Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > Demon Tweeks

hammoj28turbo

455 Posts
Member #: 1502

Aberdeenshire, scotland.

Had a bit of trouble with these guys recently.

Ordered a LMA temp sensor adaptor because I need a new temp sensor in to get mini on road with decent temp gauge.

Ordered it. Turns up and its the wrong size thread in the right box.

So I phone them up the next day and ask if they can send the right one out. They tell me I have to return the item and then they can send antoher out, so I said well If I pay for another one you can send it out now and il return the other one now.

SO made sure the guy knew that it had to be checked that the fitting was the right one etc etc. Said he would.

Turns up today and Its the right size thread apart from the inside thread hasnt even been tapped yet.

So I rang them up and they tell me they cant send another out until iv sent mine back or I pay for another. So I refused to pay for a third time. They wouldnt do anything to help and refused to let me speak to somebody higher up. Just werent interested.

Im really disappointed because I need to get my car on the road and I need a temp gauge, my originals not working at moment.

Shows a complete lack of quality control and customer service.

Sending a wrong part out once is fair enough, im willing to accept that but sending the wrong part out twice to the same customer is ridiculous and then not willing to help me out is even worse.

Ridiculous. Not quite sure what I can do.

Im so grumpy I may write a Letter.lol

James.

Jason G

4360 Posts
Member #: 1459
En-suite user

Braintree, Essex

Must admit, they can be pricey...but can't really fault their service.
Check part numbers with manufacturer first, then once your satisfied give DT a ring with the information.

On 19th Jan, 2010 wil_h said:
I would start the furthest place from the finish.

On 24th Mar, 2012 apbellamy said:
I feel all special knowing that I've given your mum my wood.

Been neglecting Turbo'd 'A' series..............

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

I've always appreciated DT's service.

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

Rich.

39 Posts
Member #: 8850

Just ordered a custom chrome silencer off them on monday, was with me by tuseday morning, i love the company! It seams such a shame you had problems with them, there normally really helpful!

Rich

hammoj28turbo

455 Posts

Aberdeenshire, scotland.

Yeah, it is a shame, and I can cope with wrong parts being sent out but when they make it so obvious thye arent interested in helping you then its not good at all.

Iv checked the part numbers.

THe first one they sent out was completely wrong and the second one was the right bit but hadnt had the inside thread tapped.

After sales support is so important to a company and they obviously dont have much in the way of that. I dont think iv ever spoken to a supplier thats been so unhelpful.:(

Edited by hammoj28turbo on 3rd Jun, 2010.

Rich.

39 Posts
Member #: 8850

If you need someone to tap out the inside of it just PM me and il sort it for you, what thread is it?

Rich

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

funny this thread coming up, ive had a catalogue of bad experiences with them

years back they mixed up 2 orders, sent my a number of relatively inexpensive things i didnt order, and sent my bucket seats to some other pikey who wouldnt return the items back to them at his cost as the error was not his fault, and they wouldnt send me replacements until they were returned by the other cunt. at loggerheads for 6 months on that one, consumer affairs got involved there

i also placed an internet order a while back for a number of things, paid, recieved/ heard nothing, emailed in to websales dept, and received no responce, after a right who-har, thewy claimed i had input my card info wrong, which was complete bollocks.

to sum up what happened, heres my email i sent to the brave lad who finally picked up a fooking phone and sorted it out with me:

I wrote said:

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your help bud, the package arrived today.

You may want to let your managers know frankly how crap the websales side of DT is. Do they not care about selling stuff?

Im not sure why my card didnt go through initially, whether an input mistake on my behalf or not, you would have thought that someone there would have had the decency to call/email me to let me know.

As below, I even emailed in for an update on the order a week later, only to get no reply, just radio silence....groan

When I called in nearly a week further on, and spoke to the first lady (her name escapes me right now), she downright didnt believe that I had emailed in a follow up query, claiming that the email was a 'donotreply' email so I couldnt possibly be correct, which it blatently isnt (she was confusing web sales and telesales i imagine) either way she was extremely unapproachable and not very helpful. Grrrrrr

Anyhow, Im just glad I finally got through to someone that obviously knew what they are on about, you obviously have the experience, and knowledge of the various inner workings/shortfalls of the company, and immediately got the order back on track.

Fair play its not the biggest order in the world, we usually deal wholesale direct with LMA or Merlin, but as I needed this in a rush, and couldnt be arsed making up a minimum order etc, thought I would give DT a try.

At the end of the day business is business, especially in these times.

So to sum up, its a good job DT has people like you working there, youre a legend, websales can suck my plums (feel free to forward this email onto their line manager btw)

All the best.

Joe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: stevens@demon-tweeks.co.uk
Subject: FW: Order from Demon Tweeks
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:30:48 +0000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: weborder@demon-tweeks.co.uk
Subject: RE: Order from Demon Tweeks
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:51:23 +0000

Hi

Has this been dispatched? Would like to fit it for the weekend

Regards

Joe Holtby

To: motorlands@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Order from Demon Tweeks
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:56:58 +0000

Order Acknowledgement from Demon Tweeks

Customer: 0000589529 - J Holtby

Reference: WEB ORDER 179489

another time, more recently, i ordered an ADA camber/castor guage off them, it never arrived, i rang after about 4 weeks, and they said they have checked on the royal mail website and it had been delivered and signed for

i advised i hadnt received anything, so requested they find out who signed for it

turned out that the signature either didnt exist, was elligible, but obviouslt wasnt mine, and royal mail had fucked up (admittedly not DT's fault at this point), but they refused to replace the guage, or refund me!

after months of phone calls and writing back and forth, they offered a 50% refund in credit notes, i could have flipped!

mr consumer affairs put them straight (i.e i had paid for goods and they had failed to furnish me with them)

ill never use them again again, they have no idea of right and wrong, will lie to you on the phone, and even admit later on they were 'just trying it on' as they usually get away with it!!

bac (business's a cunt)

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

hammoj28turbo

455 Posts

Aberdeenshire, scotland.

Thats shocking, no wonder your not using them again.

Its disgraceful that their aftersales support just doesnt seem to exist.

Home > Companies to Avoid > Demon Tweeks
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: