Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > Huddersfield

wolfie

8215 Posts
Member #: 90
Post Whore

Somewhere around Swindon

was quite a while ago but as people on other mini forums still seem to have probs i will let you know what happend to me

wanted some nice chrome mirrors for the mini and so i see a pair on huddersfields stand a mitp

huddersfield always seem to be cheaper so i got them there, it was just as we were leaving so we went to huddersfield asked for the mirrors and he brought 2 new boxes from behind the counter, we walked straight back to the car opened the boxes and ......... no glass

went back to the stand and they said i must have broken the glass, i did point out that there was no glass at all not even little broken bits, the guy refused a refund, i then had to make several phonecalls to get it resolved

Summery:

Huddersfield imho sold the mirrors knowing there was no glass hoping i suppose that i would not reolise untill i was home or/and could not remember what stall i had bought them from, they were totally unwilling to resolve the problem and only did so when the got fed up of me ringing

i have never bought anything from them since and must have at least spent 10k with other suppliers

Edited by wolfie on 14th Feb, 2005.

Crystal Sound Audio said:

Why wolfie...you should have your name as Fuckfaceshithead !

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."-Douglas Adams

jamesfawcett

3341 Posts
Member #: 218
Post Whore

Bingley, West Yorkshire

I bought my alloy wheels from them. I paid ?30 to have them angle grinder my front arches to fit them there to make sure they didnt catch. Driving home just up the road my brake caliper fell off, i walked down to see if they would give us a hand, seen as though they had just been playing with my wheels off i didnt trust them, i was literally 200 yards from them and the brake caliper hit a weight inside the wheel and caused me to veer off to the left and curb my brand new alloy.. They wouldnt even lend me a spanner to put the bolt back in, it had sheared and they wouldnt even give me a new bolt and they didnt sell them. thats after just spending over ?510 + fitting on the wheels. Also to mention they didnt even paint or cover the bare metal they cut, and yes rust appeared. Oh, and it also rubbed and cut into my brand new tyres like a bitch. Ill dig out the picture of the butchered arches off my other computer.

Anyway, i posted about it on miniclassic and showed the pics of their arch butcherry. and the state of the tyres. i was running spax asjustables and hilos. they shouldnt have put them on/charged me for half a job, when i got home i had to cut out more arch.

anyway, he is a complete tosser and saw all the posts on miniclassic, and phoned me up threatening legal action. Hes lucky i didnt sue him for making my car dangerous.

I have a confession though, last week at bingley hall i bought some bridgestone potenzas for cheap from him at the show, about ?43 each which wasnt bad at all

Previous Engine: 1040cc Morespeed engine, 1275 turbo head T2 Turbo Mirage Manifolds Megajolt
Previous engine: STD metro turbo, megajolt
Drives: 399bananahp (flywheel) Honda Civic Vtec b18c4 T28 Turbo 1968 Mini

Megajolt maps to download: http://www.jamesfawcett.co.uk/cms/index.ph...&gid=3&Itemid=3

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

95% of the companys i have delt with are tossers in one form or another, it hurts me so much to see there incompetence.*angry*

make em have it feeb: *happy*

Edited by BENROSS on 16th Feb, 2005.

AlexB
Site Admin

6266 Posts
Member #: 1
The boring bloke who runs this place.

Berkshire

I remember you posting about that feebs.. not nice! :(

Hedgemonkey

591 Posts
Member #: 360
Stu from Corwall aka Mr Jazz Piano, Love_Machine, kneegrow

Huddesfield have provided THE BEST service in my opinion and I highly recommend them. But they did send me 2 LH adj bottom arms. Fixed pronto with no hassle though. UNLIKE MINISPARES. Do not get me started about them.

Bugger off, I'm getting there.

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I will never buy anything from hudd mnini spares ever again, in my whole life, ever.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

t3gav

2395 Posts
Member #: 229
Gavin@minispares.com

kent

they also employ females to answer the phone but know jack shit and go get a man everytime!

andygardner

249 Posts
Member #: 513

Sheffield

I ordered a pair of late clear rear clusters from them as they were cheaper than anywhere else. Unfortunately they sent out the early ones which was a ball ache. To give credit though the bloke admitted theyd fluffed the order, refunded postage and replaced with a pair of late clusters.

Annoying when things go wrong but it does happen, important thing is if they admit error and sort it out I'd probably use them again.

AlexF2003

5795 Posts
Member #: 80
AFRacing LTD

Newbury, Berks

I was in a hurry for 2 Yoko A008s for London to Brighton this year...

SO I rang up Hudders and they said they had them in stock and would be out in the morning... this was Tuesday the week before I needed them... so I paid extra for next day delivery, just to make sure I had them in time and could get the fitted to my rims.

I waited... nothing...

then a snooty phone call on my answering machine saying my credit card was invalid and I should phone them to explain why!!!

THEY COPIED DOWN THE NUMBER WRONG!

Ok fair mistake... but not when they had kept me waiting on the phone and said they were putting the details through the machine as I held!!!

SO no tyres from them ment a expensive trip to a local tyre place as a last resort :(

unimpressed... I am!

Thats was my 1st and ONLY dealing I will be having with them!

Alex

Edited by AlexF2003 on 12th Oct, 2006.

AlexF

Jimster
Site Admin

9401 Posts
Member #: 58
455bhp per ton
12 sec 1/4 mile road legal mini

Sunny Bridgend, South Wales

why did you go for 008 and not 32r's?

Team www.sheepspeed.com Racing

On 15th May, 2009 TurboDave said:

I think the welsh one has it right!

1st to provide running proof
of turbo twinkie in a car and first to
run a 1/4 in one!!

Is your data backed up?? directbackup.net one extra month free for all Turbo minis members, PM me for detials

iain
Site Admin

8506 Posts
Member #: 16
Sold the turbo and seeing what the C20XE can do!

Near Lincoln

Probably as we cant all afford to keep changing tyres *happy*

although 008's dont last that long, they last longer than 032's *smiley*

AlexF2003

5795 Posts
Member #: 80
AFRacing LTD

Newbury, Berks

std gear box... lots of banananananans

hmmm sticky tyres?!

Alex

AlexF

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

I remember visiting Huddersfield June 03. He had a GORGEOUS mk1 S tartan/black.. He wanted 9K for it.. Fantastic car.. rather expensive :)

I've dealt with them twice (one visit, one online) and found them rather OK. Although, they don't really sell anything that I fancy. Plastic and big wheels ie.

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I used them once mail order, bought a set of shockers, and a set of cooper-type wheel nuts. Found them perfectly OK, and cheap, although there is not really much scope for error on either of the things I bought?!

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Is your sig referring to Hudds mini spares by chance?

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Ha ha ha.....

No, Novas if I must mention the "N" word again........it was from the very same thread as your sig, except someone locked it before I could quote myself.......

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Turbo Phil

4621 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

My truck is also referring to that very thread ! lol *wink*

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

Richie

3184 Posts
Member #: 628
Post Whore

a LIL fishing village on the coast - Newcastle Upon Tyne

i ordered a set of revolites from em a while back, they were ok and delivered as promised
perhaps i was lucky....i had no such luck with mini sport not once not twice but on 3 seperate occasions :( needless to say dont inted on using em again.

TRADERS OF SHAME
1 user....pm me 4 details

LEGENDS
MikeRace, Mini13

On 17th Aug, 2009 Jay#2 said:
I doubt I'll be dipping into the 13's like you did though!

slammed 66

84 Posts
Member #: 835
Advanced Member

Grimsby N.E. Lincs

One of my brand new 7x13 superlites that i bought from huddersfield had a hole in the centre of the rim and lost 20psi of air per day! When i rung up to complain the cheeck c$nt told me to have an inner tube fitted! I threatened legal action and eventually got a new rim although i had to pay postage to get the old one up to him.
But oh my god what a bunch of f@cking WANKERS*angry*

1986 renault 5 gt turbo
1989 Renault extra
1991 R32 GTR
1998 Mini MPI
1999 Nissan Elgrand

colin wood

4 Posts
Member #: 832

I bought a brand new set of superlites from huddersfield, wiped them with a bit of polish and it took the laquer off so i had to re-do them! I phoned complaining and got f@cked about.

paul wiginton
Forum Mod

5933 Posts
Member #: 784
9 times Avon Park Class C winner

Milton Keynes

On 08/06/2005 11:56:48 iain said:

My 32Rs have been on my Sprint ( on the back) for 6 years and on the front Ive changed them once.
Paul

I seriously doubt it!

Joebodge

11 Posts
Member #: 952

Fokestone, Kent

i have always found huddersfield very good, with there service, price and product. But they do occasssionally get the orders wrong, but always change them, with no hassel.

But there "chromed" or "stainless" items are s**t. they always flake - in a sealed garage or out side - just avoid anything like that from them, but everything else is top notch *happy*

Old Mini's Dont Die - They Just Get Faster !!!

PiGgy - '82 HL

MikeRace

6549 Posts
Member #: 1149
#1 Basshunter Fan

Force Racing ICT Dept Manager Miglia Turbo Am frum Yokshyer tha noes!

I have known Andy Ratcliffe for about 15 Years. He started out Selling from the Back of his house and when me and my dad used to go up we would go in and have a coffee and a chat. But since hes gone big time hes gone down hill. Now when i go up he doesnt give a shit hes only interested in selling to folk who have got big money, i mean i dont expect him spend hours with me but the amount of people ive sent his way youd think hed say hello!

I never realised how bad they had gotten but obviously from the amount of posts on here its quite clear.

SO RATCLIFFE THAS BIN TELD!!! SORT IT ART!

1/4 Mile 14.3secs 96Mph Terminal 10psi of boost.

Fibreglass Parts? - http://www.tdkracing.co.uk/
Split Rims? - http://www.force-racing.co.uk/

Jimster
Site Admin

9401 Posts
Member #: 58
455bhp per ton
12 sec 1/4 mile road legal mini

Sunny Bridgend, South Wales

I spoke to this guy at avonpark years ago, total tosser, know it all, who in fact knew very little!

Team www.sheepspeed.com Racing

On 15th May, 2009 TurboDave said:

I think the welsh one has it right!

1st to provide running proof
of turbo twinkie in a car and first to
run a 1/4 in one!!

Is your data backed up?? directbackup.net one extra month free for all Turbo minis members, PM me for detials

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

On 28th of Feb at 01:21am TurboDave said:
I will never buy anything from hudd mnini spares ever again, in my whole life, ever.

But, the road from Manchester to Hudds over the moores is worth the trip alone :)

On 8th of Jan at 12:11am paul wiginton said:
On 08/06/2005 11:56:48 iain said:

My 32Rs have been on my Sprint ( on the back) for 6 years and on the front Ive changed them once.
Paul

You need to use the car more Paul. Maybe get some more power, as you need to be able to spin the wheels *wink*

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

Home > Companies to Avoid > Huddersfield
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: