Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Good Garages & Parts Suppliers > MRA-Minis

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

On 20th Jun, 2009 Sprocket said:
I am totally impartial to this debate *happy*

But I have a genuine Rover Dizzy blanking plug that came from the 1996 Nurburgring 24hr racer that later became P245 WFH Group A rally car that went on to compete in the Montecarlo Rally.

This plug is clearly seen in a few pictures in the book 'The Last Works Minis'

I also own an 'MRA Minis' plug, which needed a hammer to fit as the O ring was FT!! and I modified it by drilling a hole in the center from the outside and threaded it so I could fit a slide hammer to pull the thing out!!

Other than that, both stopped a leak

Like this Colin...I made this in 2005 when did you make yours? *tongue*

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

When the so-called "design right" is a copy of a section of the original dizzy body, then there are no rights that belong to MRA-Minis.

When a business starts clutching at staws as tenous as this then one wonders if they are credible.

I reacted to this post because to infer that Rob H was being devious is ridiculous as anyone who has met him knows that is not the case.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Did I not tell you to drill a hole in the middle and thread it *happy* *wink*

On 20th Jun, 2009 matty said:

But I have a genuine Rover Dizzy blanking plug that came from the 1996 Nurburgring 24hr racer that later became P245 WFH Group A rally car that went on to compete in the Montecarlo Rally.

I also own an 'MRA Minis' plug, which needed a hammer to fit as the O ring was FT!! and I modified it by drilling a hole in the center from the outside and threaded it so I could fit a slide hammer to pull the thing out!!

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

PMSL. *hehe!*

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

fastcarl

6962 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

i hope that cluch arm is not a direct copy of my titanium ones or you're in bother.

Did I not tell you to drill a hole in the middle and thread it *happy* *wink*

On 20th Jun, 2009 matty said:

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

best_stig

453 Posts
Member #: 6449

Brisbane, Australia

Is there a design right on the a series engine? you could be in a bit of trouble fitting a dizzy blanking plug as it could be deemed an illegal copy.

In boost we trust

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

Right i had a PM from martin

Hi Wolfie,

With reference to your reply below.

29th May, 2009 at 02:12:10pmPM User | Quote They wont get my money regardless of how quick it turns up, not after martin at MRA decided to threaten someone from here with legal action, all because they were selling dizzy blanking plugs and breaking a copywrite that does not exist and even other companies have sold them for years.

BAC imo

Edited by wolfie on 29th May, 2009.

I am interested in your comments above as it seems to me that you have only heard one side of the argument ?

Regards Martin
MRA Minis
07789 87****

My Reply
On 20th Jun, 2009 wolfie said:

I have your side of the story as i have seen the emails with the threat of legal action, theres two things that baffle me, one is that you clearly did not design the dizzy plugs as they were about before MRA, i made several near on 8 years ago for myself and friends with next to no machining experience, on top of this i blatently copied what dave walker had done so you threatening legal action is clearly a joke, second you have threatened legal action and tried to bully a well known and respected member of the mini community, with your core products being for the mini community this is in my personal view very short sighted.

You reap what you sow

I personally would not use you and have made my personal reasons clear so blaming decent people like Rob is just digging a bigger hole!
This is the last i am going to say on the matter as i see no value in dragging the forum down to your level.

Edited by wolfie on 20th Jun, 2009.

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

What a crock of fucking shit.

I can't believe you guys are blatantly copying Martins designs and claiming them for your own. Even that Bruno Roule guy who first put the BMW 16v head on an A-series copied one of Martins plugs when he had the miniworld feature in 1993 or whenever it was.

Why don't you all just leave him alone to design more quality parts instead of wasting his time with your lies.

That's all i have to say on the matter.

Edited by TurboDave16V on 20th Jun, 2009.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

fastcarl

6962 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

turncoat,

On 20th Jun, 2009 TurboDave said:

I can't believe you guys are blatantly copying Martins designs and claiming them for your own. Even that Bruno Roule guy who first put the BMW 16v head on an A-series copied one of Martins plugs when he had the miniworld feature in 1993 or whenever it was.

Why don't you all just leave him alone to design more quality parts instead of wasting his time with your lies.

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

Ollie

524 Posts
Member #: 1380
Post Whore

Swindon

*Clapping*

On 20th Jun, 2009 TurboDave said:

On 2nd Mar, 2008 joeybaby83 said:
neil_g, with all due respect, your the worse salesman on TM since rob_h tried to sell his own ass

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

Two weeks on and still no explanation as to what it is that I've allegedly done.

Thanks to everyone who's stood up for me, you support means a lot to me.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

Rob H

4314 Posts

The West Country

Edited 11th Nov: Over four months now and still no explanation.

Edited by Rob H on 11th Nov, 2009.

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

I wouldn't use uprated bushes on standard tie bars because they can and do cause the bar to bend, this bending will result in cyclic stresses that may eventually lead to failure...

I suppose its ok for people to hide behind University degrees and qualifications while they talk shite to the lesser person. I mean to sell uprated tiebar bushes and then to say that they shouldn't be fitted to standard tiebars since the bushes 'may' cause more stress on them eventually resulting in failure, is this not coercing the ill educated buyer into heavy duty tie bars from the said same supplier that they do not necessarally need?

is it not the fact that the standard tie bars are likely bent from miss use or accident damage, and perhaps suffering from corrossion due to poor maintenance upkeep? Surely the same load is imparted onto the tiebar irrespecteve of the hardness or compressability of the rubber bush?

I don't mind people selling stuff thats not really required in the main, or people buying said stuff, its how its 'sold' that fucks me off! And when you question it, I am as good as told I am an idiot. Well there you go*happy*

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Where has this come from Sprock?

I agree totally with your sentiments, but if it is from another forum, please keep it on there buddy.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

It is from another forum, but then anything you see advertised on the internet is from "somewhere else", the other forum encourages traders to sell their stuff on that forum so no different to any other on-line trader.

I just had a really good laugh when I read it (and I have an Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering).

But any trader who says "Your entitled to your views, however idiotic they are" deserves to be mentioned..... but not in the "Good Garages & Parts Suppliers" subsection.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Shit. I wobbled up a new spigot thing for the actuator rod eye wotsit on the van's new turbo. I hope garrett don't see the pic and get their lawyers onto me...

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

your stuffed andy - i'm going to tell them lol!

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

No beer for you at Avon then...

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

at this rate there will be on Avon - got no tow car now as the a4 is gone and I've not touched the mini in at least 2 months........

Rob H

4314 Posts

The West Country

I wonder if MRA Minis will ever get back to me?

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

I doubt it Rob bloke is clearly a cunt

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

Home > Good Garages & Parts Suppliers > MRA-Minis
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: