Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Rod trials and testing > Siamese Code Trial - Take Five - R

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

On 13th Jun, 2009 Gerald O said:
I'm running this code on an 1800 B engine right now if that counts. Same 5-port issues, just bigger.

I documented my conversion here: http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.ph...502#msg-1018502
and some on the MSExtra site.

Fantastic!

Out of interest why did you keep the spacers between the manifold and your throttle body adapters, I would have thought you'd have wanted to keep the inlet tracks as short as possible to cut down on wall wetting.

EDIT: Just read through you build again and looking in the later pictures I can see that the spacers are gone. Also noticed the time scales second time round, really impressed by how quickly you got it up and running.

Edited by Rob H on 14th Jun, 2009.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

fab

1497 Posts
Member #: 100
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

that's amazing!
that's start to turn my mind, perhaps I could give it a go as I was building a twin bike carb set up with pitot tube , but this now is open my curiosity....

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 13th Jun, 2009 Gerald O said:
On 10th Jun, 2009 Rod S said:
...So anyone else out there using 5 port and considering port injection who would like to give this a go and justify all the code writing Jean has done ????
I'm running this code on an 1800 B engine right now if that counts. Same 5-port issues, just bigger.

I'm currently running from a single VE table. My setup is only good to about 5000 RPM and then I run out of injection capacity. I'm probably going to have to add a set of secondary injectors and employ staging.

I'm using start of pulse timing and my timing tables advance with RPM, with the timings for the inners advancing more at higher RPMs than the outers to avoid the pulses overlapping.

It's not optimised yet by any means, but I've been driving the car (MGB) daily and have put almost 1000 miles on it now running this code without any problems.

I documented my conversion here: http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.ph...502#msg-1018502
and some on the MSExtra site.

Excellent Gerald.

It's interesting you run out of capacity at 5k RPM, that's exactly what the scope shows is going to happen to me (earlier in the thread) even though my initial calculations say the injectors should be adequate even with symettrical timing. Obviously just two injectors at present for N/A test, two more with staging is obviously going to be required in my case for turbo and I have the second version of the inlet part built already.

I'll have a good read of your thread later, just got home with a pile of panels so I'm off to do some cutting/grinding/welding now :)

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 13th Jun, 2009 jbelanger said:
On a different subject, there is a new version of the code out but it doesn't yet have the hybrid 2-pulse 1-pulse mode. However, it does correct the missing pulse bug and also corrects other issues from the base code. It's available here: http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=31530. I'll be working on the hybrid mode in the coming week.

Thanks Jean, all your work on this is really appreciated.....

I think that thread explains another small issue I had (I wasn't getting a clean start from cranking when cold) but was too embarassed to ask in case I had made another stupid mistake *happy*

Rod.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Two things,

Jean - before I load it, what's the difference between the "unmarked" and the "US" version of the s19 and ini ??? Can't see anything in the readme file.

Injector sizing, just a thought.... does the actual capacity go down disproportionately when operating them at very low duty cycles ???
ie, for a theoretical 1000cc/min injector, could it flow 800cc/min at 80% duty but flow LESS than 200cc/min at 20% duty - possibly because openning and closing time have much more relative effect ???

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

The "us" version is for Microsquirt (the 'u' should be a mu). So take the unmarked version.

As for injectors, they do have some non-linearity at low pulse widths but I don't think it would be significant at 20% duty cycle. You would have to go much lower to see the effect. But there will be some at some point.

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

Home > Rod trials and testing > Siamese Code Trial - Take Five - R
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: