Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Works Style Race Mini

jamz

1342 Posts
Member #: 2292
Tool

Herne Bay, kent

im guessing yes lol. im pretty sure all the works racers and fia approved cars have to ahve door bins put back into place.

On 27th Apr, 2010 Rick.SPI said:

cant beat a good blowout.

Billus89

359 Posts
Member #: 8931

Herefordshire

Hey Sturgeo and Jamz. Yes, well done for noticing :) . I am trying to build this car with some attention to the MSA blue book so 'maybe' i could hillclimb it when it is finished. The rollcage needed to have the speader plates welded in, and the only way to access the rear cages front feet in order to get a decent weld was to remove the rear door bins. I hate the look of removed bins, they always give the mini its charachter in my opinion, so i had them welded back in. Well worth the extra mile i think.

Cheers for all the comments, it has progressed alot since the rollcage went in. More pics SOON!

Edited by Billus89 on 23rd Sep, 2010.

jamz

1342 Posts
Member #: 2292
Tool

Herne Bay, kent

more pics the better. jsut of late there is alot of nice new builds on here and im enjoying the pictures. giving me a kick up the arse to get on with mine.

On 27th Apr, 2010 Rick.SPI said:

cant beat a good blowout.

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

Why didn't you weld the spreader plates on the outside?? *wink*

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

In response to your question Vegard, this is because then i could not use a sandwhich plate. The way i have been taught is to use a spreader plate welded to the floor, and then another plate from the underneath which sandwhiches it all together. The spreader plate would not work properly on the underside of the car. Hope this makes sense :)

gregh55

395 Posts
Member #: 3636

herefordshire

bill i really didnt think you was this far on it *surprised*

did you get the wheel in the end? it was ollie i was on about who had the wheel for £20 haha

mini is looking great buddy

catch you later *happy*

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

Hey Greg. Yeh it is alot further on the the last pictures. Just need to finish the engine and get some seats haha :)

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

Great Stuff,

Going for a mirage manifold I presume?

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

gregh55

395 Posts

herefordshire

not going turbo are you bill? *surprised* i hope not, how will i keep up! *happy*

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

Hey Joe C. Yes i will be going for a mirage manifold or equivalent.
And yes Greg i am DEFINATELY turboing this Mini haha. I need to show all the French guys how to do it :)

gregh55

395 Posts

herefordshire

man your nuts! i wanted the fastest mini in brom, doesnt look like thats going to happen now tho :(

who sprayed your mini btw? i need mine doing asap *tongue*

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

I had my Mini sprayed at Col's Mini Centre in Droitwich. The chap there is extremely good and it isn't too far away. I can find his number if you need it.
Yeh i was going to do a fast 1380, but after seeing some of the cars on here and the power that is available, turbo is definately the way to go :)

How is your Mini coming along anyway? Get a thread going on it buddy!

gregh55

395 Posts

herefordshire

ohh i see, is it the right price? *tongue* yeah sort his number out and ill give him a bell, ive just got another mini that needs a spray job so itll come in handy, haha ive gone for the fast 1380 for now, couldnt afford to turbo it on my £30 a week :(

umm mine is poo, welding is all done just need to get it sprayed and rebuilt which i cba to do atm haha

nahh i wont do a thread, this is for fast turbo minis *tongue*

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

Hey Guys, well i went home for the weekend, and decided it was time to update with some new pictures. Most are pictures of the bits i have been gathering ready for the engine rebuild i hope to do soon. Here we go.....

The rear hubs

Loads more to follow

Dolly

97 Posts
Member #: 9061
Advanced Member

Louth

hi mate where did you get that cage from a link would be appreciated i looked on the safety devices websiter but couldnt find anything cheers

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

Hey Dolly. The cage is a safety devices rollcage that i bought from minisport. You will find all the components on their website http://www.minisport.com/mini-spare-parts/...Roll_Cages.html .

Hope this helps :)

Dolly

97 Posts
Member #: 9061
Advanced Member

Louth

cheers mate thats a big help i love the look of your cage

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

No worries. Thanks alot :)

george91

1083 Posts
Member #: 8932
Post Whore

I've been looking for a dashboard bar to go with my cage, did you have to make yours? can't find them anywhere.

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

Hey george. Have a look on Minispares. That is where i got mine :)

george91

1083 Posts
Member #: 8932
Post Whore

thanks mate i wasn't being lazy, i looked for it under roll cage and it didn't come up but i just typed it in and found it. *blush*

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

Well, after well over a year of no updates to this thread, I thought I would ressurect it and show some of the updates. Although I have not been updating or posting much recently, I have been lurking and hoping to get back to a more permanent member. Progress has slowed alittle with living away fro University, but atleast I get to apply what I am studying into the build of this car *happy* .

Alot of these are very old pictures now and I will try to upload some of the car from the past 6 months or so when I get a chance. It is really shaping together now so I hope you guys enjoy the pictures *happy*

I bought a second hand turbo for mock up use, so that I could play around with rotating the housing for the best fit.

I also bought a Matty manifold to prevent the bulkhead being modified.

I then got on the lath, turned a peice of aluminium tube down and started to make an oil drain return plate.

Last Christmas i went over to see Bob and got this made (thanks to Nic too). It fits really nicely in the spare wheel recess and has a built in surge sump too.

I then started to make a few parts for the MegaJolt install. A heat sink plate made out of Aluminium

Edited by Billus89 on 20th Dec, 2011.

Billus89

359 Posts

Herefordshire

I ordered a custom made wiring loom. It is really well made and has lots of modifications in it for some secret features that will be revealed soon!!! I had to wait 3 months for this little gem!!!
Out with the old - In with the new *happy*

Hope that keeps you guys entertained for abit longer. I have SHED LOADS more pictures to come, the above pictures are old and as you can imagine, the project has progressed further by now. I will try to upload more pictures later *happy*

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

On 23rd Sep, 2010 Billus89 said:
In response to your question Vegard, this is because then i could not use a sandwhich plate. The way i have been taught is to use a spreader plate welded to the floor, and then another plate from the underneath which sandwhiches it all together. The spreader plate would not work properly on the underside of the car. Hope this makes sense :)

The depends which way force is applied to the cage/spreader plate *wink*

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

Do like the look of this, lots of attention to detail :)
Out of interest where did you get those blue anodised allen bolts from? they look awesome!

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

Home > Show Us Yours! > Works Style Race Mini
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: