Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > paypal

welshdan

2095 Posts
Member #: 1111
Post Whore

s wales

sold a set of mini clocks on there to a guy. he kept emailing me prior to the end of the auction, he seemed that he wasnt sure about them. anyway he paid nearly £70 for them.

got an email from him saying that the clocks mounting brackets broke in the post (i packed item really well). forwareded royal mail reciepts ant my address so he could claim from royal mail.

next thing i know, dispute with paypal. they rulled in his favour, even though he aggreed that the clocks were fine prior to posting. got them back, and the guy for some reason unknown to me he has snapped every mounting bracket off them with something like pliers (you can see the marks to the plastic). even the ones between the clock faces, whilst the clock faces themselves are still perfect - impossible to happen in the post unless postman pat has been about with his pliers.

emailed paypal a few times, they havent even bothered to reply. im left mugged of my 70 quid, and have been returned a set of clocks which are worth nothing.

no wonder people have started avoiding using paypal on ebay...

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Yes, Paypal is a fucking rip off... But it's hard to use anything else.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Mini_Andy

2102 Posts
Member #: 432
Post Whore

Swindon

post his name and address in here *wink*

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

That's just a load of dog chalk! Have you got his address? Go round and duff the BAC up!

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

John

10020 Posts
Mongo

Are we thinking boxed turds in the post?

DD_Racing

315 Posts
Member #: 3013

Epsom Surrey

yeah... dog poo dog poo lovely lovely dog poo!!

Simon

736 Posts
Member #: 1865
Post Whore

Norwich, Norfolk

Paypal is brilliant IMO, I think the issue here is with the @*%$ that ruined the clocks.

Call paypal up, dont email them, login to the site and request a support call, you will get a code that lasts an hour or something, ring them, give them the code and you have someone on the phone. Their not in india either *wink*

You will have a number of slightly annoying voice recognition menus to get past tho.

I've called them for a number of issues and all be sorted out there and then on the phone.

http://turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=170151

Turbo Phil

4620 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

On 7th May, 2009 ZeroT said:
Paypal is brilliant IMO, I think the issue here is with the @*%$ that ruined the clocks.

Call paypal up, dont email them, login to the site and request a support call, you will get a code that lasts an hour or something, ring them, give them the code and you have someone on the phone. Their not in india either *wink*

You will have a number of slightly annoying voice recognition menus to get past tho.

I've called them for a number of issues and all be sorted out there and then on the phone.

Useful to know ! :)

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

John

10020 Posts
Mongo

Do I need this log in a box i've just wrapped then or not?

1380turbo

365 Posts
Member #: 1211

Working up the BHP ladder.

On 7th May, 2009 Mini_Andy said:
post his name and address in here *wink*

Could pay the chap a visit....with a pair of pliars*happy*

mowog

72 Posts
Member #: 6792
Advanced Member

I haven't used paypal as a sell, but while I do like the idea of it as a buyer why the fuck do they need my bank account details (paypal) when they have credit card details?

Too much 'big brother', they're trying to take over everything.

Welshdan, really sorry to hear of your experience, I'd pay this fucker a visit.....

Edited by mowog on 12th Sep, 2009.

JC T ONE

69 Posts
Member #: 2974
Advanced Member

Hi yes its NOT ok, to do things like this, I have only used paypal as a buyer so far, its unfortunnally impossible to buy something without it, and YES its to much with all this 1984.

reminds me of a record with a guy called Rockwell*oh well*

MONSTER HEDGEHOG

280 Posts
Member #: 4340

sideways, Birmingham

i had somthing like this once, a guy bough a set of 1.5 kieth dodd rockers off me, i checked them over compleatly for wear ect, nothing at all as thay were almost new, i sent them off and the guy messaged me saying the shaft was worn and that he wasnt happy with them, i asked for a few pics of all this wear and never got anything but a load of messages asking for his cash back, it worried me as i was short of money at the time, anyway i looked at all his feedback to see if he messed people around and realized he won a set of roller rockers the day he recived mine. *oh well*
needless to say he relisted the my 1.5 rockers and only ended up only loosing a few quid from the postage costs.

On 15th Dec, 2009 fastcarl said:
sell the lot to me for £70 pounds and i'll let you stand on the outside edge and look on my inner circle of closest frinds, lol

carl

FOR EVERY WELL THOUGHT OUT AND WELL EXECUTED PRICISION JOB EVER CONCIEVED, YOU CAN GUARANTEE THAT SOMEWHERE IN WALSALL OR THE BLACK COUNTRY THERE WILL BE A BLOKE TRYING TO ACHIVE THE SAME BY MEANS OF "ITIN IT WI LUMP AMAR"

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I lost £35 from an idiot who didnt pack some headdlights which arrived all smashed up -refused delivery and Post office have shown them as in course of return for the last 4 months. Paypal said that as I did not have a receipt of posting(they had the Recorded delivery reference and could see that I had returned them)they ruled in favour of the vendor, who refuses to claim on the Recorded Delivery service as he is quite happy that he has his money -- bastard !

kal14

61 Posts
Member #: 7915
Be careful to buy anything from me. You have been warned.

westmidlands

hi paypal are a law on to there own rip of bastards . i started account with them recived 6 payments they emailed saying raise your limmit i did got 3 more payments in and whent to withdraw bit dosh to my account they automaticly frooze my account had to verify postage i did postage through pay pal they have all tracking numbs etc and keep asking for them i sent them and they now say they are invalid !!!! i hav buyers email them saying they recived items etc , yip NO JOY . now they want proof of purches where i got parts from . said they cant rlease funds to i prove each . i made up recipts now thry moved on to useing account to much . mony laundring . sent in photo id proof bills etc bank account the lot still no joy they keep adding more , they are making intrest on my £1480 9 weeks on . stay clear . john

Asphalt

509 Posts
Member #: 1027
Post Whore

Germini, black forrest

I got my 79 quid back I payed for a set of HIF4s I never received... :)

[X] nail here for new monitor

Tweaked

194 Posts
Member #: 2873
Advanced Member

Milton Keynes

Just got my £45 back from them after a dispute on ebay, sorted it out in 3 days.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I won't use them any more to accept money. I will use them to buy things from people I do not know, i.e. ebay.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Evolution Studio 2

49 Posts
Member #: 4864

Northants, England

I sold some dodgy cream to a yank on ebay. she said the cream worked the first few days then made where she applied the cream to become very swollen.... but i think she wanted her 10 pounds back.
So she kicked up a fuss and won the case. sent a few cocky bitchy emails afterwards.
So my girlfriend was a bit livid so I avoided her as she tends to act like Hitler when angry. But i turned my laptop on the next morning to find i had been refunded back the money they had already refunded her and had an email from paypal that they had reversed the outcome of the case :)

so the skanky yank can wank on that!
Paypal is good but they keep on holding my money for 21 days :(

Home > Companies to Avoid > paypal
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: