Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > New look for 09- BONNET OFF PICTURE ADDED

miniallsort

230 Posts
Member #: 1131

great build great mini

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On 16th Feb, 2011 Rick.SPI said:
Then vader chopped him in number 4. Plus anakin had a bang tidy bird.

Im sure hard core Star Wars fans (and I am not one) would say that, Anakin and Darth Vader, while the one in the same , are infact two different persons, much like Chancellor Palpatine is Darth Sidius AKA the Emperor. If Anakin was Darth Vader, then he would still be Anakin Skywalker, not Darth Vader, like Qui Gon Jin is Qui Gon Jin, Obi Wan Kenobi is Obi Wan Kenobi, and Luke Skywalker is Luke Skywalker. So, In episode 4 Obi Wan Kenobi was cut down by Darth Vader, NOT Anakin Skywalker. Oh and Luke Skywalkers sister in episode 6 is tiny tidy *happy*

On A side note, Darth Vader is the only screen character to be played by three different actors all at the same time in the same film. In episode 6 Darth Vader is played by 'Green Cross Code man' David Prowse as 'Darth Vader', James Earl Jones played as ' The voice of Darth Vader', and At the very end, the Reveal scene is played by sebastian Shaw as 'The face of Darth Vader'.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Rick.SPI

1596 Posts
Member #: 8027
Post Whore

Thrapston, Kettering, Northants NN14

Haha. I ain't a hardcore fan either, I do like a bit tho. Yh i see where your coming from. Prefer anakin to darth but darth still is a badman, lea skywalker ain't fit, especially not for a princess lol. :p number 3 is a sick film, saw it the other day :) haha, wonder what nic would think of what his thread has become. I'm gonna go ahead and say yoda is the king...

Edited by Rick.SPI on 16th Feb, 2011.

On 17th Feb, 2011 apbellamy said:
I popped my first one out the other day...

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On 16th Feb, 2011 Rick.SPI said:
leia skywalker ain't fit, especially not for a princess lol. *tongue*

No? I have always had a thing For Leia in Return of the Jedi. Maybe its all that flesh tone, and chains *hehe!*

So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

Rick.SPI

1596 Posts
Post Whore

A bit of s&m, dunno maybe with a bag on her head but still...

its padme for me. *Yes*

Edited by Rick.SPI on 17th Feb, 2011.

TurboHarry

263 Posts
Member #: 115

Austria, near Vienna

Hi guys,

here is the link to my latest setup - scroll to bottom of page....
http://www.minifreunde.at/harry/links/startup.htm

cheers
harry

Bimmer Twinky headed and turboed A-Series:
http://www.minifreunde.at/harry/projects.htm

Rick.SPI

1596 Posts
Post Whore

harry... number 2 is alot neater, and by the looks of it a bit of an animal, i likey... why is it not on here :(

Edited by Rick.SPI on 17th Feb, 2011.

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

where is nic anyway, hasnt been on here much recently.

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Maybe he has finally found a woman

theoneeyedlizard

7259 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Really?

More likely he's getting his car ready for this year. Like most of is should be instead of waisting all our time on here.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On 18th Feb, 2011 theoneeyedlizard said:
Really?

More likely he's getting his car ready for this year. Like most of is should be instead of waisting all our time on here.

Not much I can do when I have a garage full of Mini bits covered in wet paint so you might be speaking for yourself*happy*

george91

1083 Posts
Member #: 8932
Post Whore

Lol i agree with rick on that one. and the twink turbo looks much smarter than in 5 port setup, would be good to have a project thread on that one.

theoneeyedlizard

7259 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Certainly am speaking for myself. I've only just got motivated again.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

george91

1083 Posts
Post Whore

your not on your own. I haven't done anything since christmas, i can never get motivated to work on the car when the weathers crap.

On 18th Feb, 2011 theoneeyedlizard said:
Certainly am speaking for myself. I've only just got motivated again.

Rick.SPI

1596 Posts
Post Whore

you aint speaking for yourself lizard, check how slow my progress is. too much time on here, getting drunk and eating pastaaa. i need to crack my mini into gear and get it rolling.

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

It must be a winter thing -not getting on with it.

Ihave been pissing about with a new engine and turbo since before Christmas -realistically two days solid work should have it running.

Maybe when the sun re-appears I will crack on ?.

PaulH

1346 Posts
Member #: 2340
Post Whore

Dublin Ireland

I'm with Colin, I'm full of the go I have dry built most of my new min since Christmas,

I put it down to Monster and the fact I went to a track day just befour christmas and got the bug :)

Edited by PaulH on 19th Feb, 2011.

On 17th Feb, 2009 Rob H said:

I find the easiest way is to super glue the bolt to the end of one of my fingers.

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

im itching to get on with mine but iv been to busy with other stuff this month.
hopfully i'll be back in my garage in march.

want to try and get it ready for paint by august/september time, and on the road march/april 2012!!! thats the plan anyway :)

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

I only seem to make progress on my mini when it's cold. We end up doing the van in spring, then it's drag racing and beer...

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Adam_R

603 Posts
Member #: 1938
Post Whore

near Dundee

well progress my end has been non existent,
the garage roof fell in over winter with the heavy snow.
everything is soaking and surface rust has spread onto every newly welded area. pretty much everything ive done needs to be worked over again :(
ive only just managed to find and rent a replacement unfortunately its a 30min drive from my house.
ive yet to move the mini over.
oh and now my daily has showed that it likes to rust like hell too

george91

1083 Posts
Post Whore

Unbelievably i did some work today, got the grinder out and started cutting the bins and seat over hang out. aslo went and got some supplies.

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

Gosh, 10 years and a month on...

I’m pleased to say I still have the car, although I haven’t used it as much as the good old days.

From 2012-2015 the car was squashed into a container:

Until work threatened me with the sack if I didn’t get it up and running again, so off it went into a spare warehouse, replaced the fuel lines and the pipes from the brake reservoirs that had kindly leaked brake fluid over the bulkhead....

and off we went to Shelsley Walsh and Castle Combe.

Although after Castle Combe the gasket blew between the manifold/turbo and some of the small silicone hoses had started splitting.
I also made the mistake of putting it back in the container damp which meant that it was a bit of a mess when it next came out.

This was in 2017 when I was lucky enough to now have a garage, finally I now had the car back at home and able to work on it again.

So it was time to sort out the problems from last time out, and a few other niggles.
Finally I did a proper job of replacing the fuel lines, repainted the bulkhead, lost my temper with my weight saving methods (e.g using one bolt to hold on three things), and shock horror-fitting a roll cage, oh the weight.

With the demise of Avon, I was left with a car that didn’t really have a use.
I liked the idea of preparing the car for hill climbs so that was the idea behind the cage. It was relieving to see how much it stiffened up the car-suddenly jacking the car could lift three wheels, not just the one.
It did mean cutting out my beloved rear pockets, and I got cramp when putting in the rear cage, scratching both rear windows in the process thanks to getting cramp...

We are now into 2018. At this point a miracle occurred and I got married, obviously there was only one choice for the wedding car:

I also took it on the mk1 track day at Blyton Park.

(Stolen from the internet)

That was a great day, except for boiling the brake fluid which went over my freshly painted bulkhead.
Quite an eye opener as I finally realised how badly my car handled. It felt like the slowest car there round the corners.

I was also using the car a fair amount on the road, and it would appear that I am not as brave as I once was-the handling was all over the place.

Taking advice from people who knew what they were on about, I changed the dampers, springs, cones, and set the geometry. It’s much better, but not as good as I would like yet, however there is more to be done when it is possible.

As every says, the red dots take a while to settle...

I’ve not managed to get the car on the road this year, I’ve been working on trying to make the car more useable and drivable without sacrificing power, but things are taking longer than they used to.
Once upon a time the car was the centre of my life, now its far down on my list of priorities.

Edited by Nic on 8th Jul, 2019.

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

Glad to see you've still been doing things with it. Life has a habit of getting in the way. As you say it used to be the centre of attention for most of us and now it falls way down the list. I try and make time every so often and try and tick something off the list of things to do.

Doesn't help when you come to do something and you can't complete it because you need to order more parts etc.

Be good to see some pictures of the old girl, I can remember it from the hey day and it inspired me to turbo my car.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

It was a missile down the straights at Blyton!

Get it back on a track again soon Nic

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Good to see you’re still around Nic and you’ve not been stupid and sold the car or something.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

Home > Show Us Yours! > New look for 09- BONNET OFF PICTURE ADDED
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: