Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > 6 speeds of awesome!

MadMatt

703 Posts
Member #: 105
1st to provide proof of a running Bimmy Conversion!

Brisbane ,Australia

yeah ok Col`n,,, don`t get your tits in a tangle, it`s only a gearbox

these were made by a company here in Aust "KG Engineering" , & yes the gear-sets were purpose made to suit the mini case

1:1 5th with over-drive 6th, Very Very tough box,,, a little complicated to rebuild but work extremely well

we`ve been running these boxes in our sports sedans since 1996

i would like to sort a sequential shifter for it , but not much room for anything else inside *smiley*

besides, i already have a sequential shifter 6-speed dog box in my hillclimb buggy

*smiley*

& no,,, (before anyone asks) KG Eng is no longer in existence, went bust years ago

we may make copys of the gears & shafts at some stage (whenever we need to rip one apart) because it would be good to have some spare gears if anything did go wrong at any stage

www.miniman.com.au

"""LazyGoodForNothingSmartArseKnowItAllBackYardMiniMechanic"""

stevieturbo

3577 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Surely rather than a custom set....using a bike set like at the start of the thread has to be far more cost effective ?

Machine the gearbox casing and provide a kit of parts for people to build their bike gearset into ?

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

It will be interesting how much it will cost
It looks grate

robert

6744 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

On 28th Aug, 2011 Miniwilliams said:
yes very clever, and 100% gets my thumbs up. Just worried if if would take 250 lbft + and 750 kgs lol

exactl matt .well put ,, my worry is , if the gears are as big as they look ,then the op gear on 1st is pretty small , so may only have a very few teeth to take the shock .

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

miniminor63

1849 Posts
Member #: 672
The oversills police

Oslo, Norway

Also, I guess you mean CBR1100XX not CBR1100RR?

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

The only thing that is wrong for me is that the up and down is wrong. I guess this could be changed at the gear stick.

Should be pull back for up and push forwards for down.

Using the above ratios I have made the following. It is a comparison between std ratios and the SC set (yes I know you all use the clubman set, but I don't). It seems that using a 3.9 instead of the 4.1 makes sense for my setup.

Basically, if someone made a kit and it could be done for reasonable money, I'd give it a go.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

miniminor63

1849 Posts
Member #: 672
The oversills police

Oslo, Norway

ratios for a bunch of bikes: http://gearingcommander.com/

akirch

337 Posts
Member #: 399

Austria

On 18th Sep, 2011 stevieturbo said:
Machine the gearbox casing and provide a kit of parts for people to build their bike gearset into ?

I think its much more complex, then a bolt-on-kit with little machining of gearbox casing, when i am watching mattys thread...
It's a pity. :(

http://www.minifreunde.at

Home > General Chat > 6 speeds of awesome!
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: