Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Prawns 1380 trackday Toy: on the rollers at Slark today

Prawn

667 Posts
Member #: 5232
Post Whore

basingstoke

Oli: I do normally run a grille, I just didn't have it on at the time we took these pics!

Headlamp rings it also usually has, but one fell off when I spun it on the ring, so I just taped them up to make it look symetrical for now!

I totally agreee with your comment Rob, I feel the wheels let it down too now. I wanted miglia arches, but as my wheels are too narrow the arches are cut down a LOT to look a bit better, once the engine is sorted, I'll be after some force racing 7x10's for sure!

Dale, my fat arse weighs it down enough as it is! The pic cleverly hides the true extent of my fat bastard status.

Mr. Prawn, the friendly Crustacean- slowly making steps towards forced induction.

cossierick

3074 Posts
Member #: 1348
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

Very nice prawn.

When are you planning on being finished for.

Rick

Oli

1733 Posts
Member #: 1910
Post Whore

Wilts

Now that looks perfect bud!

On 15th Jul, 2009 fastcarl said:
the pissed up clown stood back up, did a twirl and left bollock naked,

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

Well, I've bought two MPI engines now, one totally standard and complete, and today I bought an MPI bottom end from Eaton_mini with the 18cc accralites :)

The plan is to drop in the standard 1275cc MPI engine exactly as it is, running megajolt V4 and an hif44 carb. funds depending, that'll be before xmas, then I've got two weeks off at christmas, during which time I intend to fit the charger and get it running on low boost (I'm told the MPI pulleys will see around 8psi)

In the background whilst I'm charging the standard 1275, I'll have my jack knight box rebuilt, and use the crank and rods from my current 1380 to build up the new engine :)

Should have the new engine in and running before riv run hopefully!

Mr. Prawn, the friendly Crustacean- slowly making steps towards forced induction.

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDSK2fopLpI...player_embedded
a little vid I did the other day. excuse the shit quality!

Edited by Prawn on 17th Oct, 2009.

Timinichelsea

203 Posts
Member #: 479

I like that. looks really smart.

Jason G

4360 Posts
Member #: 1459
En-suite user

Braintree, Essex

I like this car! Very nice.

On 19th Jan, 2010 wil_h said:
I would start the furthest place from the finish.

On 24th Mar, 2012 apbellamy said:
I feel all special knowing that I've given your mum my wood.

Been neglecting Turbo'd 'A' series..............

akirch

337 Posts
Member #: 399

Austria

Very nice car, very nice pics! Love it! *smiley*
Put a grille on it and its perfect. Dont change the engine.

http://www.minifreunde.at

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

cheers mate, but the engine needs changing, it's just not fast enough at the moment!

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

Well I guess I'm one step closer to getting the new engine in:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150402713603

I hope that wasn't a rash buy. it's had all the hard work done in cleaning it, being ultrasonicaly cleaned I'd hope the internal airways are all clear, plus of course it's rebuilt already with a genuine SU turbo kit, so that saves a fair bit of hasstle.

Just need to source a turbo inlet, throttle cable plate, and a plenum now (possibly sorted from Phil)

Then I need to buy the ECU on payday, and I'm ready to drop the engine in :)

maccamcvey

847 Posts
Member #: 6673
Post Whore

Worral Sheffield

Looks flecking awesome! Like you say the wheels let it down a tad, but should look perfect with some splits on. What seats are they? look just what i am after, cobra clubmans? any chance of a pic?

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

The seats are cobra monaco sports mate.

I'll try and find some decent pics when I'm at work tomorow, I'm on the netbook now so have feck all here!

hughesmarkie

232 Posts
Member #: 1197

Dublin Ireland

love this car Prawn.. top work and a nice vid *smiley*

Miniwilliams

5329 Posts
Member #: 140
Proven 200+bhp & Avon Park 05,06,07 Class D 3rd place

I like it looks super.

Best 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds @116 mph
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on a carb?
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on Injection?

http://www.mattwoodsphotography.com

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

Can't believe i've only just seen this, Very Nice.

As the boss says, this is what hopefully our racer will end up looking like :)

Wile E. Coyote

481 Posts
Member #: 7893

Portsmouth

Beautifull car !

My 79 Clubman Build Thread - http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=451008

Jamie.

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

Cheers guys, I'm certainly missing the use of it in all this snow lately! i tried to get it out of the garage the other day for a blast, but my garage is at the bottom of a hill, and A032's just don't do too much in the snow!

Looking forward to going to the Slark rolling road day in 2 weeks time to get a benchmark figure there. it'll be interesting to get a comparison of the old and new engines on the same rollers.

I wonder how many of the 100 horses at the wheels will be left, my guess is not many!

sturgeo

857 Posts
Post Whore

Northants

On 12th Jan, 2010 Prawn said:
A032's just don't do too much in the snow!

hahaha, other than a slick i dont think you'll find a less suitable tyre :)

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

it does make it incredibly interesting though.

Another highlight for me was driving through 7'' of snow when the floorpan sits just 2.5'' off the tarmac! Surfing on the floorpan was a whole new experience!

minimole23

4301 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

How much does this little beastie weigh?

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

Far too much!

600kg on 2 different weighbridges both with a full 30 litre tankfull (so 30kg) that's in full road trim with both seats and the boot boards in. so without fuel it's 570kg all in :) i guess tripped of it's passenger seat and boot boards on a trackday it's about 560 dry.

that's with full glass all round and wind up windows though. So much to be lost in the doors and glass

Edited by Prawn on 12th Jan, 2010.

minimole23

4301 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Thats not too bad really, I saw the boot and assumed it had been on a massive diet. 30 litres of fuel must be about enough to get that engine up to the end of the road! mines no better though.

Mine is going to get attacked big time with a grinder soon to loose some more weight.:)

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

Pottsy

460 Posts
Member #: 843

Stoke-on-Trent. Duck.

Prawn, looks stunning Sir. Love the grey roof too, nice touch!

Seems a bit of a shame to lose a nice spec engine too - but forced induction really is the way forward eh *wink* looking forward to keeping an eye on how things progress...

Pottsy.

Prawn

667 Posts
Post Whore

basingstoke

it's been on a fair diet, but nothing serious or drilled yet. that's all yet to come! it's got a carbon front end, FG boot, rear beam, and alloy tank, but nothing has been lightened as of yet, more just parts replaced with lightweight.

It's hard knowing where to focus really. the engine's been untouched for years, aside from a new head and carb a year ago to up the power a tad, it was built in 2006. a year ago i finished a fairly major rebuild, and I've been enjoying it ever since really, but felt the need for more power all along.

Once it's charged, everything FG will be replaced with carbon, as well as a carbon roof, I'll probably go with ally door skins and poly carb windows, as well as replacing the nasty fiesta brakes with some alloy 4 pots.

if I could get it down to about 550kg with around 160bhp I'd be very happy indeed, that'd be around 290bhp/ton.

sturgeo

857 Posts
Post Whore

Northants

thats a good weight for a road going mini, whats the general spec of the car?

Home > Show Us Yours! > Prawns 1380 trackday Toy: on the rollers at Slark today
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: