Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > For Sale > IHI RHF4, Nice small turbo. 998 turbo perhaps *SOLD*

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

I bought this a couple of years ago with the intention of building a 998 turbo. This turbo is ideal for the 998 and good for 170hp.

Those who have looked at the IHI data will know that there is little available. I have for the last couple of years dredged the depths of google and I believe the information below will be the most comprehensive that you will find anywhere other than with IHI or thier dealers. The information is a cumulation of verious pages on the web, those of which I do not recall or have links for, so if anyone outside of TM recognoses this info as thier own, the credit is yours.

Im selling this as I doubt I will get round to it in the next 10 years, lol

Im looking for £150, this is for a brand new IHI RHF4 turbo, two cast outlet elbows (different orientation), turbine inlet and outlet laminated steel gaskets (not shown in pics). All brand new.

This is a ball bearing turbo, and very compact :)

Details

VB420081 - IHI part number

AS12 - IHI spec number

Breakdown of the above number

A - type of aplication (A - Agriculture, C - Construction, V - Vehicle)

S - OEM ( S - Shibaura, Y - Yanmar, A - VM, B - Toyota, F - Subaru, I - Isuzu, L - Fiat, N - Nissan, P - JIT, Q - Diahatsu, R - Kia, T - Mitsubushi, V - Mercedes, VP - Citroen/ Peugeot)

12 - ? - Engine / Mode/ capacityl perhaps?

The above information directly relates to the following

RHF4-46001P8.5NHBRL323CAZ - IHI build spec number

RH - Compressor rotation/ housing - RH - Clockwise/ Right handed

F - Model generation

4 - Core size

4600 - 46mm Turbine inducer tip width

1 - ?

P8.5 - A/R (Metric, divide by 25.4 for comparable imperial A/R figures = 0.33)

BRL - Compressor wheel Back Rake 'Back Rake Large' (angle of the exducer blades)

32 - 32mm compressor housing inlet

3 -?

CAZ - ?

Service parts and exploded schematic on Turbomaster http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/ihi_parts_list/VB420081.php

Compressor map (best anyone can find) The pink box is the one to look at. The right line is the surge line and the left line is the choke line, pretty much the same as any other map, the only thing it doesnt show is the efficiency. Normally the center of the map is the highest efficiency and it is suggested to select the turbo for the aplication so that peak power actualy sits towards the choke line so the lower end dows not streach beyond th surge line.

Specification

Cutaway drawing

Edited by Sprocket on 14th Jan, 2010.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

barney morgan

3 Posts
Member #: 7837

please phone barney @ 079 345 06 545 and I will buy your IHI RHF4 turbo
dr.diesel@blueyonder.co.uk

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

I am not phoning anyone, lol. use the private messenger instead

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Home > For Sale > IHI RHF4, Nice small turbo. 998 turbo perhaps *SOLD*
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: