Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Just had my car on the rollers and finally a figure im not embaraced of!

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

285bananas@8018rpm and 189.7curlywurlys@7116rpm

BP 97 ron fuel, 19psi boost, 9.5:1 CR :)

Be shocked if i cant get more horses at this boost with further developemnt but this setup has been running as-is for quite some time now and prooving reliable and plenty powerfull enough for the public highway:)

rather happy :)

Edited by evolotion on 13th Jun, 2009.

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

Turbo Phil

4621 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Impressive, high boost with a high compression to, proves it's well set up. Is it a K-Series you run ?

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

mayoturbo

673 Posts
Member #: 1395
Post Whore

chepstow

nice figures. Whats the spec?

jonnymoran

59 Posts
Member #: 5708
Advanced Member

Galway, Ireland

congrats mate

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

yip 1400 16v k-series :) not much too the spec to be ohnest, though it has been a logn time in development with alot of stuff tried, standard long engine with a chambered head to lower CR and piper steel valve retainers as have had 8 of the standard ones fail to date (luckily never dropped a valve!) early wet liner bottom end with early mahle pistons megasquirt, pulsar T28, applying power through an ATF filled R65 gearbox via a robert-inspired twin spring clutch.:)

Edited by evolotion on 13th Jun, 2009.

Denis O'Brien.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

That's good power. Will it be at Avon thsi year?

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

On 13th Jun, 2009 apbellamy said:
That's good power. Will it be at Avon thsi year?

hopefully, booked avon and MITP off work :) so long as the car holds out i'll be down :)

Denis O'Brien.

glenboy

8 Posts
Member #: 2699

Lancashire

thats a fair weapon you got there evolotion nice going

iain
Site Admin

8506 Posts
Member #: 16
Sold the turbo and seeing what the C20XE can do!

Near Lincoln

excellent!

have to see if some of the hybrid A's can match it at the RR day *happy*

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

On 13th Jun, 2009 iain said:
excellent!

have to see if some of the hybrid A's can match it at the RR day *happy*

i'll be supprised if quite a few dont go screaming past it *tongue* however i can bring a few of my "exagerated" printouts and some excuses for pub talk afterwards lol

Denis O'Brien.

Radleigh

367 Posts
Member #: 1643

West London

Bet thats fucking RAPID..... Nice one!!

Lightweight racer coming soon.

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

I like the way, that you know what sort of figure your car should produce, and when you get a figure that you know is too high, you dont believe it.

Most people would just claim thats the true power.

Top marks!

Also not sure how you anaged to cram all that in there!!!

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

Och!! Good work!!!

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

On 13th Jun, 2009 James_H said:
I like the way, that you know what sort of figure your car should produce, and when you get a figure that you know is too high, you dont believe it.

well i know the size of my injectors, and the duty there ran to, only takes a few seconds to come up with a rough expected power output *wink* and a definate limit to power output :) anythign above that figure must therefore be nonsence !

cheers gentlemen :)

Denis O'Brien.

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

The two amazing things about this car are that it runs a standard bottom end (including pistons?) and that at avon last year no-one did more runs than Dennis; just kept going round and round. No pussying around letting it cool down etc.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

Miniwilliams

5329 Posts
Member #: 140
Proven 200+bhp & Avon Park 05,06,07 Class D 3rd place

bloody well done mate, that doesn't suprise me at all if i'm honset, as your term speed at avon were fast.

well done sir!

Best 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds @116 mph
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on a carb?
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on Injection?

http://www.mattwoodsphotography.com

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

cheers again gents :) .. aye still standard pistons, though did crack a ringland in one set of AE's but im absolutely positive that was poor mapping (and red mist) on my part and not a failing of the piston! that was on my first attempt with lots of boost on the 9.5:1 CR

Denis O'Brien.

fab

1497 Posts
Member #: 100
Parisien Turbo Expert

Paris\' suburb

this defo is very impressive!
how's your boost treeshold, and how's does it drive with the t28, which a/r and comp trim? (I guess t3 60trim)

Keith Timpson

87 Posts
Member #: 3104
Advanced Member

Glasgow

Very impressive Denis, should get you some good times at Avon this year! Which rolling road did you use? I've got mine booked in with Performance HQ (Dastek) who I used last year to see if I've improved anything for this year.

Keith

14.914 sec 1/4 mile @ 91.38mph, NA 1293cc on 1.1/2" SU's (all steel and glass shell)

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

On 13th Jun, 2009 fab said:
this defo is very impressive!
how's your boost treeshold, and how's does it drive with the t28, which a/r and comp trim? (I guess t3 60trim)

compressor is a 60 trim T3
turbine is 79 Trim, .86 A/R Housing
i.e. a Pulsar GTi-R unit.

boost starts to build at 4k and builds failry linearly to 5k where i have 1 bar, and 19psi is reached at 5500rpm the slow build of boost is much easier to controll than when i tried smaller t25-based turbochargers and as the engine rev's out high it isnt actually an issue to keep it on the boil. boost is held without falling right to the red line.

i love how it drives, until 4k its like a torquey NA motor, with good mpg. above 4k it becomes an animal, however alot of people would hate the lag / threshold. depends on your driving style. with your playing with VNT etc, i imagine you would hate it to be ohnest :$

Denis O'Brien.

evolotion

2909 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

On 13th Jun, 2009 Keith Timpson said:
Very impressive Denis, should get you some good times at Avon this year! Which rolling road did you use? I've got mine booked in with Performance HQ (Dastek) who I used last year to see if I've improved anything for this year.

Keith

cheers keith. this was ran at extreme motorsport, who not to long ago installed a dastec RR setup. Only popped along as a mate called and said a RR day was organised and they were short on numbers and i was free so popped along! i like the dastek rollers, the cooling setups are always great, my car gets close to boiling up on others rolling roads around here :( the engies always had the power to get good times keith, its the driver(well mostly the driver), and my insistance on keepig it a full weight road car :) away to crail in a few hours as its a non mag day to put in some practice and play with some new toys :) as should be nice and quiet! hope she makes some good figures for you!

Denis O'Brien.

frenchman

32 Posts
Member #: 2742

Plymouth

That's a bloody good result!

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

thats a good result denis - looking forward to this years shows

how was crail?

T3Tone

1666 Posts
Member #: 252
Post Whore

Sunny suffolk

Good work Dennis, going by your terminal speeds at the 1/4 it was obvious your car has more than 60 bhp *wink*

-MINI CLUBMAN 1380 TURBO-

Mattlad

127 Posts
Member #: 1871
Advanced Member

Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Very impressive,

Can I just ask one question with out trying to sound rude, why go for the 1400 over the 1800?

Matt

Home > General Chat > Just had my car on the rollers and finally a figure im not embaraced of!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: