Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > For Sale > Modified STD Metro Turbo Pistons, 16cc With NEW rings

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

No longer need these now. They were intended for thee current build, but bore clearance was up at 0.006".

The still need a good clean as the ring grooves and inside are still a bit carboned up, which is pretty much how they all are. I have not found a set that are not. The dish has been machined out and gives 16cc. A test piston was machined and cut in half to check crown thickness, check the pictures. The bottom thin section of the pistons have ben machined off to reduce the likelyhood of the piston hitting the oil jets, and to lighten them a little, ONLY the thinest section at the very bottom has been removed, again check the pictures. Piston skirts free from any scuffing, only the odd mark hear and there. The odd ding on the crown edge, nothing that is detrimental to the piston and certainly nothing that wont clean up. These are the best STD Metro Turbo pistons I have seen!!!!! complete with complete set of ultra rare NEW AE rings. Pistons have been removed from rods, and have been thoroughly checked for roundness, as round as pistons can be.

These are not new so do not epect them to be, but are in excellent used condition withthe extra modifications. The piston rings are NEW.

I will NOT consider seling the rings seperate due to the ultra rare nature, and the excellent condition of the pistons, Don't ask!! If you only want the rings, you'll get the pistons free, but you will pay the full price. I'll throw in the test piston half, as I no longer need it.

one piston reasonably cleaned to fit rings for the pictures, rings will be supplied loose and identified which groove.

£80+ postage and can post anywhere.

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

Now on ebay starting at £55

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=170493611302

So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

chominsh

289 Posts
Member #: 8160

, mitcham, surrey, london, cr4

is it straight swap?

Nothing special!

stu\'turbo\'thomas

41 Posts
Member #: 7902

bridgend, south wales

will these go straight in?

minimole23

4300 Posts
Member #: 1321
Post Whore

Wiltshire

If you have a standard block that will clean up with a hone, then yes.

Edited by minimole23 on 31st May, 2010.

On 7th Oct, 2010 5haneJ said:
yeah I gave it all a good prodding

chominsh

289 Posts

is it hard to clean it up with hone, if you never done it before?

or i will need to ask some one to do it?

Nothing special!

minimole23

4300 Posts
Post Whore

Wiltshire

Well if you're doing a pikey engine you can get an attatchment for a drill to do it, just to give the bores a scrape to allow the rings to bed in.

To do it properly you will need to get someone with appropriate tools to mic the block and pistons, to work out if the piston to bore clearance will be too large if the bores are already worn, then hone it using the proper machine.

If you already have a good condition std bore block with no step where the rings are the chances are it will be ok.

I was running 5 thou piston to bore clearance on my last engine as that was what was required to clean the bore up. It was a low ish milage engine though.

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

For best results you should let a machine shop hone the bores, this will ensure that the cross hatch is at a 30 to 45 degree angle, the correct coarseness, and maybe even plateau honed.

If there is any sort of noticable ridge at the top of the bore, then its not going to be a good option and a rebore is on the cards. How much of a ridge you can get away with is subjective, and if you are in any doubt, let your machinist measure it, check the published figures and make the decision

chominsh

289 Posts

i would love to have these ones, but i need to find someone in the London to do it properly :)

maybe any one knows someone in the London who do professional honing?

Nothing special!

Rick.SPI

1596 Posts
Member #: 8027
Post Whore

Thrapston, Kettering, Northants NN14

there will be plenty of people/shops who can do this.

treat yourself and just get them!!

*wink*

On 17th Feb, 2011 apbellamy said:
I popped my first one out the other day...

minimole23

4300 Posts
Post Whore

Wiltshire

I'm tempted to use them just to get my twink turbo engine running, then fit some forged jobbies when the fueling and iginition map is sorted.

Seems a lot of work though for a tempory engine though.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 31st May, 2010 chominsh said:
i would love to have these ones, but i need to find someone in the London to do it properly :)

maybe any one knows someone in the London who do professional honing?

Sutton Rebores or Carshalton Rebores were the two places I used to use when I lived between Mitcham and Morden.

That was a long, long time ago but a quick Google shows they both still exist - they were good back then and as they are still trading I doubt they have gone downhill.

But ask around locally first, their reputation was mainly by word of mouth.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I bought these pistons and they have now done about 6000 miles at up to 17psi and are still fine.

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Pfft wimp! Get em up to 25psi Dave!

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I,m hoping that they will see me out TBH,so no heroics I,m afraid.

Trip planned next year with the A35 to Angouleme for the Circuit des Remparts and on to the Millau bridge and some friends in Provence so I wont be towsing them anytime soon.

JBE

16 Posts
Member #: 9187

Västerås Sweden

Does any one have some mesurs on the pistons? Iam going too do the same thing with mines, here in sweden

Less then 8", is too small...

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On 8th Nov, 2012 tadge44 said:
I bought these pistons and they have now done about 6000 miles at up to 17psi and are still fine.

:)

Ericmini

1 Posts
Member #: 12018

Renton WA

Im interested in the turbo pistons you have for sale, can you ship to the states? Seattle Wa.

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

On 14th May, 2020 Ericmini said:
Im interested in the turbo pistons you have for sale, can you ship to the states? Seattle Wa.

Lol ! This is a 10 year old post mate.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

Home > For Sale > Modified STD Metro Turbo Pistons, 16cc With NEW rings
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: