Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Andy's build thread - 1275GTS

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-100PSI-4L...ngAAOSwU~FWEfz-

ive got one of these for testing, its a miniature version of my devilsown pump
seems to work alright and mists well
wouldnt like to tune the engine to rely on it though,

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

Cheers Brett, that looks worth a shot, are you using it with a solenoid as well or just a nozzle?

Going to use a pressure & float switch to kick in overboost protection when either goes awray so should be safe, it'll only be used for the strip & track days.

Sorry for the hijack Andy!

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Not tried mine yet, but I'm injecting pre charger. Few wiring headaches to sort if/when I have time, before I can try it. Got it mot'd, pit a cover over it and there it sits...

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

On 8th Aug, 2016 sturgeo said:
Cheers Brett, that looks worth a shot, are you using it with a solenoid as well or just a nozzle?

Going to use a pressure & float switch to kick in overboost protection when either goes awray so should be safe, it'll only be used for the strip & track days.

Sorry for the hijack Andy!

I tested it with just plain piping and a diesel injector (from a burner) ( single nozzel fine mist type thing)
Im not actually going to use it for water / meth im going to see if its man enough to circulate the water on the charge cooler it shifts alot of water with no restrictions

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

I've been far too busy with life, redundancy and generally being useless to do much with this car for the last couple of years, but I've been doing a bit of late to try and get it 'finished' (what ever that is) so it can be sold.

This whirlwind of inactivity has culminated with a trip to RSTuning in Leeds on the back of a tow truck today. Unfortunately the starting tune was far from optimal and we were dogged by little issues that cost time, so we didn't get a full tune done.

We had an intermittent ignition sync fault which manifested at low and high rev's and is likely to be the cause of it cutting out when you stop at a junction etc.

The best it could manage was about 6k rev's and 8-10 psi. Lots more rev's in it once the ignition issue is sorted. Happy enough with what it did though. Should be able to make my target numbers I reckon.

As for the ignition issue. I found that this evening....

Cleaned up, reinstalled and all seems well again. MOT in the morning....

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

Getting closer, have you driven it?

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Not properly for about 18 months. Pulled it onto the recovery truck this morning and reversed it up to the rollers if that counts.

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

You not getting the bug to keep it now it's been out the shed?

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

You’ll regret the sale I reckon.

apbellamy

16540 Posts

I’ve had four years to get on and drive it and it’s just sat there. Essentially I’ve lost my interest in it, then couple that with no time/money/motivation/two kids etc and it’s an easy decision to sell.

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

MOT passed *happy*

*hehe!*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Well done

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Ta

*hehe!*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

So have you driven it today?

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Nah. Both me and the wife unwell, juggling two kids...

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

I've been plodding on as time allowed. First job was to sort out some fuck ups I'd made on the body, so sent it over to Rick for a few days.

Came back looking nice and shinny.

Then replaced a load of rusty fixings all round the car.

I've never really been happy with gaycharger the belt tensioner pulley. The bolt hole is like dangling a sausage in a wheelie bin. So it usually ends up with the tiny bearing getting pinched and the belt rubbing against a stuck tensioner. So I've bought an OEM one with a big bearing and sleeved the bolt hole down to the right size.

Then spent a bit of time chasing stupid faults and getting the car back together. AEM gauges now have the same colour back light for the first time...

Then today, this happened:

No idea how far or fast I went as the speedo still doesn't work. But it goes well enough and makes 10 psi in second. In a couple of weeks it's off back to the rollers to get the tune finished, then it can go up for sale. *Clapping*

Edited by apbellamy on 13th May, 2018.

*hehe!*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

It’s looking great Andy.

giannoutsos

166 Posts
Member #: 8952
Advanced Member

Athens Greece

It does look good, think you should keep it mate.
John

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Looks lovely

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Thanks chaps.

I need to sell it. I’ve lost interest in it. It’s done less than 100 miles in the last 4 years. It needs to go to someone who will use it.

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

get a for sale add up; it wont sell itself sitting in the garage hidden away

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

I must have said this a million times but grey clubmans on 10" wheels are the way forward.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

Yo-Han

967 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

Lovely car Andy!
Any chance you can tell me what the diameter and make is of the tensioner wheel?

On 13th May, 2018 apbellamy said:

Dazed and Confused....

apbellamy

16540 Posts

It’s a generic QH one for a Vauxhall. Part number QTT166. Don’t have dimensions to hand, sorry. It had quite a large metal boss on one side which I had to remove.

Plenty on eBay of around that size.

*hehe!*

Stig

397 Posts
Member #: 694

Shropshire

What are those front seats?

Home > Show Us Yours! > Andy's build thread - 1275GTS
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: