Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Paul S trials and testing > Yet Another Rolling Road Log

sturgeo

857 Posts
Member #: 1778
Post Whore

Northants

One thing you can clearly see is that NMS went up through the gears, would that make much of a difference?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 4th Oct, 2010 sturgeo said:
One thing you can clearly see is that NMS went up through the gears, would that make much of a difference?

Not really.

Have you not seen how much better the fueling was at SP? I made the comment at the time that the fueling at NMS was not as good as we had seen on the road.

Also, were we still running the dodgy LC-1 at NMS?

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Actually, comparing those two logs in detail, you can see why we did not make the power lower down at NMS. Those massive AE spikes and then running lean on the outers would not have produced the torque.

Edited by Paul S on 4th Oct, 2010.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

robert

6743 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

On 4th Oct, 2010 01smartc said:
Just a note about our rollers that might help you.

The power runs are done via an inertia test. I.e. no load was applied to the rollers. The resistance is just the rollers weight.

So the load was definitely not changed from one run to the other.

Maybe the engines revved up to quickly to produce the best boost?

Chris

yes i think thats definately right chris .

another thought is , with an su ,theres a delay ,therefore a restriction in the rise of the piston ,depending on which oil is in there , it could be that the run time was not long enough for the piston to get to the top ..ergo ,if you have your wastegate boost signal feed from the plenum ,and yuor datalogging from the inlet manifold ,then the boost will drop due to the piston restriction ..

this would explain mine dropping to 17.5 psi at the top end ,and may explain others boost drop .

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Chris, do you think that you may have inadvertantly done run no. 3 in second gear ????

That's the only logical explanation.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I've made some slight corrections following Roberts de-smoothing operation. It has not made a significant difference, but the SOT looks nice *happy*

SOT = Power(hp)/(Litres*MAP*(RPM/1000))

So it gives a specific power output in hp/litre/bara/rpm terms.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Run No.3 has a peak power of 138hp. *surprised*

I'll have that with my chips.

theoneeyedlizard

7260 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Ooh, Robert can I have the data from my runs please.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I have now concluded that the latest RR data is fundamentaly flawed in terms of using it for any scientific/mathematical purposes.

So I'm going back to NMS soon for a re-run.

Home > Paul S trials and testing > Yet Another Rolling Road Log
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: