Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > FAQ / Knowledge > breath filter is illegal?

jom

83 Posts
Member #: 6003
Advanced Member

my car is 1992. he said you exhaust is too loud, something must wrong, let me see you engine..i tried block the breath pipe on timing cover. but it cause oil leak from the cover,yeah, i need put the pipe under the car

On 17th Apr, 2010 wintersurferuk said:
What!!!

is there a noise limit on the road??? has he any right to rummage through your bay?

glad hes not worried about the uninsured driver bugger who crashed into back of ya then runs off leaving you to pay for a new car and Insurance.... *angry*

sorry im in a bad mood tonight. but still i was planing on using breathers myself, now i'll have to feed all the pipes to under the car so you cant see them, surely thats not the way, when im sober im going to find out some more.

what year is your car? you must be able to get around it!

On 17th Apr, 2010 jom said:

actually, he stop me becaue exhaust was loud..and then ask me open the bonnet. he didnt say exhaust is wrong, just said the filter is illegal. 30pounds!

this makes me wonder, my 1100 from the 78 clubman didnt have a catchtank, will my new turbo be a problem? anywhere i could read up on this?

thanks for any help, :)

how much was the ticket for and whats the year of your car? sorry to hear about the fuzz who had nothing better to do than to hunt for something to finger you with.......

stefaz

1252 Posts
Member #: 1656
Post Whore

stoke-on-trent

I didn't think the police had any right to look underneath your bonnet. As far as i know only a qualified VOSA technician is allowed to do that at the roadside

On 23rd Oct, 2009 sim_ou_nao said:

eu gosto de mamas = i like boobs

wintersurferuk

825 Posts
Member #: 2208
Post Whore

Essex

"something must be wrong!! NO ITS supposed to sound like that!!"

so why are you blocking the timing cover breather? could you not feed an oil breather/drain to the bottem of the subframe, you may lose a little oil. or is there a fiter breather on the end of it? sorry its getting late and im getting through the beers lol !

my car is 1992. he said you exhaust is too loud, something must wrong, let me see you engine..i tried block the breath pipe on timing cover. but it cause oil leak from the cover,yeah, i need put the pipe under the car

What!!!

is there a noise limit on the road??? has he any right to rummage through your bay?

glad hes not worried about the uninsured driver bugger who crashed into back of ya then runs off leaving you to pay for a new car and Insurance.... *angry*

sorry im in a bad mood tonight. but still i was planing on using breathers myself, now i'll have to feed all the pipes to under the car so you cant see them, surely thats not the way, when im sober im going to find out some more.

actually, he stop me becaue exhaust was loud..and then ask me open the bonnet. he didnt say exhaust is wrong, just said the filter is illegal. 30pounds!

this makes me wonder, my 1100 from the 78 clubman didnt have a catchtank, will my new turbo be a problem? anywhere i could read up on this?

how much was the ticket for and whats the year of your car? sorry to hear about the fuzz who had nothing better to do than to hunt for something to finger you with.......

jom

83 Posts
Member #: 6003
Advanced Member

Im not blocking for now. but i tried before.i have a fiter end o fit, but is always get dirty.

"something must be wrong!! NO ITS supposed to sound like that!!"

so why are you blocking the timing cover breather? could you not feed an oil breather/drain to the bottem of the subframe, you may lose a little oil. or is there a fiter breather on the end of it? sorry its getting late and im getting through the beers lol !

What!!!

theoneeyedlizard

7263 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

I suppose it was £30 cash too. Lol.

I reckon a large proportion of tuned minis have the breathers venting to atomosphere.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

I would be asking the police to clarify the guidelines for roadside stops and under bonnet inspections, then ask them to show you the particular regulation which states breather filters are illegal.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Home > FAQ / Knowledge > breath filter is illegal?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: