Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Paul S trials and testing > RR Day Logs

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Took it out yesterday to impress Sprox and the LC-1 died on us.

Error code 2, heater circuit open or sensor disconnected.

Actualy the sensor was loose in the sample chamber :$ Obviously had not tightened it enough. Probably the rattling around had damaged the sensor.

Changed the sensor for a spare and all is well *smiley*

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Glad you fixed it mate:)

And there is no way that is a 998!!! *hehe!*

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Is it possible then that an air leak was causing your erroneous readings (or is the LC-1 on the inner cylinders) ???

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 25th Oct, 2009 Rod S said:
Is it possible then that an air leak was causing your erroneous readings (or is the LC-1 on the inner cylinders) ???

The LC-1 is on the Inners, so I'm not expecting it to have been reading that far out. Usually it will read lean if air is getting in. That's certinly not the case on the Inners.

Anyway, it can only have come loose since last Sunday when I checked the calibration.

I will take it out sometime just to check nothing has shifted with the sensor change.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Well, I'm going back to Northampton in the morning for another go on the RR.

I've improved the ignition system with better plugs and leads but I'm more inclined to think that the main cause of the ragged power curve was due to odd behaviour of the pulse widths. The torque curve dips every time the pulse width dips and I expect we are only picking up a few of the dips on the log.

We should be seeing around 115hp at 5500rpm and a peak torque of about 105 lb ft.

Wish me luck.

Jimster
Site Admin

9401 Posts
Member #: 58
455bhp per ton
12 sec 1/4 mile road legal mini

Sunny Bridgend, South Wales

Good stuff, sounds like you've got it sorted, keep us posted how you get on tomorrow

Team www.sheepspeed.com Racing

On 15th May, 2009 TurboDave said:

I think the welsh one has it right!

1st to provide running proof
of turbo twinkie in a car and first to
run a 1/4 in one!!

Is your data backed up?? directbackup.net one extra month free for all Turbo minis members, PM me for detials

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

good luck, hope you have it sorted this time :)

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Home > Paul S trials and testing > RR Day Logs
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: