Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Website Links > www.minibidders.co.uk

shed

32 Posts
Member #: 9365

Maidenhead

ebay style site but for minis only, hopefully wont be as overpriced as ebay if its only used by enthusiasts. is having a slow start but will hopefully pick up over time.

www.minibidders.co.uk

http://www.minibidders.co.uk - classic mini parts auction site

Craigie-B

1492 Posts
Member #: 9468
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

sweet - ill join up I have a couple of parts to list :)

On 10th Mar, 2012 theoneeyedlizard said:

Hypothetically speaking, where would you stick your nozzle?

On 22nd Jun, 2012 apbellamy said:
my wife doesn't know what.head is never mind compression ratio.

shed

32 Posts

Maidenhead

sweet good lad *happy* dont expect a quick sale at this rate LOL but at least if theres more on there to look at theres more chance of people signin up

pickmeup

568 Posts
Member #: 1200
Post Whore

Bristol

how secure is this?

hazpalmer

1648 Posts
Member #: 9038
Post Whore

Carlisle, Cumbria

its a good idea, but you need a lot of interest for it to work. Iv had a look a few times but there isnt anything i wanted up for sale.

jamie@thefatgarage

665 Posts
Member #: 9345
Post Whore

Sheffield

Not as "overpriced" as ebay, an auction site, where people bid for stuff up to a value it is worth (that being how auctions work..). I don't get it, you are trying to get people to subscribe to get less for anything they list.

wez

1226 Posts
Member #: 9271
Post Whore

Stoke on Trent

On 2nd Jun, 2011 jamie@thefatgarage said:
Not as "overpriced" as ebay, an auction site, where people bid for stuff up to a value it is worth (that being how auctions work..). I don't get it, you are trying to get people to subscribe to get less for anything they list.

i think genuine people know what something is worth and will sell for its true value. not everyone is trying to squeeze every last penny out of their items or hoping someone who knows no better will come along and pay silly money bidding up an item.
which is one of the many good things about TM, things get sold for good, honest prices.

Edited by wez on 2nd Jun, 2011.

one day boost will be mine!

On 10th Mar, 2012 Joe C said:
TBH peple stick it everywhere... and theres merits to each...

shed

32 Posts

Maidenhead

secure in what way? to be hacked, no idea ive never tried.

as wez said, theres true value and 'ebay value' which seems to be higher.

once people start listing things itll pick up.

edit... might want to check your email spam box for activation email if it doesnt come within a couple of mins

Edited by shed on 2nd Jun, 2011.

jamie@thefatgarage

665 Posts
Post Whore

Sheffield

On 2nd Jun, 2011 wez said:

On 2nd Jun, 2011 jamie@thefatgarage said:

i think genuine people know what something is worth and will sell for its true value. not everyone is trying to squeeze every last penny out of their items or hoping someone who knows no better will come along and pay silly money bidding up an item.

That suggests that anyone who puts items on ebay is somehow not genuine, well bollocks. It's not squeezing, it's an auction. If the price it high, don't bid. Value is what someone is willing to pay, regardless of knowledge, or IQ.

wez

1226 Posts
Post Whore

Stoke on Trent

its not bollocks at all, 99% of the time people know how much what they are selling is worth so put it on a forum or on a buy it now on ebay.
take a metro turbo engine, in reality everyone on here knows value of them, but on ebay people will pay silly money for them, way above their true value.
ebays a different place these days than it used to be.
you were implying that people should accept less than the value of their parts by using this other site and thats just not the case.

jamie@thefatgarage

665 Posts
Post Whore

Sheffield

Last point as I'm now bored with trying to explain this. "True value" does not exist.

If a succession of people pay £500 for a steaming turd, then steaming turds are worth £500.

I agree it's more than I would pay, but I don't begrudge anyone trying to make the best of the parts they sell in order to get more impressive speeding tickets.

wez

1226 Posts
Post Whore

Stoke on Trent

Fair point, I think if this new site picks up then it could be good, after all when you 'go' to an auction you go for bargins, when you want to pay full price you go to the shop.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

I'll do one for £450

If a succession of people pay £500 for a steaming turd, then steaming turds are worth £500.

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

I'll do one for £450

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On 3rd Jun, 2011 gr4h4m said:

I'll do one for £450

On 3rd Jun, 2011 gr4h4m said:

I'll do one for £450

Is that two for £900? Cos I'll do two for £850

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Steaming turd price wars

Home > Website Links > www.minibidders.co.uk
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: