Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > lil grey

giannoutsos

166 Posts
Member #: 8952
Advanced Member

Athens Greece

Hi t@z, what block s that? I have never seen that stamping before. Thick flange?
Thanks John

t@z

2054 Posts
Member #: 452
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 1st Feb, 2015 giannoutsos said:
Hi t@z, what block s that? I have never seen that stamping before. Thick flange?
Thanks John

Hi John

just seen this sorry, seen this. Im not to sure i got it off Eden off here as i swapped blocks with him.

T

www.twitter.com/lilpinkiy

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

as per normal i won't do much off the talking but mostly let the pictures do it. slowly getting there thanks to lee.

hoping to see the light!

HEAD

BLOCK

GEARBOX

kitch

60 Posts
Member #: 1066
Advanced Member

germany

Looking good! What did you paint the inside of the block with and for what reason?

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

Looks good.

Not sure I'd paint the inside of engine though! Imagine the damage if it flaked off!?

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

place i know have done this for years and never had any issues with it. their engines are a lot more £££££ than this lil thing so if it had given them any issues racing etc im sure they would have stopped doing it.

plus adds 10 bhp right?

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

We do it to all high spec stuff, we use an insulation paint thats oil resistant, basically what they paint the inside of transformers with i think.

Does it help? who knows! but it doesnt peel off.

slater

1030 Posts
Member #: 1291
Post Whore

Suffolk / Birmingham

-

Edited by slater on 17th May, 2015.

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Vizard recommends painting the inside of the block "to seal in any remaining particles " !!!! and to allow the oil to drain down more quickly

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

as this place can seem as dry as a pair of nuns knickers off late i'll post some updates.

work has happened, getting there.

thanks to lee mostly for it getting this far. We've had a few disastrous failings the last few weeks. block needing tapping more for head studs, not enough bolts or lacking tools and one random head gasket later so had to order another. Needless to say it has taken a bit longer than one might expect.

However it's getting there, soon will be time to bring it home, or to its temp home while the engine goes in.

Edited by t@z on 16th Jul, 2015.

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

As i said i would update i've just realised that while i have been doing bits its probably not much to write home about.... *happy*

So the ermmm where to start. I had a lot of holidays in Aug and Oct so not much got done there, traveled some with work in between so that took some hit on progress as well next think you know bam here we are.

I spent a lot of time faffing about on ebay with adapters and arguing with myself how i will route the water cooling for the turbo and also get the right angle for the oil return. As i never ran a speedo anyway i attacked the speedo drive casing for an easier return with and got an aeroquip welded on the outside to screw hose too. just to help flow etc etc.

[/url]

i then bought a new toy :)
[/url]

Lee and i then spent some night at this local establishment.

The end result and after some wallet rapeage from MED and MS and some spice girls magic... 2 finally become 1 with some new spacers (thanks lee)

Currently the assembly is with MiniSpeed to be balanced and i hope to get this all collected Saturday.

I've also ordered all the wiring for the Nodiz, finally see how this thing works soon and if it was a bit of a bad buy. Time will tell. Also ordered the EWP80 and controller as some people do on here. Messing around with fans as well took some time and by god what a pain. Anyway hopefully that is all resolved but wont know till it comes to fitting.

Last bit managed to faff around with a friends help to get the wheels straight as its being moved to a dry place to work in a few week. Mega happy about that as the engine and car will come together and i can start (he says) making some progress getting it back together.

I'll update as and when stuff happens, thanks for reading :)

madmk1

5417 Posts
Member #: 6181
Double hard bastard

brookwood woking

Looks really good mate! And no pink to be seen lol.

What Spring caps are they mate? Never seen red before ...

I have started posting on Instagram also my name on there is turbomk1golf

Nothing is impossible it just costs more and takes longer.

On 1st Nov, 2007 Ben H said:
There is no such thing as 'insignificant weight saving', it all adds up.

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 6th Jan, 2016 madmk1 said:
Looks really good mate! And no pink to be seen lol.

What Spring caps are they mate? Never seen red before ...

it was part of the agreement for lee to help me build the engine. as well im an excel office warrior and he does this daily he had me by the big and danglys :)

they are these https://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/C-AEA528.aspx kinda glad they turned up red. Do i get 10bhp per cap?

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Looks good! Not far off ay!

Mike-998

882 Posts
Member #: 9774
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Always liked this car, pretty sure it was one of the builds responsible for convincing me to go turbo!

Glad you're still making progress

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...tid=469104&fr=0

D4VE

2974 Posts
Member #: 10749
Post Whore

lowestoft suffolk

Just read thru the whole lot.. i like the look of this car also... this is a good example of maybe reposting some missing pics

Did anyone ever pull you up again on the 's' word? *tongue*

Edited by D4VE on 6th Jan, 2016.

On 24th Oct, 2015 jonny f said:
Nothing gets past Dave lol

NOTHING GETS PAST ME!! *tongue*

1/4 mile 14.7 @ 96mph 12psi boost
Showdown class A 2nd place 18.6 @ 69mph

jamestar

489 Posts
Member #: 9159

Devon

Good work!

How have you don'e your RTS? Have you nut and bolted the two springs together or tapped a thread into one of them? What springs have you used and what power are you expecting?

Can you tell i'm going to be building an RTS soon... ha! *happy*

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

hi all

thanks, actually getting a bit of motivation back after posting!

about the pictures im not sure what has happened but if they are gone i would say they are probably lost to the internet goblins

for the RTS we just followed this guide (http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=437563), very useful. seeing as springs are non existent on ebay or seemed to be when i was looking i had to order 2 brand new AP kits from minispares. pain in the arse milling off the studs heads and splitting. and just used AP bolts once it was threaded.

jamestar

489 Posts
Member #: 9159

Devon

Thanks for the link, time for some reading

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

quick update.

engine is ready to come home from its place of temporary residence while building for the last few years

still have work to do as you can see i am missing bits but most off these are either at home or i'll order.

fingers crossed this page should become a bit more active.

AlexB
Site Admin

6263 Posts
Member #: 1
The boring bloke who runs this place.

Berkshire

Saw it on Instagram, but it really looks good mate.

Can't help but panic seeing that phone sat on the desk though. Eek!

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

On 29th Jan, 2016 AlexB said:
Saw it on Instagram, but it really looks good mate.

Can't help but panic seeing that phone sat on the desk though. Eek!

Thanks Alex, feels good to have the option to bring it home!

haha don't worry that's lees phone. he does this day in day out so he is a seasoned veteran when it comes to phone placement around engines :)

Edited by t@z on 29th Jan, 2016.

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

so phase 2 of the 2016 operation is also now complete!!

early morning start for collection

Sitting happy where i can sort the brake lines in and everything perfect in the dry!

also sorted out transportation to get the engine back so that will happen in the next 2 weeks.

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Chop chop *wink*.

Looking great.

t@z

2054 Posts
Post Whore

Chester, UK

Been busy with lots off faffing!

There isnt much in the way off pictures but so to speak but i have been busy when i have been able to be.

Think Automotive has become my new home most fridays @4pm.

So far i have run all new front lines, measured and then cut and crimped. Because i am running a bias that is located inside mounted to the bulkhead box I was toying with the idea off trying to use the existing lines in the car for the rears but the other weekend things just werent working out. Basically my bias is to low and the original rear line in the engine bay was to high. Dremel time and laziness to feed it behind the front & rear subby it was removed. I now after getting some bits spare from Think friday i ended up getting the rears measured (off to think tonight or tomorrow). Also resulted in me having to probably get the rear left & right lines re made as well thanks to fucking threads.

Something from test fitting the above also meant that some of the sound deadening has cracked off so i will be hitting that as well ASAP although a task i had been avoiding due to people saying its a shit job. However it is cold so maybe that will work in my favour.

I spent sometime fighting with the wiper motor so at the moment it is mounted inside, not sure if it works at all but it i havent changed anything so fingers crossed it works! :/

mocked everything up and realised the turbo rubs on the block... again as my old T2 did again. must be a thing with this v1 matty manifold but its not the end off the world just all takes time on off on off do up studs. In conjunction i also did the return messing around with different return adapters i have, boy do i hate push on hoses!!

so planning in my attempt to use the water cooling on the turbo and erm failing. well not to the point of giving up but still it needs a rethink. so im thinking off changing the adapter sticking out to a bango to give me more clearance as it rubs currently on exhaust = /fail!

still to do is:

- wire in nodiz
- remove sound deadening
- fit engine
- bleed brakes
- make exhaust
- make passenger side engine steady
- fit seat rails
- fit seat
- get seat re stuffed (i have an old seat that looks cool just no padding)
- sort out dash
- wire in water pump & controller

So as you can see loads to do and im sure i have forgotten some bits off it.

regards

Home > Show Us Yours! > lil grey
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: