Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Paul S trials and testing > CNP Testing

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Yes, about that.

That is for a top spec ECU, the MS3 and MS3X.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

I don't want to sound negative, because I think what you have achieved is fantastic.

But... it isn't as simple as you make it sound. For people with years of experience behind you and good background knowledge, Jean and Rod for example, then yes it's relatively straight forward. For us pleb's though, it's a different matter. I may try it in the future, but I've got a lot of learning to do first.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I don't think that fuel injection is simple, but like most complex problems, if you break it down into a number of small chunks, get an understanding of each of those, then it all comes together.

Andy, the only difference, in setup terms, between what I have done and what you are planning to do with your injected, supercharged engine is the addition of an injection timing table that you set by comparing the wideband readings on the inner and outer cylinders. Plus you need to wire in a cam sensor.

Once you have the handle on the simple bits, then the rest will come easy.

The best way to learn is to stalk some of the EFI forums. All manner of issues gets discussed.

Edited by Paul S on 28th Mar, 2011.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Maybe I'll try it in a few years, maybe shift my charger to the correct side of the injectors. *hehe!* See how I get on with the current setup when I eventually get it running...

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

There's another set of these coils on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-COIL-PACKS-2008-...=item2a0f34c1e0

I wouldn't mind another set of 4. Anyone want to go halves ???

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

I wouldnt be worried about buying those particular coils. Yes they are the best of the LS range. But even the basic old LS1 coil is still very powerful.

I'm using them on mine with no issues.

Or you could try the Pantera EFI IGN-1A coil
Although from speaking to a friend who recently bought some, they are a good bit bigger than the LS coils.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

On 29th Mar, 2011 stevieturbo said:
Although from speaking to a friend who recently bought some, they are a good bit bigger than the LS coils.

Is that the same thing: http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/ign1a-r...coil-p-394.html?

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I think I'll get those GM coils anyway, although they are a lot more than the last set cost me from the same seller. It wont hurt to have a few spares.

They seem to be a little rarer these days. there are some cheap "OE Replacements" about, but they look like copies.

stevieturbo

3569 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

On 30th Mar, 2011 jbelanger said:
On 29th Mar, 2011 stevieturbo said:

Is that the same thing: http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/ign1a-r...coil-p-394.html?

Jean

Yes, Matt @ DIY Autotune sells these.

034 Motorsport also sell them almost pretending they are their coil.

But Pantera EFI are the source.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Home > Paul S trials and testing > CNP Testing
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: