Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > MS Trials & Testing > Trials and testing Will van Gemert

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

I use Peugeot IACV part no. A95269.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Idle-air-control-val...=item27b97591ae

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 2nd May, 2011 gemertw said:
Can any of you advice me on a good valve to use?

Will, there are several that work with MS2 - it just needs to be a four wire bipolar motor, not the unipolar motor that Rover used on the MPI. I'm using one from a Rover 600/800 series.

Having said that, it is an absolute nightmare to try and get one to run properly in closed loop control....

(but once you have the settings right it is worth the effort).

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

the cinquincento is another one that works,

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Apparently the PWM valves work well. I might try this on the new 998.

Bosch part no. 0280 140 505

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Ratty

95 Posts
Member #: 9314
Advanced Member

Chippenham, Wilts

I ditched the Rover throttle body on my other car for a Cosworth one as it has a PWM built in and was easy to get right

On the mini I plan on using a Saab PWM

gemertw

77 Posts
Member #: 7659
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Perhaps a stupid question but as I never have seen an IACV installed, how do you actually install these (for example like the Peugeot one that Paul is referring to) do you just plump it into the plenum or do you need some kind of matching valve seat to mount it on? I suppose the other side just goes with a hose to a connection somewhere between the air filter and the throttle body. Another stupid question: how can I put a picture directly into a post as you all are doing so often?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I machined a body for mine:

But you can use the Rover body if you can get hold of one.

The Bosch PWM valves are more money but just a couple of hose connections.

To show a picture, first you must have the photo hosted somewhere, photobucket or even the TM front page.

Then you paste a link to the url with [ img ] url [ /img]. Use the Add Image icon.

EDIT: I think that this will do the job:

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/custom-...valve-p-69.html

Edited by Paul S on 2nd May, 2011.

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Will,

Throttle bodies usually have the ports for an IACV of some sort - the valve (IACV) just bypasses the butterfly - either neatly screwed in if the throttle body was designed for it, or external hoses as Paul shows.

Here's mine, far left of photo

Mine is screwed into a tapping on the throttle body so it just bypasses the butterfly and MS2 drives it.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Home > MS Trials & Testing > Trials and testing Will van Gemert
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: