Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > SPI Mini for mappable ecu development

johnK

1425 Posts
Member #: 690
Post Whore

Norfolk

The offer: - For the loan of an SPI mini for 3 weeks starting mid/end of Feb we will return the car as std but included will be a fully mappable ecu which you can plug directly into the Mini once the old ecu is removed (2min job). The new ecu will come mapped for the car but will have the software and interface to allow the engine to be set up once the modifications start. This means if you put a cam/head/exhaust combo etc on the car you can remap the ecu on a rolling road to suit the modifications - something you can't do with the stock ecu.

The car - any SPI in good mechanical/ electrical health

We will:- map the car on the rolling road once the ecu is configured. Keep it secure in our alarmed premises.

We won't:- abuse the car or run it round on the roads, we treat clients cars with utmost care.

pm me if you are interested or contact us direct on 01953 859785

cheers

John

If Carling made Mini engines
it would probably be like this one!

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

why oh why did i take mine off the road! this a a fucking great offer!!!

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

I know an ideal candidate *wink*

Just one question, is this ECU still capeble of 4 point injection and is there the option of binning the dizzy an running wasted spark ignition

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

pickmeup

568 Posts
Member #: 1200
Post Whore

Bristol

damn mines converted to carb :(

johnK

1425 Posts
Member #: 690
Post Whore

Norfolk

The ecu will be tailored specifically for the SPI/MPI and will not carry all the hardware the Typhoon does - making the cost very very attractive for SPI/MPI users.

JK

If Carling made Mini engines
it would probably be like this one!

philc

1394 Posts
Member #: 1346
Post Whore

bromsgrove

thats a great offer john

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

My feelings are if it does not include an option for wasted spark ignition strategy it will be rather limited. Why does every one fit Megajolt, one reason is to get rid of the clockworks that cause some trouble in the cold damp weather *wink* Dificult with the standard trigger pattern, nothing stoping you fitting a 36-1 wheel, as an option of course *wink*

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

If it's for MPi, it will need wasted spark ignition. But it will also need the correct injection strategy and timing.

The SPi is very simple to take care of: one ignition output, one injection output, and you don't care about injection timing. MPi is a lot trickier to do and requires more hardware.

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > SPI Mini for mappable ecu development
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: