Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Paul S trials and testing > Another Log

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Made some slight adjustments on the top end of the map to get more fuel in and took the car for a short trip around the block.

Logged a blast from 0 to 100 mph, around a roundabout and then back up to 100mph.

Added Manifold Air Temperature - need to relocate the air cleaner - but still managed to stay below 5o deg C.

I'm still getting spikes from the LM-1, yellow trace, but it's still too close to the coil.

Edited by Paul S on 31st Aug, 2009.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

Inners seem slightly richer this time.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 31st Aug, 2009 Rob H said:
Inners seem slightly richer this time.

I think that I am close to the point that I cannot get any more fuel in the outers and all the extra will go to the inners.

Not a problem in this instance as I'm running this engine at as high a boost as I plan to go.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

If you are wondering what's going on at 310 seconds, I started to slow for the roundabout because there was a vehicle in front, then realised that if I kept on it a bit longer I could get past him *oh well*

Rob H

4314 Posts

The West Country

In that case I take it that you're at the limit of the injectors.

Would be interesting to know how much power you're actually making with those injectors.

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

From that event at 310 seconds, it seems that it still needs some tuning in that load area to get the perfect AFR match. But at everywhere else seems spot on.

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

Rob H

4314 Posts

The West Country

Can you log the throttle position?

I'm guessing from 310 seconds (and Jean's comments) that so far you've done most of your mapping work at WOT?

Edited by Rob H on 31st Aug, 2009.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I can log TPS, or at least Sturgeo can, probably.

You are correct in that I have concentrated the mapping on WOT because we were planning on running Avon and MITP. I did not want to be running of the optimum at high boost.

It's not far out over the whole range, but needs time to refine. But with all the other projects on the go, it's taking a bit of a sideline.

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

Yeah we can, infact i might have got it logging it aswell and hes not publishing it in the graph.

We've done very little mapping for cruise and as you've said most of it has been for WOT.

EDIT: oops he beat me to it!

Edited by sturgeo on 31st Aug, 2009.

Scruffy

1451 Posts
Member #: 328
Post Whore

Seaford Rise, South Australia

On 31st Aug, 2009 Paul S said:
If you are wondering what's going on at 310 seconds, I started to slow for the roundabout because there was a vehicle in front, then realised that if I kept on it a bit longer I could get past him *oh well*

Will be avoiding Northampton area from now onwards!!!

On 5th Sep, 2011 Vegard said:
I stand corrected. You should know *wink*

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Nice overall but that outer reading is still very noisey....

Maybe more than that, when it spikes, it spikes at the recording (or sampling) limit quite often.

Is it possibly a wiring fault ??? you spoke earlier on another thread about a dodgey plug IIRC.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

The widebands are too close to the coil and HT leads. I've wrapped the sensors in bacofoil, but still cannot isolate them completely from the ignition noise.

I had much stabler readings until I shifted the widebands onto the sample tubes and near the coil.

I'm about to change the LM-1 for an AEM gauge. I'll try and sort it out then.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

The trial was on our private test track which has a dual carriageway.

The vehicle was there for authenticity purposes *happy*

I might try MK for real word testing :)

On 31st Aug, 2009 Scruffy said:

On 31st Aug, 2009 Paul S said:

Will be avoiding Northampton area from now onwards!!!

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

MK has lots of roundabouts for testing :)

Scruffy

1451 Posts
Member #: 328
Post Whore

Seaford Rise, South Australia

On 31st Aug, 2009 sturgeo said:
MK has lots of roundabouts for testing :)

Cannot be used for mapping as they are already in use for suspension testing! :)

Edited by Scruffy on 31st Aug, 2009.

On 5th Sep, 2011 Vegard said:
I stand corrected. You should know *wink*

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

am i right in reading that as running 25+ psi?

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

25 psi absolute, so 10psi boost.

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

ahh

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

Home > Paul S trials and testing > Another Log
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: