Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > Mitch gets a restoration! Now with bonus MOT!

sim_ou_nao

361 Posts
Member #: 114

Porto/Portugal

Lovely job...

Pedro Silva

http://miniciados.blogspot.pt/

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

So I like the reverse rims however they are a little rough and not so round. I got them sand blasted then took at them with a hammer straighten them out then filed off some of the curb scuffs.

Two will be spares, I don't have a 6 wheeled mini! A fresh coat of OEW and some new A032Rs and they're good to go. I have some stainless hubcaps, jut need to polish them up now.

I also sanded and painted the 3 point roll over bar, I hasn't been painted in the pic below but is now OEW too to match the wheels and roof.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

supermotolee

614 Posts
Member #: 2153
Post Whore

kings langley

That roll cage looks like it will do more harm than good in a crash, your cars really cool though love the steels!!!

Speeding is like masturbating, everyone does it, but not all of us film it and put it on the internet

[quote=fab,8th Oct, 2010]fuck off

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

It runs! *smiley* Not for very long but I'm happy with that. Next up a good buff and polish then get the interior re-trimmed.

naeJ
m

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Brum Brum *happy*

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

So I think that's the engine plumbed in, I am going to put a bottom rad hose on the top of the rad so I can take water from there to the turbo and back to the bottom hose. The IC needs to be mounted up properly as well.

I machine polished the paint and will maybe try some of that fancy paint sealant polymer stuff on it.

Not sure about the sticker, I thought it was funny but might take it off again.

Roll cage is in.

I chucked the wideband and the boost gauge in the roof as I didn't want to clutter up the dash.

The dash is in and all the electrics seem to be working.

The seats are in with the trimmers, just getting a vinyl retrim. I had to make new door cards as the old ones were wobbly and the plastic clips had pull through them. These are in with the trimmers as well.

Not much else to do, I need to decide on the carpet colour and chuck all the interior in and do some tuning with the megajolt. I'm not that happy with the engine, it doesn't always start easy so I think something is amiss. So ready in time for winter then! *frown*

naeJ
m

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

Looking good Jay

Bill

51 Posts
Member #: 10080
Advanced Member

Holland, Eindhoven

I like it a lot!

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

So that's the shabby seats re-trimmed along with the door cards. Not too bad a job, was cheap so happy enough. I just need carpet. It's hard to get brown carpet to match the paint, the trimmer suggested getting regular house carpet and he would cut and edge it for me. I might get it MOTed first then drive it to the trimmers.

naeJ
m

Shauna

1043 Posts
Member #: 10424
Post Whore

Swansea boyo!

I haven't seen this build before :(, I love it, I was saying yesterday I wouldn't fancy a brown roundnose but this has changed my mind *tongue*.

They don't die, they just get faster!

Aubrey_Boy

690 Posts
Member #: 9962
Post Whore

I love this car, it's still a colour on my radar - If you get tired of it I am sure I can morph it with mine *wink*

I had one of those cages in the 80's in my Mini

Cheers

Edited by Aubrey_Boy on 30th Nov, 2013.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Nicely done.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

loving the retro feel Jay. You should have got brown hoses for the engine as well!

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

Thanks lady and gentlemen for the nice comments. It feels a bit more complete to get the interior in although I think I am officially suffering from Project Completion Syndrome. I only have a few small things to do but am struggling to get it done. *oh well*

naeJ
m

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

Nice looking sleeper

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

I know exactly what you mean. The mini needs a few things done yet however all my attention and enthusiasm has now gone to something else

On 30th Nov, 2013 Jay#2 said:
Thanks lady and gentlemen for the nice comments. It feels a bit more complete to get the interior in although I think I am officially suffering from Project Completion Syndrome. I only have a few small things to do but am struggling to get it done. *oh well*

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Looks great!

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

Looks great!!!
I know what you mean about brown interior trim, I spent ages trying to track some down, I still need to find one door card actually

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

who did the interior? Think this would make a nice addition to my estate. The front seats are the only bit of trim that isnt brown.

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

I kind of wanted to keep the trim and seats original but there was no chance sourcing replacement brown/tan seat covers and the original biscuit door cards. Everything is red, grey or black.

On 1st Dec, 2013 Nic said:
Looks great!!!
I know what you mean about brown interior trim, I spent ages trying to track some down, I still need to find one door card actually

naeJ
m

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

I got the interior retrimmed local to me (Belfast), I saw some nice off-the-shelf covers on ebay etc however getting them sent over from England is expensive, you would think the Irish Sea is massive!

On 1st Dec, 2013 hazpalmer said:
who did the interior? Think this would make a nice addition to my estate. The front seats are the only bit of trim that isnt brown.

naeJ
m

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

Well after a faff about putting things in, taking them out, fiddling with this and that and not feeling like I'm making much progress I think I'm nearly there. The picture below doesn't show any of the progress:

Carpet is in, interior is nearly done, doors and bonnet are hung and the engine runs nice after a fettle. Just need to fit my front number plate, fix my leaky washer bottle in the boot, fit the vent pipe to the fuel tank and replace my brand new but broken roof ariel.

naeJ
m

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

Sounds like your pretty much there. So are you going to bring it over to mitp?

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Post Whore

I would really like to do that, i would be a bit worried about the trip back if something blows up. It would be a good chance to put faces to names.

On 29th Mar, 2014 Rob Gavin said:
Sounds like your pretty much there. So are you going to bring it over to mitp?

naeJ
m

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

You can always join the convoy with us. We head off from fenwick which is not that far from the ferry port at troon....20 miles or so. Bit of a road trip though

Home > Show Us Yours! > Mitch gets a restoration! Now with bonus MOT!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: