Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > 2018 and beyond!

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Member #: 375
Post Whore

Leicestershire

That should say resealed! God dam phone :) Hopefully it will hold together until MITP this year :)

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

I rebuilt my master about 10 years ago now, it's still working so far.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

eden7842

1755 Posts
Member #: 8852
Post Whore

leicestershire

pull it out the barn and run the engine in to coalville mate, would be nice to it out

13.95 1/4 mile on a 2.95 fd. Carnt be that hard to beat!

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

Wish I could loads of problems at the minute! Trying to see if I can get a mot booked for wednesday!

eden7842

1755 Posts
Post Whore

leicestershire

whats wrong atm then?

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

I have managed to sort alot of issues recently but my run of Mini related bad luck continued at MITP! Saturday I was testing the car on the road and a inner pot joint decided to give way. The cage had developed some slop an all the balls fell out.

A quick trip to edens up the road and managed to get one from his girlfriends car that he was stripping. Cheers pal :)

I fitted that and took it for a test drive with no problems. Whilst shunting the car for a was the clutch seemed not to be clearing. Tried bleeding the system to no avail. Decided it was a fault with the master cyclinder as the pedal had gone spongy.

We decided that we would take the car to MITP and buy one there and hopefully have a good day on the strip.

Unfortunately after swapping the master an slave it still wasn't working! A bit of further investigation was done and we found the primary gear had stuck to the crank! Gutted:(

I've now pulled it to pieces and the floating bush has slighty binded onto the crank. I can't see why it has as I had it all rebushed when I had my crank ground last year. The bush has been modified in accordance with the Minispares article also.

I'm starting to think MITP the park isn't the show for us as the car is usually broke or breaks there!

2009 Clutch arm bent.
2010 Thrust died on the first run.
2011 Gearbox was broke after Avon.
2012 Primary gear bush

New bush is coming tomorrow the crank just needs a polish so should be up and running again. Hopefully make it to pod again in a couple of weeks :)

Ron

dev 11

538 Posts
Member #: 9393
Use the search function before buying stuff from me...

stoke on trent

Walked past you working on it on the trailer would of said hi but you looked busy lol

1380rich

412 Posts
Member #: 9766

Warwickshire

Such shit luck at pod mate, let me know when it's fixed. Planning on a day at Avon/pod in a few weeks :)

Avon 2010 class c 3rd
Avon 2011 class c 2nd 13.8 @ 98mph

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

unlucky chap, lemme know when you're heading again and i'll head down for a watch too.

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

Looking at the calenders there's not alot happening till September now, but will let ya know!

eden7842

1755 Posts
Post Whore

leicestershire

Does the primary have to be reemed? Culd have been a bit tight maybe?

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

The bush that seized on was the floating bush so will just replace that. The top hat bush was fitted and machined by my engine man when I had the crank done and that's fine!

Miniwilliams

5329 Posts
Member #: 140
Proven 200+bhp & Avon Park 05,06,07 Class D 3rd place

Sorry about all this mate. keen your chin up.

Best 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds @116 mph
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on a carb?
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on Injection?

http://www.mattwoodsphotography.com

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Ron, did you use the med clubman gear kit during the second major failure or were both failed sets the minispares ones?

I'm just trying to work out whether to go for the med clubman kit, but if its the same as the minispares one I'll just buy a full minispares evolution set.

Thanks

James

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

mercenary62

641 Posts
Member #: 9937
Post Whore

somewhereintheuniverse near selkirk scotland

not good when your balls fall out mate but keep going youl get there

give em hell

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

The second set to break was from med I'm not saying it was the same as the Minispares but would be very surprised if it wasn't. It looked identical, also my drop gears from med came in a Minispares box.

I would still use the Minispares clubman set if your 1st and reverse are ok.

Also sorted the primary gear. I got a new floating bush and had the old man shorten and put a large chamfer on the end so it doesn't ride up the radius on the crank. Also bored the top hat bush an set the end float to max clearance, aswell as polishing the crank with wet an dry and autosol to stop the bushes picking up!

Sorry there's no pictures but I currently have no pc or camera!

Ron

eden7842

1755 Posts
Post Whore

leicestershire

all running again then mate?

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

Not fully up and running, got a miss fire issue which I can't solve. Been too busy spannering at work so lacking motivation to fix it. It's hurting the pocket and ruining what little social life I have at the minute. So it's been put in the garage for a couple of weeks :(

shellspeed

580 Posts
Member #: 9580
Post Whore

Surrey

Have you done a compression test. Mine sounded like a mis fire and had several people guessing. Changed almost all the ignition system only to find it was the head gasket.

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

Well time for a quick update. Just a couple of pictures of my recent activitys.

Earlier this year I got rid of my land rover battery and replaced it with a race type with a healthy weight saving. I removed the hump frOm the passenger inner wing and mounted it on a cradle.

I have fitted a battery cut off that goes into the car via the inner front wheel arch so it can be turned off when stored.

The only problem I have found is the main battery cable is running along side the cas wiring and giving me all sorts of issues. I am currently rewiring the ecu and rerouting the wiring.

I have also fitted a 2.5 inch v band connector to my wastegate to remove the metro elbow. I just need to get the pipe work to make the downpipe.

Hopefully this should give my stone age turbo some improvement :)

The clutch is now operational and better than ever. I cleaned the crank and polished with autosol. I have also had the primary gear to crank tolerance opened out to stop it binding up in the future. Got a few plans over winter, will just have to see how it goes :)

Ron

madmk1

5417 Posts
Member #: 6181
Double hard bastard

brookwood woking

Looks good Ron, I was thinking of putting my battery there.

simon.

I have started posting on Instagram also my name on there is turbomk1golf

Nothing is impossible it just costs more and takes longer.

On 1st Nov, 2007 Ben H said:
There is no such thing as 'insignificant weight saving', it all adds up.

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

I have just fully rewired the ecu. I have ran the crank angle wiring along the drivers side subframe brace with the battery running the opposite side.

I have also made a common earth point behind the dash wired directly to the negative of the battery.

I have taken it out today and scared myself, having not driven it since August I had forgot how well it goes! Car starts on the button sits and idles lovely and drives all the way to the limiter without a misfire :)

Shame its took till now to sort all the niggles as the weather is now pants and the tax runs out at the end of the month. just made up its running like it used too!

Ron

Nick
Forum Mod

4823 Posts
Member #: 154
Post Whore

Midlands

Good to hear it dude! at least you'll be ready to get on it as soon as avon opens next year then!

On 20th Oct, 2015 Tom Fenton said:

Well here is the news, you are not welcome here, FUCK OFF.

eden7842

1755 Posts
Post Whore

leicestershire

Good to hear its working mate, you shoulda dropped in for a cuppa!

Star Mag

1745 Posts
Post Whore

Leicestershire

That's the plan Nick! Im hoping to set it setup on some rollers when I have sorted the turbo/downpipe so should be good to go!

Eden would have done if I was passing but just went for a country blast :)

Home > Show Us Yours! > 2018 and beyond!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: