Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Andy's build thread - 1275GTS

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Thanks Matty. There's a long way to go, but one day soon I'll take my finger out of my arse and crack on.....

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Right then. The blue clubby has a test so I can crack on with this one now.

Or not... We're of on the silly lads rally next week, then the management says I'm not aloud to touch my tools until after we're married. So that's another 5 weeks to go... *frown*

She doesn't want my hands cut to ribbons in the weding photos or something... 'kin women...

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

I've finally had my long awaited delivbery from Aus! *happy*

I've got lots of shiney bits to bolt on now!

Plendinium and inlet manifold:

Crank pulley with toothed wheel:

Top right hand engine steady:

And all the gubbins to fit it:

Also had a nice box of bits from Merlin too. Andy is a happy boy! *happy*

*hehe!*

998turbomini25

297 Posts
Member #: 2276

sheffield / derby

they look nice!! just like mine*happy**happy*. My bits arrived from aus yesterday was well chuffed with them*happy* should look excellent how much have ou got left to do??

i see a weekend of mini related work ahead of me this weekend*happy**happy* and an update to the build thread on sunday!! its been a while!!

luke

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

Bens a great chap... hope to bu him a beer in Aug... I just love the coating on the manifolds and a over a year on mine still look as good as new..

I know this site hates suck through but I just love the simplicity bolt on fun....

Good luck with the builds guys keep us posted.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

ohh whos going to be second in the UK then...

PS I have my base map if you need it to get to the RR just send me a PM and I will mail it on..

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Base map would be good Graham, I'll drop you a PM.

I'm a long way from finished, so hopefully I will be 3rd UK SC12 setup, but the first 1275. I'm aiming for early next year to be on the road...

Hopefuly, I'll be breaking out my new (ish) spot welder tomorrow *smiley*

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

I've had my first propper go at body reapir with the spot welder today.

Turned out OK *happy*

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Progress at last!

Both doors are now sorted, so it looks a bit more complete.

They both line up nicely and don't stick out at the bottom rear corner, so I'm pretty pleased with the way they have turned out. *smiley*

*hehe!*

Ben.

628 Posts
Member #: 1064
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

Looking good mate!

Where did all the manifold/plelendilium stuff come from? And how much was it? If you dont mind me asking.

Build Thread Click Here

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Thanks

They came from Aus. A chap called Ben (Ben92 on here I think). The manifold kit etc was $900 aus and the charger cost about $200 NZ. The charger was a PITA to get hold of, had to convince somebody to send me one air mail from New Zealand. Not cheep, but that's life. I wanted to try something a little different to turboing. Hoping for around 120 bananas.

*hehe!*

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

Looks like you've been doing the same thing as us today, reskined the driver door on my old daily driver.

Coupe

998 Posts
Member #: 2178
Post Whore

Leyland, Lancs

Looks like its coming along well Andy - those doors certainly have come out better than my first attempt at re-skinning a door!

On 15th Jul, 2009 fastcarl said:
a breif struggle ensued but Will emerged the victor with a pair of undies in his possesion

On 21st Sep, 2009 apbellamy said:
No, but you did chuck your guts up over my front gate the Saturday before! You even managed to get a bit in your arm pit...

apbellamy

16540 Posts

These are my second attempt....

It's not that hard at all really. Taken me all day to do they pair though. Had to dig round in the shed and cellar to find all the bits. Turns out the paint that BMH use isn't weld through, so I ended up having to rub a load of paint of before the spot welder would do it's thing...

Sometime soon I'm going to grow a pair and get on with the roof!

*hehe!*

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

Did you use a door skin folding tool? made doing mine easy although i haven't test fitted it on the car yet...

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Yep, got a Sykes Pikovant one of ebay a while back. made a nice job of it. I also have a pikey one that I made with plumbers grips and some flat bar *blush* but that doesn't work on curves.

I find if you get the top of the skin level with the inside of the frame and the hole for the handle screew lined up then they are nice and square on the frame and in the door shut. Spot welding the corners makes it a lot easier too.

*hehe!*

hario

444 Posts
Member #: 2885

Unusual engine steady, is is bulkhead to thermostat?

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Yes. The usual vibration transmittors can't get over the charger etc.

Here's a pic of Gr4h4m's engine:

On 23rd Aug, 2009 hario said:
Unusual engine steady, is is bulkhead to thermostat?

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

It turns out I had a bent shaft! *surprised*

My pulley was damaged too. Looks like it got bashed in the post on the way over from NZ.

So I popped over to see Fast Carl. The shaft is straight again and I have my first Force Racing custom component.

Heavy steel clutched pulley, weighing in at 2411g!

The replacement. Only 553g

I just need to get the rest of the charger cleaned up and ready for the conversion.

So that's 1858g that my crank pulley doesn't need to spin. Spot on.

Thanks Carl. Top work as always!

Edited by apbellamy on 1st Sep, 2009.

*hehe!*

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

looks the dogs dangles too..

what do they say about the flywheel? 1kg off the fly is like 100kg off the car? *happy*

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

stefaz

1252 Posts
Member #: 1656
Post Whore

stoke-on-trent

that looks awesome - top machine work there carl (not really surprised its good though)

On 23rd Oct, 2009 sim_ou_nao said:

eu gosto de mamas = i like boobs

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

mmm nice pulley... what do they cost?

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Bloody rusty minis.....

More to follow no doubt...

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Drivers side is finished.

Unfortunatly, the passenger side is a bit worse. I'll have shares in Dremel by the time I'm done!

I've resigned myself to the fact that the shell will never be as good as I want it to be, but it should be pretty solid and rust free by the time I've done what I want to it.

*hehe!*

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Crusty....

Much better...

*hehe!*

Home > Show Us Yours! > Andy's build thread - 1275GTS
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: