Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > My Sc12 now 'sprinttex blower' fuel injected A+ 1293 Aircon project updated

NickG

744 Posts
Member #: 7912
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

I will slowly update this when i have time.

my aim is to have a nice 120bhp supercharged mini with aircon and Injection reliable not massive power.

been chasing up bits as I go, I nearly have everything I need to bolt it all back together & get my car running for this years mini muster.

I have finally chased up a small condensor for my aircon set up & i will be running this under the rear of the car, my aim is to keep the engine bay as free as i can & not look to busy hiding pipes & running it under the car.

I have dummy mounted up & wired the small alternator from a Kubota Tracktor, this is a 60amp mode from ebayl,perfect size & power output.

I have sprayed up a few things including my new arches and cleaned up the engine bay, will touch the car up more when i get time cut some small bits of rust out & re spray some parts.

currently it is running mega jolt with a rebuilt hif44 and this is a great set up but the mega jolt kit has been sold & making way for injection that should arrive soon.

as i said my aim is to have a nice road engine that revs to about 6k max cruises & has some grunt.

my spec is a 1293
Med Verto uprated backplate, lightened flywheel, clutch assembly
good for 120bhp & 120ftlb torque
1.3 full roller Titan rockers
sc Components injection kit
sc12 10psi pulley
std bottom end & rods A+ crank hypatec pistons
re83T cam & lightweight isky cam followers
compression 8.6.1
Gearbox rebuilt
3.1 diff
Quaife Lsd
New helical gears Cryo treated only' for extra strength.
shot peened drop gears and all gears, shafts etc have all been shot peened & cryo treated then dressed hopefully this helps.
my full Forced induction Head turbo Phil Spec

his is my head spec now with full roller rockers and a Med light fly wheel back plate etc etc set up.

Fast Road Unleaded.
Ideal for fast road applications where the use of unleaded fuel is required.
The 29.4mm stainless exhaust valves allow the use of unleaded hardened valve seats, while bullet-nosed guides, boss removal & throat & port work vastly improve flow.

The inlets are enlarged to accept a 35.6mm valve, the guides bullet-nosed & the boss restriction is removed. The seats are 3-angle.

HEAD.
Based on the 12g940 casting. The head is refaced to ensure total flatness, is fully ported flowed, features enlarged chambers to lower the compression, has 3 angle valve seats on the inlets, new silicone bronze guides {bullet nosed} are fitted, as are new valve stem oil seals, new 185lb double valve springs.
Exhaust.
29.4mm nitrided 21NS stainless steel race valves.
Inlet.
35.6mm nitrided 21NS stainless steel race valves for improved flow.
Chambers.
*High swirl chamber design opened out to 25cc

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The car

Me being stupid forgot to spray the bay till the engine was in lol

my new arches will have chrome trim on them.

Aircon mounted in

my small alternator from ebay, a Kubota Tracktor 60amp $100 us new.

engine before with all it's SHIT & huge Alternator!

as the engine stands now

soon to go on are these 2 items :)

Edited by NickG on 21st Sep, 2012.

george91

1083 Posts
Member #: 8932
Post Whore

Looks good, interested to see how you get on with this.

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

I,d like to ftr aircon to my car, but I know nothing about aircon so I would need step by step instructions, I think !

I believe that some export minis had aircon ?.

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

There are a few kits in Australia, most are jap spec and pretty much plug and play. Few holes to drill

All the original holes etc are all ready in the rover minis, mine is alot harder as it's a 1964 so I had to customize everything so that I did not have to chop the shit out of the car.

The original spec aircon is crap and fills the engine bay big time.

So I'm going custom, moving my condenser under the back of the car.

Custom pipes as well.

I found front mount condenser blocked airflow but I tell you what its nice and cool in summer :) worth it for a comfy mini.

Eats a bit of power when on though, but the sc 12 will fix that!

Edited by NickG on 18th Jul, 2011.

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

ok, you have to tell me what that AC compressor is off....

I'll be following this *smiley*

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

Looks like a great project good luck nickg

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

Hey turbodave that is a mini compressor from a spi jap mini.

I have a spare kit nearly complete as well that I'm thinking of selling.

The main parts are there most other bits you could pick up from a wreckers.

I will be taking a few more photos soon :)

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

Thanks Graham, following what you have done and what apbelemy have done with a bit of a twist should be a great car.

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

only a small update, so today i did not get upto much had a busy day with music.

I poped out and wanted some boost hose and fittings for my sc12.

every shop wanted $140 for the braided kit and about $30ish for a clear hose and fittings. way to much.

so i decided ill give it a crack and make my own, really easy actually.

im very happy with the result, cost me about $60 for 1 metre of braided line fittings etc, could have gone cheaper but i could not be bother going to NZ pipes, i was in a rush.

these are my fittings

crimping the braided line to get the little stab thing in

you can see it all pushed on.

and all done on my sc12 kit, yes i polished the charger lol looks nice *happy*

connected up my boost gauge just because, will mount that in the car tomorrow hopefully.

Edited by NickG on 20th Jul, 2011.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Nick that charger is looking great, they dont stay like that tho... what size is the pipe? I run 5 or 6 mm pipe for mine.

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

That a bloody nice boost gauge!

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

Pottsy

460 Posts
Member #: 843

Stoke-on-Trent. Duck.

Great work, you've done a great job spraying the engine bay considering everything else was still in there!

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

What's the fitting for on the underside of the inlet

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

Well spotted... interested too.

Carl S
Forum Mod

1927 Posts
Member #: 1761
Stalker

Bristol

Idle air bypass at a guess?

Looks good Nick, especially interested in the air con stuff. Is it quit easy to get hold of the air con kits over there then?

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

On 20th Jul, 2011 John said:
That a bloody nice boost gauge!

cost me enough lol! http://www.classicinstruments.com/ i wanted a stock kinda look.

Pottsy yes never again, next time ill drop the engine out!

apbellamy, graham.. below the boost take off? thats the backfire valve i think?

something to do with if it backfires through the carbie?

or do you mean the that bracket below the booster take off? i assume for the carbie cable, i'm not sure the kit i have is the early one.

yes graham, i used about 5 or 6m also :) braided looks nice. i think ill stay with that if i can get it cheap enough.

carl yep there are a few aircon bits around in australia. loads imported the spi minis as front cuts, so with a bit of calling around you can get a kit.

i have a another lot of bits compressor, brackets for compressor, alternator brackets pretty much what you see in the photo, but the cabin stuff i have no spare.

it's getting harder to find as no one is importing the front cuts anymore, so if you want aircon i would move quick before it is all gone.

i will be putting more aircon photo's up as i get into that stage, in detail so you can all say the bits i have.

----
carl

we have 3 types of aircon set up's i have set up 2 in this photo but ill be using the condenser from set up 3.

set up 1 is everything inside the cabin looks very retro 80's but it's easy way to have aircon.

look at the photo below, this is the original kit where you don't have to cut, it's to big & i wish i never bought this condenser type, i just cant fit it under the back of the van but a normal mini you can fit it next to the battery box it's a perfect size!

because my traveler has the spare wheel & other bits of metal poking out, I needed a thiner condenser.

I will be going custom anyways with the pipes, i have the small condenser from a later model spi mini. photo's to come and will run most things in under the floor boot.

so this is the old carbie set up or first SPI mini kits from japan, as i said huge & busy! mine wont even look like it has aircon *happy* and i can remove the engine with out having to degas every time.

ps rover alternators are huge!

this is pretty much how AC plugs up, nothing to it.

Edited by NickG on 20th Jul, 2011.

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

Today I got in & really made some headway on the car, i was thinking about it to much to do music.. so got up early did some studio work.

then out to the car.

firstly i mounted in my boost gauge, looks really good very happy!

i spent a bit of time re wiring the car & i moved the washer bottle over, used a new smaller washer bottle electric motor in as i need to leave room for the blower also moved the Horn under the wing & extended the wiring just need to hook it up.

So i moved onto the aircon today, i took some photo's of my new condenser that im going to mount under the car, as you can see it is very thin & very lightweight compared to the other one.

the full aircon kit

even though the photo is on a angle with the fan it is the same thickness as the old one.

I then moved onto dummy fitting it and worked out where i want it to be, so the next thing to mount is the drier/ reciever.

i forgot to take a photo of this though but i made up a little bracket & mounted it to the rear subframe out the way.

bracket for drier, that looks pretty much like a mini coil.

where i plan to mount it.

mounted

next week when i have some time, planning to remove the tank mod for fuel injection mount the compressor & look at getting some custom pipes made up, i think i'm going to measure it all my self & get them made up as a shop want nearly $90 to $100 per pipe! and fitting.

next job, i will fit my Mini Tastic fast road 2011 revised springs to my swift gti powered mini for extra comfort! the new kit lets you run the car lower & no springs to fall out, ill run standard height anyways.

The cones are killing me, I have the minitastic kit in my van and the transformation is amazing highly recommend them!

Edited by NickG on 26th Jul, 2011.

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

Nice progress.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

pickmeup

568 Posts
Member #: 1200
Post Whore

Bristol

did you make the top alterator bracket from scratch or is it modified from something else?

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

that top bracket is a original mini part :) it comes with the aircon kit, it would not be hard to make one up the same though, if you have the know how.

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

ok, so i have been busy, i thought i would post up some photos, recently i have had of my tank modified for injection, it sits a little lower then my tank it self not by much, has the been all set up for injection properly now *happy*

I will use 2 right angled brass fittings and two pipes, will be nice & neat and less lines to run as my fuel reg will be on the heel board of the rear subframe.

spent 2 frustrating days now putting in my minitastic springs. everything is rusted & because of the g13B i cant take my top arms out so it makes life very hard. and did i mention rust.

the nusts were so jammed up there was only one way to come out, i did one side joe took a more angry approach with the angle grinder hehe good old TM spirit check out the shirt!

we got the suckers out!

i got my side out slowly while joe got his out pretty quick with the grinder lol

Edited by NickG on 3rd Aug, 2011.

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Post Whore

Chester

some nice welding.. looking good

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

little tasty update My new SU :lol: more photo's to come soon *wink*

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 3rd Aug, 2011 NickG said:

I will use 2 right angled brass fittings and two pipes, will be nice & neat and less lines to run as my fuel reg will be on the heel board of the rear subframe.

Nick, not sure exactly what you mean by that, can you explain a bit more ?

There are very good reasons for having the regulator (on an injection system) right next to the injectors (usually on the end of the injector fuel rail).

Progress looks good otherwise, way faster than me :)

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

NickG

744 Posts
Post Whore

Australia oi oi oi!

Hey rod, I decided to mount mine in the engine bay now next to the rail pretty much.. Was only doing it that way tring to make it look neater/stealth.

But I felt it was not a good idea.

Home > Show Us Yours! > My Sc12 now 'sprinttex blower' fuel injected A+ 1293 Aircon project updated
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: