know I am not a mini fanatic but that car is so nice you simply cannot sell it.

Dazed and Confused....

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Thanks Yohan.

I think I'm going to aim for Blyton for it being road worthy and capable of travelling a few miles. I may even see how the wife feels about a booster seat in the front for our 3 year old. He would love it.

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

Blyton could be a good shout for an outing actually

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Congratulations Andy !!
And well done on the progress

But...

On 9th Jan, 2016 apbellamy said:
Should be doable. 4 months to bolt a seat in and put some coolant in shouldn't be that much if a challenge.

Come on lol thats we all know thats 18 months worth of graft *happy*

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Home > Show Us Yours! > Andy's build thread - 1275GTS
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: