Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Beginners Tech > HIF44 vs Turbo Carb

carts60

259 Posts
Member #: 9335

Bromley, SE London

Now i'v had another ebay blunder and bought what was described in the listing as a turbo carb, removed from a metro turbo. It came today and im 99.9% sure its an NA HIF44, which can be converted to a turbo carb i know.

My question is, should I send it back and get a refund or clean it up and use a rebuild kit to make it suitable for the turbo engine?

It cost me £25 if that makes any difference at all in the scheme of things?

I'v taken a picture of it, so if someone could confirm whether its an HIF or turbo carb I would be grateful. I used the other picture i found on here to try and distinguish whether it was or not which you might also like to use.

Cheers guys!

Attachments:

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Yes, thats a rather scabby looking NA carb.

£25 isn't a terrible price but I would be sending the seller an email asking for some coin back as the item isn't what you paid for.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

carts60

259 Posts
Member #: 9335

Bromley, SE London

This sound like a decent response?

Hi,

The carb came today but is not a turbo carburettor. It is an HIF44 carb for a naturally aspirated engine.
I can tell this because it does not have an anti-run on valve connection or a part throttle lean-off pipe. It also has the engine breather pipe which a turbo carb does not have.

I thought i would contact you first rather than go through ebay to try and resolve this problem.

Obviously a turbo carburettor is worth more than an NA carb so i'v paid over the odds for what i'v received. Therefore, I would either like a partial refund, keeping the carb or a full refund in exchange for said item

Edited by carts60 on 17th May, 2011.

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Sounds right enough. Make sure you don't get stung for fee's posting it back though.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

Home > Beginners Tech > HIF44 vs Turbo Carb
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: