Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > 998cc > turbo 850?

richardsoniscool

16 Posts
Member #: 5350

Suffolk

got it, well explained paul!

this is exactly the stuff i need to know, like the rods you mentioned a few posts up - the pint of this thread, cheers

1978 - 850 - 1275cc MG Spec engine - Turbo build soon....

dialup_2001

55 Posts
Member #: 9430
Advanced Member

Sorry to jump in, but about all this lowering compression etc, I found from experience with my first marina turbo build, that I just bolted the turbo on, ran an electric pump with no regulator but a cut off (so no rising rate from the boost sense that a malpassi has) and about four hours later I was going sideways, second turbo build, standard cc pistons (although hepalites) and that was just a bolt on job (about 20 hours in total this time with afr gauge, rising rate regulator, return pipe, proper oil return etc and have covered 6,000 miles of which 5,000 were probably smoking sideways round roundabouts running 13psi, mixture crap, timing crap and sometimes runs on three!

Point of this blabble?

You can bolt and ride, it doesn't go bang straight away or something, now I have a stripped 1293 block on the engine stand ready to start a 150bhp build.
Doing it properly this time.

Why am I in this thread? Because I have a spare 1962 mini lying around, an 850 and I think I will turbo it. I have so many a series blocks lying around either in british leyland crap or in the garage, I have a shelf just for turbos and hif44s so why not.

I wonder if that AEG163 cooper head would have fitted the 850 to any gain?

Home > 998cc > turbo 850?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: