Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > eBay Seller - Rattleofbritain

TomBooth

299 Posts
Member #: 2814

Mansfield - Notts

I bought a pedal box from rattleofbritain, an ebay seller just selling mini parts (looks like he buys them an splits them). Item was described to have been a 'Nonservo pedalbox, blasted an painted in good condition'.

I received a Servo pedal box with the linkage removed, it had a snapped clutch spring, not blasted or painted, bent stud on the top an it was packaged in a grey plastic bag, taped up with the clutch pedal hanging out.

I asked for a returns address twice before I got an answer. I sent it back packaged well in bubble wrap an shrink wrap to keep it protected, 1st class to make sure it got there qucikly.

I've received 2 emails today telling me the item I returned is not the item I received. He's threatened me with eBay action, despite him being in the wrong. His replies have all had shitty attitude to them an I'm far from happy with him.

Avoid like the plauge IMO, he's either messing me around or is that far in his own world he doesn't realize what he's doing.

Johnny

1183 Posts
Member #: 6926
Post Whore

Accrington

cheers for the heads up. seeing as you have a return address it would seem strange he is being a dick. he must be quite confident you aint going to turn up one day with a baseball bat :)

TomBooth

299 Posts

Mansfield - Notts

For £35 I'm not going to waste my breathe, hes only 45 minutes away aswell.

He recons I sent the same box back but with a different clutch pedal as its a different shade to the other pedal!? Eitherway I've filed a case against him, he replied telling me to return the correct pedal box an it would all be resolved. 5 minutes later I've recieved a full refund apart from the £10 it cost me to send it back. No explanation why I've got a refund but I suppose its better then I had.

Edited by TomBooth on 11th Oct, 2011.

Fortecphil

497 Posts
Member #: 7641

Jersey, CI

Gotta put my two pence in here - i bought a pair of chrome door handles a week or so ago from him. They were advertised as "Pair of chrome door handles with key"; they did turn up in a good condition, however there's two keys as the barrels are different - that and the fact the passenger one you can open with anything as it'll turn easily enough without a key inserted!!
I did email him and got a reply quick enough, he apologised and promised to send another barrel out - it's only been a couple of days so i will give him the benefit of the doubt, time will tell!

TomBooth

299 Posts

Mansfield - Notts

I have no doubt he could be a good seller, he has 100% feedback with only 9 problems out of 985 or something. Just really not impressed with his attitude an how he's reacted to it considering how relaxed I've been with him an the fact I put effort into returning it, not just slap it in a bag an print a sticker off.

Can I just ask, do your handles have any obvious marks on them? He's told me he marks everything that he sends so he can identify it, apparently the pedal box I returned didn't have his marks on it hence why he's kicked up. I can't remember there being a single stamp/mark on it, other then the grinder marks on it where somebody had cut the sheer bolts off.

Fortecphil

497 Posts
Member #: 7641

Jersey, CI

No mate, definitely not - nothing noticeable anyway. Sounds like bs to me....
I'll wait and see what happens, my gripe was that the listing didn't say that they were not a matching pair.
The 'packaging' left a lot to be desired when they arrived too, i must say.

TomBooth

299 Posts

Mansfield - Notts

Copied straight from his email -

' also the security markings that I put on all my items is missing '.

Just wondered if your items were marked too, as mine definitely wernt.

I've no doubt he will sort you out, just be careful if you have to start returning stuff.

Now its resolved I dunno if mods want to remove this? I still wouldn't recommend buying from him thou.

Home > Companies to Avoid > eBay Seller - Rattleofbritain
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: