Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Sc12 Supercharged Small Bore - Teeth in the oil

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

So, been off to see Phil tonight a. Picked up my new shiny head, it's a work of art, pics when get home on Sunday night. I have to say a big thanks to Phil I can't wait to see the results on the dyno

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

So, been off to see Phil tonight a. Picked up my new shiny head, it's a work of art, pics when get home on Sunday night. I have to say a big thanks to Phil I can't wait to see the results on the dyno

robert

6744 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

yes that will be an exciting dyno fest.

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

ok I found some balls and opened up the two water holes at 1 and 4 cylinder and tapped them to M8 and then blocked them with some M8 grub screws using some high strength bearing fit sealing stuff.

So both the block and the head have been blocked, I'm just waiting for a new thrust washer so I can complete the build.

Anyway check out the new head from TurboPhil... I'm loving it...

New top hats, race valves, new double springs, valve guides and a shed load of work from Phil.

Yo-Han

971 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

Nice!

Dazed and Confused....

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Looks sweet dude

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Because Phil has made the head so fast I have painted it green 😄

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

should gone speedwell yellow *wink*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

oh COCK, I forgot that the 1275 rockers are spaced differently so my rockers dont fit which has slowed my progress somewhat today.

I tried re-spacing them but then the push rods touch the push-rod holes in the head. Pisser.

At least the the engine is in the hole and bolted in. I think I will give the card a bash and order some funky 1.3's or some of Calvers 1.4's. but then I'm worried I might hit the block with the valves.

Still onwards and upwards...

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Ok so here is a big update!. After my less successful first attempt into injection, I wanted to make some big changes to the setup.

I wanted to move the injectors closer to the Charger and switch out the SC ECU which didn’t seem to give us enough access to control the car, move to an 11 stud head and add an IACV.

So I was looking into alternatives after a quick chat with Colin I decided to sell up the SC kit and buy a new VEMS ECU.

The reason I chose VEMS was the price, the built in Wideband, the fact it could control a number of relays, and the software seemed my easier to understand and use.

Colin kindly offered to help with the project and took the old loom to make a new loom but with some changes… so we could control the water injection, IACV.

Anyway I had the block checked over and drilled for the 11 studs, I rebuild the engine with a new oil pump etc

Ben the guy that makes the supercharger kit in AUS made me up a new inlet manifold with two injectors, a new TB, IACV and the all important water injection port.

TurboPhil made me a new head and I got the lump back into the hole in the front of the car during the Easter break.

In the meantime Colin had made a new professional loom and come around to setup the new ECU with all of the sensors and showed me how to operate the software.

Since Easter Colin and spent the last few nights around mine helping me to piss off the local residents and get the car to idle.

Today we spent the day at the dyno, with the Ade the rolling road operator behind the wheel and colin on the laptop… I paced around waiting to find out how things were progressing.

Now the ECU seemed fantastic to use and Colin roughed out a map before using the auto tune to help finetune it. 8 hours later its like a new car!

Now its not perfect but the IACV doesn’t work too well so I need to swap it out so there is a little work to do to catch the idle, which has always been an issue with my car but apart from that its 1000% better than its ever run on any carb, or the previous injection setup.
The car pulls from much lower and its much cleaner and crisper revving than before.

Now I have the manifold temp sensor in the boost side of the manifold

I can also say that the Water Meth injection is a great add on.. at 12psi 6000 RPM with the water injection firing from 5 psi the inlet temps were 40deg C.

Now the other interesting thing was when the car was being held between the 0-5 PSI range where there was no water injection we saw 47-50 deg inlet temps.

Anyway whilst I’m waiting for the pics and video’s to upload I have to say a massive thanks to Colin, if I didn’t have his help I would never have got this off the ground.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

PICS PICS PICS

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

I have a stack of datalogs here i've been looking through *happy*

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Nice. *smiley*

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

theoneeyedlizard

7263 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Well done. Great result.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Thanks all but the credit goes to Colin for all of the hard work on the ecu!

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

My opinion of superchargers is changing......... they are not so gay when applied correctly!

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

Lol!

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

On 12th Apr, 2015 Sprocket said:
My opinion of superchargers is changing......... they are not so gay when applied correctly!

Exactly. Tom was surprised how well mine drives when he had a go.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

robert

6744 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

graphs from the dyno graham?

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Here you go Robert, doesn't look normal again because of the way the Ade zooms in to make the print out the torque and bhp are are zoomed in at different times inc you know what I mean. All figures are in second and at the wheels.

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/Mini_Addi...html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by gr4h4m on 12th Apr, 2015.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Phil did a great job on the head and combined with all of the changes I'm up 6bhp at the wheels. Phil does grind a good head😀

Edited by gr4h4m on 14th Apr, 2015.

robert

6744 Posts
Post Whore

uranus

thanks graham ,well done.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

VEMS on the move, for all your data junkies and for people who like to know whats happening with your configuration whilst on move, VEMS has blue teeth :)

These are the default screens but you can customise the gauges..

All cool stuff.

Turbo Phil

4621 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Nice going Graham & Col. You'll have to bring it round sometime I'd love to have a run out in it.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

sure phil we will need to meet up at an event and you can have a go...

Home > Show Us Yours! > Sc12 Supercharged Small Bore - Teeth in the oil
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: