Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Track, Drag & Race > 2011 Mini In The Park, Santa Pod, Sun 14 Aug

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

On 22nd Jul, 2011 Rob Gavin said:
i could always russle up a pot of haggis, neeps'n tatties to line everyones stomach!

Yes please.

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

fastcarl

6962 Posts
Member #: 507
Fastest A Series Mini in the World

leeds/wakefield.

If you thinking of bring down a Haggis rob make sure you kill it first, iv'e heard theya re terrible on long journeys,lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNZWI_IYJU0&feature=related

Edited by fastcarl on 23rd Jul, 2011.

WWW.FORCE-RACING.CO.UK PLEASE CLICK HERE

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Member #: 618
Post Whore

Glasgow

The common haggis is quite a shy nocturnal beast; provided we keep it in the dark it should be fine

Miniwilliams

5329 Posts
Member #: 140
Proven 200+bhp & Avon Park 05,06,07 Class D 3rd place

Hi Hguys, have i picked up my wrong diary as my book says the 15th is on the monday?

Best 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds @116 mph
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on a carb?
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on Injection?

http://www.mattwoodsphotography.com

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Yep the date on the thread is wrong Matt. Deffo Sunday 14th

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

On 23rd Jul, 2011 Rob Gavin said:
The common haggis is quite a shy nocturnal beast; provided we keep it in the dark it should be fine

so don't tell it we are going to eat it until just before it goes in the pot?

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

pretty much, a bit like lobster

Miniwilliams

5329 Posts
Member #: 140
Proven 200+bhp & Avon Park 05,06,07 Class D 3rd place

nice one, cheers john.

Best 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds @116 mph
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on a carb?
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on Injection?

http://www.mattwoodsphotography.com

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Looks like it's going to be muddy in the park again this year...

*hehe!*

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

Im travelling up on the sunday morning, ill have to say hello if i spot anybody. Was going to run up the strip, but as i was only running 18s at avon and i wont get many runs in anyway, id rather save a few quid and let everyone else get the extra odd run in. Looking forward to it :)

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

wintersurferuk

825 Posts
Member #: 2208
Post Whore

Essex

just cheeked it, say its going to be cloudy

hope it dont rain as the mini leaks, and im in need of some new tyres. on the plus side i got the window wipers working

On 4th Aug, 2011 apbellamy said:
Looks like it's going to be muddy in the park again this year...

apbellamy

16540 Posts

report has improved since the other day *smiley*

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast2....%207XA&metric=1

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

I think it is a bit early to depress ourselves with the weather. I won't pay much attention until mid next week

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Have you cought a haggis yet Rob?

*hehe!*

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

yip - he put up a bit of a fight though!

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

It wasn,t a mature male was it ?

I,m told they taste a bit rank

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

it will be fine with a whisky sauce or should I say Jous?

nuukuus

161 Posts
Member #: 6857
Advanced Member

Lieto / Finland

I coming too, but I'm coming without my Cabrio.. So see you all on saturday evening.

1399cc, Eaton M45 supercharger, N2O system, compression ratio 9.23:1, boost pressure 0,8bar/11.6psi.

http://www.garaget.org/?car=176816

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

I'd be up for a bit of haggis so make sure thats a LARGE one Rob. And if your coming down fairly early ish, I recommend a detour via the award winning butcher in Biggar. BEST haggis I've ever had the pleasure of!!!!!........ I'll chip in for the cost since they are not particularly cheep.

Failing that i'll just do what I normally do and get a stir fry from Tesco on the way in.

Incidently, catching the Haggis is a piece of piss since they have two long and two short legs. This lets them run round the hill. Hide in the heather. When you see a haggis running towards you round the hill, jump out from the heather and shout Agh ya wee sleeket bestie! The haggis will then shit itself (saving a messy job later) turn around and try to run the other way but since its got two short and two long legs, it just falls over. Haggis caught!

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Rob Gavin

6729 Posts
Post Whore

Glasgow

looking to get a mc sweens haggis or 2 depending on the availability and numbers. will check on numbers later in the week. As for getting to the site, i'm not sure on times yet - I' possibly detouring via east sussex to hopefully do a deal on a new daily driver

Rob

On 8th Aug, 2011 Sprocket said:
I'd be up for a bit of haggis so make sure thats a LARGE one Rob. And if your coming down fairly early ish, I recommend a detour via the award winning butcher in Biggar. BEST haggis I've ever had the pleasure of!!!!!........ I'll chip in for the cost since they are not particularly cheep.

Failing that i'll just do what I normally do and get a stir fry from Tesco on the way in.

Incidently, catching the Haggis is a piece of piss since they have two long and two short legs. This lets them run round the hill. Hide in the heather. When you see a haggis running towards you round the hill, jump out from the heather and shout Agh ya wee sleeket bestie! The haggis will then shit itself (saving a messy job later) turn around and try to run the other way but since its got two short and two long legs, it just falls over. Haggis caught!

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

sounds like a plan!!

:)

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

wintersurferuk

825 Posts
Member #: 2208
Post Whore

Essex

Cor blimey! all the way from finland

On 8th Aug, 2011 nuukuus said:
I coming too, but I'm coming without my Cabrio.. So see you all on saturday evening.

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Rob let me know what my (large *wink*) portion of haggis etc costs and I'll give it you on the day. Can't have you out of pocket feeding us lot *smiley*

*hehe!*

nuukuus

161 Posts
Member #: 6857
Advanced Member

Lieto / Finland

This is my fifth time already MITP..... *wink*

Jani

On 8th Aug, 2011 wintersurferuk said:
Cor blimey! all the way from finland

On 8th Aug, 2011 nuukuus said:

1399cc, Eaton M45 supercharger, N2O system, compression ratio 9.23:1, boost pressure 0,8bar/11.6psi.

http://www.garaget.org/?car=176816

turbominivanman

1105 Posts
Member #: 1504
Post Whore

Westbury, Wiltshire

Jani.

Great to see you'll be there too. But without the Cabrio *frown*

We must catch up on the Sunday.

I'll be in the cars for sale area. Come give me a shout mate.

Richard.

Minivanless, but reluctantly happy living with the decision. There'll be another one day.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=minimadmotorman#p/u

Home > Track, Drag & Race > 2011 Mini In The Park, Santa Pod, Sun 14 Aug
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: