Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Meziere Pump Mounting

GaryOS

1424 Posts
Member #: 2810
Formally spanner181187

Dublin, Ireland

Just a quick question. I will be mounting my WP136S soon. The info with the pump doesn't mention anything about how to mount it. I want to put it on the subframe or rad bracket where the old rad was. Do I need to mount it through rubber mounts or can I solid mount it onto something like the subframe?

Matty, Nic and anyone else with similar pumps,how did you mount it?

On 12th Nov, 2009 Paul S said:

I think Gary OS has taken over my role as the forum smart arse *happy*

On 30th Apr, 2010 Rod S said:
Gary's description is best

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

i just drilled 2 holes on the side of the subframe where it has a lip going up and bolted it through there, no rubber mounts

GaryOS

1424 Posts
Formally spanner181187

Dublin, Ireland

Excellent, thanks for that Nic. I'll do something similar

matty

8297 Posts
Member #: 408
Turbo Love Palace Fool

Aylesbury

I made some fancy nancy ally bracket made up and then bent it whist removing my engine! lol

Mine has no rubber mounts either.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Fabri..._homepage_panel

www.fusionfabs.co.uk

1/4mile in 13.2sec @ 111 terminal on 15psi

GaryOS

1424 Posts
Formally spanner181187

Dublin, Ireland

Cheers Matty. Whatever I make would probably look better after it gets bent to shit *happy* . I'll probably use steel too as I don't have any ally knocking about

monsterob

264 Posts
Member #: 11029

Crewe

Is 10 years a good time to re-open a thread ?

have you guys used a controller or do you just run them on all the time ?

*smiley*

Outside the box

Nic

9311 Posts

Herefordshire

Mine is on all the time, however knowing what I know now this may not be the most efficient way to do it.

Is there a controller available for them?

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

GaryOs, whatever happened to him ? Lol

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

I run mine on all the time.
I have it plumbed in the dry deck hose. works well with my big Chinese rad. I also have a small scooter rad plumbed in the front.

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

monsterob

264 Posts

Crewe

i was contemplating using the Davies Craig controller with it however i think i am going to run it with a 82 degree stat plumb the heater outlet to the turbo then heater to thermostat housing as the bypass i have it dry decked and have an Audi 80 radiator to front mount inside the bmw intercooler in the front of my clubby estate. i'm at the point where i'm ready to drop the engine in and make all the pipework up but this bloody virus means i cant get to the car as were all in lockdown *frown*
did a lot of reading last night *indifferent*

Edited by monsterob on 31st Mar, 2020.

Outside the box

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

I’m pretty sure you can’t use a stat with the electric pump ? Hence the use of the controller to regulate temperature.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

monsterob

264 Posts

Crewe

from the reading i did last night (under the influence) as long as the pump is not pumping against a closed stat without a bypass which i proposed as the heater outlet on the head to turbo feed to heater and thermostat housing post stat the stat would still function as it should this coupled with a fan controller set as off at 85 degrees on at 95 should regulate it without the need for an expensive controller?

or was i too under the influence
*Confused*

Edited by monsterob on 31st Mar, 2020.

Outside the box

burcy35

177 Posts
Member #: 10990
Advanced Member

Hornsea

The controller works well for me, I like how the pump and fan runs on after switch off if the motor is still hot to help ease heat soak. And with the front mount rad it never goes over what ever temp I set the controller at even when used on track, which the car is mostly used for.

monsterob

264 Posts

Crewe

Nice one Burcy. i met you at castle combe a few years ago with the crewes missiles you camped up with us.mine was the orange thing with the teeth that wouldnt keep fluids in the engine ! Thing is ive got the Mezeire pump as i didnt like the design of the davies craig ones but dont think anyone using this pump controls it in any other way than off and on.

Outside the box

burcy35

177 Posts
Member #: 10990
Advanced Member

Hornsea

Hi Rob,
Yes I remember, I had a great day and you guys made me very welcome. I remember we all had plenty of great track time.
To be honest most people run them electric water pumps on constant. And as long as you have that bypass set as you say I don't see a problem.
I always wondered if the megajolt would be capable of controlling the pump.
Roy B

monsterob

264 Posts

Crewe

That should be possible as they have many a user output but i'm not sure how confident i would be in my computing skills its not word excel or power point ...... *hehe!*

so question being those that run mezeire water pumps do you have a Stat or a blank ? or other ?

Outside the box

Nic

9311 Posts

Herefordshire

I have a thermostat, but it has a couple of extra holes in it so that it is not pumping against a closed circuit.
If you have a bypass it will do the same, hopefully the turbo will be enough of a restriction so everything doesn’t go that way.

Could the Davies Craig controller be used with this pump?
Roy makes a good point, I have a heated rear window timer relay that always me to switch on the pump to leave it running after switch off

monsterob

264 Posts

Crewe

so would the suggestion be a stat with some extra holes to allow some flow past when
closed?

i was planning to wire the fan relay and inline thermostatic switch to work off the permanent live so the fan runs on after the car is shut off and clock the turbo to allow the thermo siphoning effect to move the water but just as easily could the pump be wired to the thermostatic switch and a perm live to allow it to run on after shutoff with the thermostatic switch if the thermostat had holes to allow flow ?? whos got that can of worms .... ive got my can opener !!!

Outside the box

shane

2618 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Having just wired one, Id say yes as long as the current draw of the pump isn't greater than the Davies item.

On 31st Mar, 2020 Nic said:
I have a thermostat, but it has a couple of extra holes in it so that it is not pumping against a closed circuit.
If you have a bypass it will do the same, hopefully the turbo will be enough of a restriction so everything doesn’t go that way.

Could the Davies Craig controller be used with this pump?
Roy makes a good point, I have a heated rear window timer relay that always me to switch on the pump to leave it running after switch off

JT

2742 Posts
Member #: 637
Post Whore

Hertfordshire

I just have mine wired up with a two step toggle switch. first step is water pump 2nd turns the fan on aswel. I just leave them on for a minute or two after I turn the engine off. it soon looses heat. it's good for the turbo aswel as it's water cooled.

Edited by JT on 1st Apr, 2020.

My build thread..

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=542985

shane

2618 Posts
Member #: 1246
Post Whore

Lowestoft, Suffolk.

As per Nic's previous comment, one of these could be made to work very easily to provide run on for the pump.
https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/heated-window-timer-relay

Alternately, off delay timers are readily available which stay latched after a switched feed is removed and simple to fit.

A thermostat should really be used if not running a controller but an adequate bypass arrangement should be used so the pump isn't pushing against a dead head.

Shane

Edited by shane on 1st Apr, 2020.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Meziere Pump Mounting
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: