Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > Shuddersfield Spares - SS exhausts

jwb_moto

38 Posts
Member #: 5170

Bourne

I just thought id share my experience with said company.

Not long after buying my current mini i ordered a set of minilights, arches and a full stainless exhasut system incl Lcb manifold.

The wheels and arches were ok but the exhaust was pure shite.

The flanges on the lcb were nearly half the thickness of a maniflow lcb the holes no where near lined up and the "Y" piece output (the end that attaches to the link pipe) was exctly the same size as the link pipe itself (both had od of 2") Both parts also had the slot cut into them where the squeeze up when the exhaust clmp is tightened.

When i contacted them i got that arogant prick who owns the business who told me the normal practice to bend one end of joining pieces in slightly and the other piece outwrds slightly. I told him this ws a blatant bodge and was in no way safe. He argued the toss with me on the phone for the next 10 mins telling me i knew nothing and that he was right and that after market parts are custom and sometimes need modifiying to fit them.

As i had no option but to fit the exhasut system i ended up getting a sleeve tig welded into the link pipe just to get me back on the road. After about 750 miles the exhaust started blowing at first i thought it was the "Y" piece as these are the usual suspect but upon closer inspection all three of the exhasut flange had warped and burnt the gasket away.

I removed the lcb and had all three pieces surface ground back so they were flat and refitted it, the same thing happened again after about another 500 miles. I was fairly fucked off by now so i rang them up gain and complained and was told s hit had been used and altered i had no come back.

So i took the whole lot off and bout a maniflow lcb and stainless Minispares RC40 system which fitted spot on, first time.

I sold the old system off as used at a loss :(

If you see anybody selling Stainless steel exhaust LCBs with the name Raceland on then just walk on by, theyre crap.

I wont buy anything from Huddersfield anymore and i physically stop my mates from going near theyre stands at shows Lol.

My sister looks like me but with long hair! so save that one for your wank bank i dare you!...

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

i used them once and that was enough

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

Home > Companies to Avoid > Shuddersfield Spares - SS exhausts
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: