Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > FAQ / Knowledge > Help : Anyone had problems with breaking Rockers?

j_d_jag_mini

51 Posts
Member #: 979
Advanced Member

Auckland, New Zealand

Hey Guys,

Its been like 6years since i last was on here last...and last had my turbo mini on the road ! ...time flies!
But the engine is finally back together again...fully rebuilt.

Im running an Avonbar Phase 2 Cam now, I still have standard pressed steel rockers on it at the moment...but i have a problem where it likes to break the rocker adjustment screws in half, this is about the 3rd time now....once one breaks then that valve does not open and close.

Anyone had this problem before?

It has got me puzzled.

Cheers, Jeremy

1975 MkIII Morris Mini 1300 Turbo, 100bhp...if only it could run long enough to drive it legally!

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

I've broken rockers before when the valve springs were binding with the inlets fully open.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

turbominivanman

1105 Posts
Member #: 1504
Post Whore

Westbury, Wiltshire

Yep.

Broken a couple in the past, but usually the sintered A+ variety.

Got to be worth checking that the valve is free to run in the guide, somehow in-situ.

Good luck.

Richard.

Minivanless, but reluctantly happy living with the decision. There'll be another one day.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=minimadmotorman#p/u

MONSTER HEDGEHOG

280 Posts
Member #: 4340

sideways, Birmingham

ive never had that happen, id recon on it being a valve geometry problem or something, has the deck/head been skimmed?

On 15th Dec, 2009 fastcarl said:
sell the lot to me for £70 pounds and i'll let you stand on the outside edge and look on my inner circle of closest frinds, lol

carl

FOR EVERY WELL THOUGHT OUT AND WELL EXECUTED PRICISION JOB EVER CONCIEVED, YOU CAN GUARANTEE THAT SOMEWHERE IN WALSALL OR THE BLACK COUNTRY THERE WILL BE A BLOKE TRYING TO ACHIVE THE SAME BY MEANS OF "ITIN IT WI LUMP AMAR"

j_d_jag_mini

51 Posts
Member #: 979
Advanced Member

Auckland, New Zealand

No Heads only had one light skim in its lifetime probably and heads still standard spec. Valve springs are clear and not binding.
Today i changed the rockers and put on the later cast type...they seem to have more meat around the adjusting screw and even the screw looks slightly larger.
I will take it for a run and see if it does it again.

1975 MkIII Morris Mini 1300 Turbo, 100bhp...if only it could run long enough to drive it legally!

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

how much of the adjuster screw is sticking out, do you have small bore pushrods?

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Home > FAQ / Knowledge > Help : Anyone had problems with breaking Rockers?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: