Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Paul S trials and testing > Datalogs from MITP

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Couple of logs from MITP. Sturgeo was driving and will post his times later.

Two near identical runs, time wise but very different logs for first gear. In the first, the tyres just spun all the way through first gear and it was running at 6k until he changed up. Second looks odd, not much boost in first, still spinning tyres in second gear but settles down nicely.

Even though I increased the fuel pressure yesterday, i need to increase the fueling a bit.

Otherwise, decent match of AFRs.

Attachments:

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

I guessed you would post as soon as you could...

Outers still slightly noisy but not as bad as before.

AFRs are as perfect as we could ever hope to achieve.

Hmmm, gear changes a lot faster than you have posted by yourself, so what was the time ?????

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

It was the fastest 998 EFI Turbo at MITP *happy*

Edited by Paul S on 16th Aug, 2009.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

AFR match is really good but it seems the outers are leaning out a bit at high RPM. So, as you say, you probably need to increase fueling a bit.

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Sturgeo's post from the ther thread:

On 16th Aug, 2009 sturgeo said:
I managed a 17.0 @ 79mph with a 2.6 60ft. Also got a near identical 17.0 but terminal speed was 71mph and that had a 2.7 60ft.

We need some gear dependant boost control as the tyres were loosing traction all the way through first and the logs just show it sat at 6000rpm for a few seconds :)

A good day though, my first attempt at drag racing and i enjoyed it, will hopefully go to a few more rwyb as the pod is only 15mins away from home. Just need to get the racer ready for october *happy*

edit: 998cc efi turbo with a non strip friendly 2.95 diff

I'm dead chuffed with that. A full 2 1/2 seconds quicker than my attempt at Avon. With a bit more boost though.

Not spectacular but good for a full weight road car with the spare wheel and jack in the boot. The sort of times that you would expect from 115hp.

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

that 2nd log baffles me, i dont know whats going on at the start...

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

I didn't notice before, I was only looking at the red/yellow traces initially, but I agree, MAP is all wrong at the start....

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

That second trace is very odd.

It doesn't relate to what was actually going on.

I think we must assume that the laptop had a wobble.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Are you reading MAP from the MS or the Innovate kit ?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

MAP comes from the MS. That reading matches the brand newboost gauge so I'm happy with that.

We've been having trouble with a dodgy connector on the LM-1. It drops comms now and then and you loose the whole datastream. This must have happened at the start of the second log.

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

So what's the max RPM now? seems to be 6k in first and second, then hold on a bit more in third.

Times have come down a lot from Avon. I'd say my car has less than 90bhp, full weight running 16s at 9psi with a 3.1diff.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

The rev limiter is set at 6250rpm, so that you can actually get to 6k without it hitting the limiter.

I'm sure that if we fitted a 3.1 diff, some piston buttons and took it to 7k, we would be a lot quicker.

But this car was built as an mpg project. So that's it as far as getting 1/4 mile times from it.

It was useful to run the code in a "race" situation and Sturgeo to get some practise on the strip before we get the Miglia running.

wil_h

9258 Posts
Post Whore

I built mine with similar objectives, and 7k is for race use only really.

so what sort of MPG have you attained, 45 is max for mine on a run, but it averages 40 to 42 on a mixture of A roads and in town.

I think with careful driving, 50 is possibe, but I never drive with fuel econmy in mind.

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

We've not had time to work on optimising the cruise settings yet.

Also, it's too much fun with the turbo that it is very difficult to drive it without giving it beans.

Best is probably around 20mpg so far :$

Once the novelty has worn off, we can do a steady run.

wil_h

9258 Posts
Post Whore

I know that feeling!

Be interesting to have them both at the TM RR day in October. I might have mine ready.

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

just a thought, megalog veiwer does an mpg calculation if you put your gear ratios into it, its only what its doing right at that moment, but could be used to compare two cars at say 50 iin 4th.

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Home > Paul S trials and testing > Datalogs from MITP
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: