Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > smoking on over run

shane

2623 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

There is a fair bit there but what I really cant get my head round is the compressor housing is spotless!
Shane

shane

2623 Posts
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Et voila!
Shane

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

ould easily still be the turbine side oil seals. had it happen myself on a few occations before i realised my turbo oil driain (and breather) was less than satisfactory. each time it smoked on over run and occationally at idle but the compressor outet was always clear. replacing the turbo always cured it.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

turbo hogster

1641 Posts
Member #: 178
Post Whore

stowmaket suffolk

either exhaust side of turbo or the dreaded piston ring lands have failed like mine did, what pistons are you running

always looking for them bigger bunches of bannanas

shane

2623 Posts
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

PLEASE dont even put that thought in my mind Richard, I think they are the mega's from morespeed. will fit the new turbo next weekend, will soon see. The crank pully has thrown a shit fit too, its just one think after another.......
Shane

On 25th Apr, 2009 turbo hogster said:
either exhaust side of turbo or the dreaded piston ring lands have failed like mine did, what pistons are you running

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

if the ring lands are gone shouldnt it show up on a compression/leakdown test?

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

shane

2623 Posts
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Ive not done a compression test on the engine yet, will do it tomorrow, just out of curiousity.
Cheers
Shane

fab

1497 Posts
Member #: 100
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

when I think about this, I'm not sure why you should be nervous about this, in the back of my head I'm not sure that any turbo mini I had, hadn't made this less or more when the breather are disconnected from vaccum .
I would try to connect it back, it will help turbo seal as when the turbo is of boost the vaccum help to "suck" oil from passing seals, then past vaccum, your turbo will be on boost, then this prevent oil to escape
I would try to connect back first and see if I need to thru my money in this

Mr Joshua

2488 Posts
Member #: 1954
Post Whore

Luton Bedfordshire

That does not compute the compressor housing is clean but the coupling pipe is covered in oil!

When we check for oil lreaks in the compressor side of a system there is one check that never fails and should work here.

the tight bend at the top of plenum chamber, check to see if there is any oil smeared around this bend.

Own the day

PaulH

1346 Posts
Member #: 2340
Post Whore

Dublin Ireland

My money is on turbo seals Exhaust side tbh

On 17th Feb, 2009 Rob H said:

I find the easiest way is to super glue the bolt to the end of one of my fingers.

shane

2623 Posts
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Well, have a new turbo ready to fit. But parts I ordered from mini sparwes havent arrived so not going to get it running this weekend, not happy!
Shane.

sealy1991

102 Posts
Member #: 5814
Advanced Member

Kidderminster

Mine does the same shane, and im interested to know if yours stops smoking when you replace the turbo seals? Cheers, hope all goes well

More Boost, More FUN!

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > smoking on over run
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: