Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > FAQ / Knowledge > will fiesta caliper fit on 8.4" solid disc?

Andrew 998 mini

54 Posts
Member #: 5639
Advanced Member

Weert Holland

On 12th Jan, 2010 Rob H said:
On 10th Jan, 2010 gr4h4m said:
about 6 months before me, I like them, but I'm thinking of swapping to a yellow tag MC. What do you run?

I'm still running the original Rover MC with built in servo, seems to work OK so why change it.

On 10th Jan, 2010 Andrew 998 mini said:

Sorry for asking silly questions:$ but, on what are you running the setup? turbo-ed? power? how do they handel spiritid driving , hard brakeing etc. with pads are you useing or do you prefer?

I woul like to know then i know what to expect!

Embarrassingly the 1293 turbo lump is still sat under the work bench & the mirage kit is in Birmingham I think so the BOC is running a Stage 1 MG Metty lump for now. I found the brakes more than up to any thing I can give them on the roads, managed to get them to lock up in the wet on the way to MITP a couple of years back but never managed to lock the wheels in the dry.

I hven't got eny spacers i did have a good look to see if thay would bolt straight on an also thought of doing the other thing by spacing out the flange but then the driveshaft/center hub nut wil not take to the threds in the drive shaft.

I gave the 8.4 discs to a mate with my mesurments and het turnd them down on a lathe for me.

Would you say the fiesta calipers may be to much fot the standard MC as you haven't locked them on the dry so far?

Thanks Rob for your shareing your experiance with the setup

Cheers, Andrew

1983 mini down paid, must collect soon and get welding!

Andrew 998 mini

54 Posts
Advanced Member

Weert Holland

On 12th Jan, 2010 robert said:
7.9 disc ,mini flanges .

How did you manage that Robbert??? i had a look at mine and found the caliper support bracket would fowl the disc?

What did you alter/do to get the set up to fit?

Thanks

Cheers, Andrew

robert

6744 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

its so long ago i cant remember the specifics i took some off the caliper mounting face ,and some off the face of the disc that mounts to the flange ,its possibly the first fiesta conversion that will fit in a 3.5 inch mk1 steel wheel .ill see ifi can find some measuremnts.

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Yo-Han

971 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

I used metro flanges (with fins removed) this pulls out the disk enough to fit. Wanted to rework miniparts to eliminate added tracking width.

I found the Yellow tag MC didn't have enough capacity; it worked but very long stroke and soft pedal.
I have fitted the standard servo type (green tag?) now all work very well.

Dazed and Confused....

Andrew 998 mini

54 Posts
Advanced Member

Weert Holland

yipppyy,

Just come from the shed and got the fiesta calipers working ( feel mutch more powerfull than the 8.4 setup) even thou they still need to bed in properly.

I have basicly followd the "how to youtube film" But i have done one thing different.

Where I am in holland there is a lac of shops that wil make up custom hoses so after mutch thought i dicided to drill and tap the caliper chamber to take the standard mini hose.

before i started i mesured a good 11 mm of caliper wall thicknes and after milling a flat face for the copper washer to seal i still had a good 7,5 mm of wall thikness so i taped the 8mm hole to 3/8 24 UNF (standard mini hose thred) and testfitted a hose it niped up tight and so i bolted the whole lot on bled tha brakes and went for a gentle test drive.

Time will tell if this method/setup is safe however i feel verry confidant it is safe and boy is there stopping power!! way better than my old but in good service 8.4 disc setup. the brake feel and respons is way better.

as for the original M10x1 hole in the caliper where the fiesta brake hose would normaly go i fount a bleed nipple off a rangerover (86 on) caliper seald that nicely. you culd also just get an extra pair of standard fiesta bleed nippels at a scrappy when you go looking for a pare of calipers.

Noew i just need to sort out a duff master cillinder it takes to pums to get good pressure , I think the standard master cillinder isn't moving enough fluid to get a direct hard peddle feel.

Eny suggestions ( apart from air as the system is certainly air free)
I have had the idiea the master cillinder is on its way out for a while now as it tended to lose brake fluid evry so often and i nevver found a leak , thus think the mastercillinder must be leaking into the booster?

Edited by Andrew 998 mini on 30th Jan, 2010.

Cheers, Andrew

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

well from your post you should check the MC out..

Rears not adjusted can also give a low pedal on the first push as you have had to move all of the pistons out first.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

its worth letting the pads bed in a bit,

when i put my wilwoods on (with massive pistons) the pedal was really long at first, but after a week or so all that fibrey grassy loose stuff you get on a new pad had gone and the pedal was much nearer the top.

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Andrew 998 mini

54 Posts
Advanced Member

Weert Holland

I am getting a new master cillinder on monday just to be on the safe side, i will also re-chek the rears for adjustment. bedding in of the fronts will also help

cros examining shows the fiesta MC to be the same diamiter (20.6 mm) as the mini MC I am running. the rear cillinders on the fiesta are a little bigger.

so with regards to whether or not the mini MC is up to the job iŽd say it is a good match.

Cheers, Andrew

Home > FAQ / Knowledge > will fiesta caliper fit on 8.4" solid disc?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: